Donald Trump

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
28 Jan 2016 8:50 PM by potblack Star rating in Alicante & Singapore. 233 posts Send private message

potblack´s avatar

Is Donald right or a racist,

This message was last edited by potblack on 28/01/2016.

Like 0      
28 Jan 2016 11:23 PM by randolph Star rating. 167 posts Send private message

Are you reffering to what he said about the Scots?

Donald Trump Calls Scotland 'Small-Minded and Parochial' as He Can't Get His Way

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By VICE News

Like 0      
28 Jan 2016 11:24 PM by randolph Star rating. 167 posts Send private message

Are you referring to what he said about the Scots?

Donald Trump Calls Scotland 'Small-Minded and Parochial' as He Can't Get His Way

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By VICE News

Like 0      
29 Jan 2016 9:25 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Well I guess even Trump is not always 100% wrong,  even if he is confused about the Scots and Scotland !

Like 2      
29 Jan 2016 9:25 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I think he says out loud what other people say in their head as they don't want to sound politically incorrect. I don't necessary like the bloke, but he does seem to speak the words of the layman and not the do gooders.

Like 0      
30 Jan 2016 11:47 AM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Isn't the Scotland thing something to do with them saying they dont want him to visit, yet he employs a good few with the golf course so does well for the local economy.

Also wasn't their some sort of petition doing the rounds in the UK to stop him visiting because he spoke his mind, as Marksfish mentioned he just said what many were thinking but didn't have the guts to say it out loud and admit to the problem

So much for free speech then.

Like 0      
30 Jan 2016 11:48 AM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

Markfish

Spot on and many people do think like that sadly which is one the many reasons we are the situation we are. Wehave learnt nothing from history and forcing our views on those who do thinsg differently

We still glorify war and violence in movies, TV, videos games etc.

We have become a very selfish and self centered race and we have allowed minority fanatics to have a place in the world under the auspices of religion (fairy stories) and other fanatical ideas.

We have the ability to change this and it will take time but first we need to recognise our own faults and fanatical thoughts towards others and how they live their lives

Like 0      
30 Jan 2016 3:51 PM by randolph Star rating. 167 posts Send private message

Tadd

If we were self centred and selfish we would not allow any minority fanatics near us. 

This message was last edited by randolph on 30/01/2016.

This message was last edited by randolph on 30/01/2016.

Like 2      
30 Jan 2016 5:55 PM by GB45 Star rating in Wiltshire and holida.... 130 posts Send private message

Having just come back from the USA, it's suprising how popular Donald Trump is among the blue collar and middle classes in the US. He is a republican and a billionaire so they are not his natural supporters. Many commentators seem to think that he will be the next Republican candidate for president, including a White House correspondant on our transatlantic crossing. I'm not sure if the world is ready for Trump as president!

Did you mean the British have become a very self-centred race Tadd, or mankind in general? It's not surprising if we have, although I don't agree for many reasons.When migrants complain about red front doors (both my kids have red front doors!) and having to wear wristbands to get 3 meals a day it does make you wonder just where we have gone wrong. As a pensioner I would be happy to wear a wristband and get 3 free meals a day. IMO if that's all they have to moan about life can't be so bad.

Like 2      
30 Jan 2016 7:25 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

GB45

Did you mean the British have become a very self-centred race Tadd, or mankind in general?

I mean the so called modern / western world with a I'm all right Jack attitude we seem to have forgotten some humanity and caring for those who are less fortunate than many - across the board at home and overseas

Far too much suffering of many at the hands of so few, be it religion, politics, greed, power, selfishness etc.

Why can't we live as equals, respect each other, care for each other, in peace and harmony?

Like 0      
30 Jan 2016 7:25 PM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

That's an interesting perspective GB45.  Do you reckon you would still take the freebies if they came with verbal and physical abuse from the local yobs and and increased risk of having your home vandalised?

Like 0      
30 Jan 2016 8:48 PM by GB45 Star rating in Wiltshire and holida.... 130 posts Send private message

I don't like the idea of anyone having to take violence or verbal abuse from anyone. Yobs target all sorts of people for all sorts of reasons and none, that's why we call them yobs. Try living on some inner city council estates these days (thankfully I don't) yobs target the old, the disabled, people of the wrong colour etc. It's not right but it happens and these people don't get the freebies either. And so no Acer, I wouldn't like to be a target for ANY reason but if I lived in the wrong place it could happen. I'm not sure that migrants are targetted any more than other sections of the community.

Like 0      
31 Jan 2016 9:06 AM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

Some journalists write their stories in a way that they know will get up the noses of their readers, just to get our attention.  And the media industry works in the way that any story that attracts attention is quickly replicated by the other networks, so the story spreads like a ripple effect  And sometimes we are being suckered by racists.

For 10 years I had a job in south London and often worked until late in the evening and had several close encounters with groups of yobs and muggers.  You are particularly vulnerable when you are on your own and wearing a business suit which is like a flashing neon sign saying "come and get me".  So I know what it feels like to be on the receiving end.

But Donald Trump will have a different experience.  He will ride door to door in a chauffeur driven car surrounded by minders and can easily afford to play on the fear of voters even though his comments have no relevance to himself.  This "parts of London being no go areas" is a prime example - I never saw Donald Trump in the 10 years I was walking through Peckham late at night.

Like 0      
31 Jan 2016 9:47 AM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1234 posts Send private message

Both Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders must be rubbing their hands with joy if Trump is to be the Republican presidential candidate.

I'm Spartacus, well why not?

Like 0      
31 Jan 2016 10:34 AM by GB45 Star rating in Wiltshire and holida.... 130 posts Send private message

Did you just make my point Acer, that anyone can be a target for these yobbish people? I am a Londoner, born in the East End, who hasn't lived in London for over 50 years. My parents lived there all their lives and my daughter currently has a house in Clapham so I can certainly sympathise with you and others on the receiving end of abuse and worse, not that's it's confined to London of course. As you say, Donald Trump plays on the fears of people. As a point of interest, did you know that Trumps' mother was a Scot, from the Isle of Lewis?

Like 0      
31 Jan 2016 11:29 AM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

Clapham?  Lovely place..all the toffs live there, only one stop away from St Reatham!

Did I make your point?  I was questioning your comment..."I would be happy to wear a wristband and get 3 free meals a day. IMO if that's all they have to moan about life can't be so bad"...I don't believe I did, but whatever.

But this thread is headed "Donald Trump" and I was reverting to that and the emotive anti Muslim claptrap that this fella spews out each time he opens his mouth.  I can hardly believe that he is potentially the next US President, but part of my family are American and I've long since realised that politics there is very very different to the UK. 

When they say "staunch Republican" they really mean it to the point where these guys loose all objectivity. They become fanatical - politics is a subject to be avoided at all costs in an American bar.  But as Hep says, Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders and co must be very happy.

Like 0      
31 Jan 2016 1:34 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1234 posts Send private message

Acer, like you part of our family are Americans, being residents of Raleigh, North Carolina. They were staying with us when the 9/11 atrocity occured, quite strangely they couldn't wait to get back home where they would feel 'safe'. When we and the USA invaded Iraq they told us that everyone in North Carolina knew that Osama bin Laden was hiding in one of Saddam Hussein's palaces. This convinces me that Trump will have no problems in obtaining the votes of America's right wing bigots, which hopefully are a minority.

This message was last edited by Hephaestus on 31/01/2016.

Like 0      
31 Jan 2016 3:25 PM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

We were in New York briefly just before 9/11 on a stopover on route to the mid west and we've been to South Carolina a few times, a lovely part of the world.  The volume of happy clappy folk there is amazing and we find extraordinary difference in attitudes, not just between north and south, but also east and west.

Invariably when you speak to an American on a "one to one" basis they are the friendliest, courteous people you could ever wish to encounter, but in groups, not always the case.  They are both surprisingly patriotic and insular which I reckon is how I reckon Donald Trump has managed to gain favour.  It's almost like a repeat of McCarthyism, except with Muslims replacing communists.

Like 1      
04 Mar 2016 6:52 PM by potblack Star rating in Alicante & Singapore. 233 posts Send private message

potblack´s avatar

A few people thought Donanldo was a wealthy fruit and nut case, but not so any more, he may soon have the keys to the missile cupboard.  Maybe shortly North Korea: Kim Jong-un might be going half a crown, sixpence.

Like 0      
05 Mar 2016 9:34 AM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1234 posts Send private message

Best to be insulted than ignored, who said that Boris is a buffoon by the way? wink 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Looking for advice on which estate agent to use..... - 7 posts
Buying Travel Insurance whilst living in Spain - 6 posts
Law 57/68 claims - 25 posts
Hi - new: moving from UK Sussex to Galicia in summer 2016. - 4 posts
Restrictions on driving with a Spanish DL. - 8 posts
Set up on-line electricity contract - 5 posts
Gringo Americans Seeking Advice (Por Favor) - 2 posts
Sam Brooks - 10 posts
Gas water heater - 3 posts
Long Term Car Rentals - 3 posts
Brittany Ferries Discount Codes - 2 posts
Banking - 2 posts
From Essex to Espana.. - 2 posts
compressed double mattress?? furniture delivery advice? - 1 posts
SPANISH REGISTERED LEFT HAND DRIVE CAR FOR SALE IN ENGLAND, TOYOTA COROLLA. - 0 posts
Retired landlords living in Spain who derive an income from buy-to-lets in the UK - 12 posts
Buying a new car in Murcia - 18 posts
Bank Drafts and selling up - 8 posts
Driving a Spanish reg car in France on a uk lic - 4 posts
Sky.eu? Satellite or IPTV - 5 posts
Jonty's back - 2 posts
pay as you go electricity - 1 posts
can I chase the dream - 61 posts
Freesat TV - 1 posts
New owners at La Torre Golf Hotel - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 62

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x