Gas water heater

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
25 Jan 2016 3:50 PM by Harrieman Star rating in Alexandria in the We.... 25 posts Send private message

Hi Guy's, a while ago I sought advice on gas water heaters that were compatable to run two showers, I did receive a reply with a particular make but for the life of me cannot find the thread with the details regarding this type of water heater. Could anyone please advise me on such a water heater/boiler?

Thanks.

Like 0      
25 Jan 2016 7:26 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

The majority of so called multipoint water heaters will deliver approximately 9ltrs of hot water at best if you do intend using two showers at one time to do this you will have to fit thermostatic shower mixer taps for a good flo at each outlet  i carried out the same job myself on my Villa,  but what do I know I have only been a gas safe registerd plumber for 43 years good luck.

This message was last edited by windtalker on 25/01/2016.

Like 3      
31 Jan 2016 11:56 AM by STEVEE Star rating in Urcal. 30 posts Send private message

HI, the ability to support successfully two showers at once is largely dependent on the in coming mains supply volume or pump volume not to be confused with the pressure. As stated thermo mixers will help smooth any peaks or troughs and should be considered essential. The out put of any water heater will be in the maker's info shown as a graph with max liters per minute at a stated temp rise. This temp rise would be added to the incoming water temp to give a theoretical output temp. This can be further reduced by the effects of low gas in the bottle affecting the boil off rate in cold weather.

most of the major makers large multipoint state 14L/min for 30c rise this will see you at best in the winter at 40c just about a full hot shower ! if all the internal pipes are correctly sized for the length of the run then you may get 6L/Min at each shower assuming that your cold input is above 14L/Min say 15 - 16 L/Min allowing for the restriction of the appliance this is quite high by Spanish standards with out pump support.

IMHO two simultaneous showers of a good rate are unlikely off one water heater, we have two 10L/Min heaters and they just about give two showers as they are limited by our input water volume thats around 12 L/Min.

cheers steve

Like 1      
01 Feb 2016 7:56 AM by Harrieman Star rating in Alexandria in the We.... 25 posts Send private message

Thanks for the info Stevee, this will come in handy when buying my water heater(s)

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Long Term Car Rentals - 3 posts
Brittany Ferries Discount Codes - 2 posts
Banking - 2 posts
From Essex to Espana.. - 2 posts
compressed double mattress?? furniture delivery advice? - 1 posts
SPANISH REGISTERED LEFT HAND DRIVE CAR FOR SALE IN ENGLAND, TOYOTA COROLLA. - 0 posts
Retired landlords living in Spain who derive an income from buy-to-lets in the UK - 12 posts
Buying a new car in Murcia - 18 posts
Bank Drafts and selling up - 8 posts
Driving a Spanish reg car in France on a uk lic - 4 posts
Sky.eu? Satellite or IPTV - 5 posts
Jonty's back - 2 posts
pay as you go electricity - 1 posts
can I chase the dream - 61 posts
Freesat TV - 1 posts
New owners at La Torre Golf Hotel - 0 posts
Spanish property deeds. - 4 posts
"How many immigrants has Spain excepted ?? - 42 posts
Sunday Lunch in Marbella - 1 posts
Unpaid Community fees - 85 posts
Buses from la linea to sabinillas - 9 posts
Registering births in Spain - 3 posts
Leaving employment for cross-frontier worker in Gibraltar - 2 posts
Hello from Valencia - 1 posts
Rental problems. Help! - 13 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x