Sam Brooks

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
26 Jan 2016 1:11 PM by sambobrooks Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Hi 

I have an apartment on Dream Hills 2 with a roof terrace, im looking to put a pergoda with a tiled roof on there for shade and cooking outside, can anyone recommend a company that supplies them in a kit or who can come and build one?

I live in the UK and only get over a few times a year,

Thanks

Like 0      
26 Jan 2016 2:17 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Be aware that to make a construction which  you describe you will  almost certainly require permission from the community,  plus a building licence from the Town Hall  That you will have a roof will probably mean that you will need to submit architects plans etc. As the owner it will be your responsibility.-

Like 0      
27 Jan 2016 8:14 AM by sambobrooks Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Thanks for the information. Is it because it has a tile roof it will need planning permission?

it will come in kit form 10x10. How easy is it to get permission by planning? 

Like 0      
27 Jan 2016 8:35 AM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

Sam

Check with your community president for the community process  / rules etc and the town hall, you will probably need to consult wth your neighbours and get them to agree it is OK as part of community rules (and common courtesy)

The process is simple (when you know it of course) and many town halls have relaxed a lot of requirments over the years

Have any neighbours done similar

Don't worry too much and good luck

Like 1      
27 Jan 2016 9:21 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

From enquiries  I made some years ago the building permission from the town hall is more stringent where there is a potential danger to people.  Having a solid/hard/heavy roof over a place where people will be, was considered as a situation of potential danger and thus the rules were applied more stringently.

Over the past few days having experienced an earthquake of 6.3 magnitude, and  several aftershocks, when our building swayed,  lamps swung, and doors rattled,  the strength of something like a roof seems a lot more important than it might have done a couple of weeks ago !

Like 0      
27 Jan 2016 9:39 AM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

johnzx

valid point but

enquiries  I made some years ago

as i said over the past few years things have changed for many town halls

the ONLY way for sam to be sure is ask the community and the town hall that covers his area

What ever you, me or anyone esle has done in the past is irrevelvant and of little or no help at this point to sam and will only confuse or worry sam

No need to add anything else unless someone has recently in the last few months done exaclty the same where Sam lives

Like 1      
27 Jan 2016 9:58 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

But as the building regs have not changed the same rules apply. 

And I did say " .....  you will  almost certainly require permission from the community,  plus a building licence from the Town Hall"

Like 0      
27 Jan 2016 10:00 AM by sambobrooks Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Thanks both for the information, frustrating thing is im not over there til July now and wanted the work doing in May, will speak to my neighbour and get the contact details for the president.

No doubt i will be back on here asking for advice!!! Sam is short for Samantha by the way!! (x)

Like 0      
27 Jan 2016 10:21 AM by sambobrooks Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Hi does anyone know where i could buy some palletts from in the area?

Like 0      
27 Jan 2016 11:32 AM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

Samantha

Sorry can't hep with pallets

Please do the right thing and check for yourself locally

Please, please don't take the info on regs etc on here as gospel and treat them with a pinch of salt, this is Spain and every area / town hall tend to be different - can be very frusyrating and confusing

At least you have some knowledge of what questions you need to ask and what you may or not need

A friend of mine did something very similar on the roof of his bungalow (which I helped him with) and the town hall in LM stated no licence or fee was required all he had to do was to get agreements from his neighbours in writing (email sufficed for one) and present this to the community president for final approval (which was given without question) and the community records etc.

Again good luck

Like 0      
27 Jan 2016 11:34 AM by sambobrooks Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Thanks for the help, my first point of contact is the president, im sure she will have an idea.

Much appreciated

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Gas water heater - 3 posts
Long Term Car Rentals - 3 posts
Brittany Ferries Discount Codes - 2 posts
Banking - 2 posts
From Essex to Espana.. - 2 posts
compressed double mattress?? furniture delivery advice? - 1 posts
SPANISH REGISTERED LEFT HAND DRIVE CAR FOR SALE IN ENGLAND, TOYOTA COROLLA. - 0 posts
Retired landlords living in Spain who derive an income from buy-to-lets in the UK - 12 posts
Buying a new car in Murcia - 18 posts
Bank Drafts and selling up - 8 posts
Driving a Spanish reg car in France on a uk lic - 4 posts
Sky.eu? Satellite or IPTV - 5 posts
Jonty's back - 2 posts
pay as you go electricity - 1 posts
can I chase the dream - 61 posts
Freesat TV - 1 posts
New owners at La Torre Golf Hotel - 0 posts
Spanish property deeds. - 4 posts
"How many immigrants has Spain excepted ?? - 42 posts
Sunday Lunch in Marbella - 1 posts
Unpaid Community fees - 85 posts
Buses from la linea to sabinillas - 9 posts
Registering births in Spain - 3 posts
Leaving employment for cross-frontier worker in Gibraltar - 2 posts
Hello from Valencia - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x