From Essex to Espana..

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 Jan 2016 12:18 PM by Allin Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi all,

We are Linda and Alan. We are, at the moment, living in Essex , but have been planning for some time now for a move to Spain sometime in the next 18 months.

Both of us have retired early, Lin from the NHS and myself from the Fire Service , so have reasonable pensions and no need to work. Medically, Lin is fine but I take a number of medications following a heart attack some 5 years ago. We enjoy sociallising, travelling and doing new things. That , at the moment, is a brief intro.

We do have a static home in Murcia, but intend on selling that at some point, so have  abase to start from.

We are looking forward to getting to know you all, even if its only in cyberspace.

Take Care

Al and Lin

Like 0      
23 Jan 2016 12:57 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Welcome nice to have a new poster if you have any questions you would like answered then fire away but be prepared for the wide a various responses you will have.

Like 0      
23 Jan 2016 1:13 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Allin, As a Brit you may know when you live in Spain you pay tax on all your worldwide income in Spain.  That said, Government employee pensions can only be taxed at source in UK. 

However, as from this year's Spanish tax declaration, such pensions will be 'taken into consideration'. Previously they were ignored, so such pensioners  got two lots of tax free allowance, £10.600 in UK and around 7,000 € in Spain.

I have not seen anywhere yet how 'taken into consideration'  will affect the amount of tax one will then pay in Spain.

PS Good luck with the early retirement. I did that from the Police in UK when I was 47 and have lived her ever since. (28 years of double tax relief). Not one regret

This message was last edited by johnzx on 23/01/2016.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

compressed double mattress?? furniture delivery advice? - 1 posts
SPANISH REGISTERED LEFT HAND DRIVE CAR FOR SALE IN ENGLAND, TOYOTA COROLLA. - 0 posts
Retired landlords living in Spain who derive an income from buy-to-lets in the UK - 12 posts
Buying a new car in Murcia - 18 posts
Bank Drafts and selling up - 8 posts
Driving a Spanish reg car in France on a uk lic - 4 posts
Sky.eu? Satellite or IPTV - 5 posts
Jonty's back - 2 posts
pay as you go electricity - 1 posts
can I chase the dream - 61 posts
Freesat TV - 1 posts
New owners at La Torre Golf Hotel - 0 posts
Spanish property deeds. - 4 posts
"How many immigrants has Spain excepted ?? - 42 posts
Sunday Lunch in Marbella - 1 posts
Unpaid Community fees - 85 posts
Buses from la linea to sabinillas - 9 posts
Registering births in Spain - 3 posts
Leaving employment for cross-frontier worker in Gibraltar - 2 posts
Hello from Valencia - 1 posts
Rental problems. Help! - 13 posts
Starting out on our Spanish adventure! - 4 posts
Hydralia Incompetence and Town Hall Negligence - 9 posts
New in spain - 9 posts
Blinds - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x