Sky.eu? Satellite or IPTV

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
20 Jan 2016 3:24 PM by Booms Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hi, am moving to Spain in April, Can anyone advise

The house has a big 1.8m dish on the roof but is using IPTV which has only free to view channels all regions which is a pain to use even using favourites, Is there a code to pay for? Would like to take our sky dish and receiver and buy an eu card as we are comfotable using it. Have been reading alot of the discussions but am worried its going over my head. (Am 63) and want an easy system to use for me and my wife.  Has anyone got a eu card as we do not see much advertising for it and would like to get rid of the dish as its taking up to much room on the patio.

Your help is appreciated Michael

Like 0      
20 Jan 2016 3:53 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Booms

You need to ascertain weather you are able to pick up a satellite signal in the area you are moving to first. When you say "The house has a big 1.8m dish on the roof but is using IPTV" It seems to suggest that there is no signal. Most of southern Spain lost the ability to get most UK tv by satellite in Feb 2014 when changes were made and a new satellite launched with a much smaller footprint than previously. Not sure what you mean by a EU card?

Like 0      
21 Jan 2016 8:35 AM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar

The house has a big 1.8m dish on the roof but is using IPTV which has only free to view channels all regions which is a pain to use even using favourites, Is there a code to pay for?

Depends what type of IPTV system you have. An android box using XBMC /Kodi usually picks up the free / pirated streams, so no need to pay. A Mag box is designed for pay IPTV services, so you need to find a provider who will provide you with the necessary details to input into the box.

Would like to take our sky dish and receiver and buy an eu card as we are comfotable using it.

A Sky minidish will simply not work in Spain, it is too small.

The three new UK TV satellites had a good impact for some areas and a bad impact for other areas,especially for the free channels from BBC ITV C4 and FIve.

Most Sky pay channels are available in all of Spain, but you will need a min of a "1m" dish to receive them.

Reception of some Sky pay channals, and the non Sky channels like BBC and ITV, really depends where you are. In the Valencia Costa Blanca north area, you can get these on a 125x135cm dish. Other areas, like Costa Del Sol, you need like a 4m+ dish.

Has anyone got a eu card as we do not see much advertising for it

There is no such things as a Sky EU card. Sky only operate, and can issue their cards in the UK, Germany and Italy. But then even though they share the name "Sky", they do not share the same channels. EG Sky UK has Dave, it is not available on the other two systems. And you cannot use a Sky UK card in a Sky Italia receiver.

Sky do not issues cards to other countries, as due to broadcasting rights, they can only issues cards to addresses in the countires that they, and the channels that they carry, buy the programme rights to. In Spain, the main satellite TV provider is Movistar+, formally Cana+. They have many of the same pay channels as other satellite providers (eg Discovery, Nat Get, MTV, Movie and SPorts channels) but obviously will not carry and UK channels like BBC ITV C4 or Five.

So simply bring your own card with your box from the UK - maybe moving the account to a freind or family members address beforeyou move.

and would like to get rid of the dish as its taking up to much room on the patio.

Again, depends where you are in Spain, as some areas you will get some channels on a smaller dish, other areas, your 1.8m dish will be fine, and in other aras your 1.8m dish will be too small.

This message was last edited by satandpcguy on 21/01/2016.

www.satandpcguy.com Satellite TV & Sky TV in Spain installers. Costa Blanca, Azahar and Valencia areas.

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      
21 Jan 2016 4:55 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

I have two sat dishes that I am going to take down as I no longer use them since I bought an Android TV box from eBay  cost £35 three years back plug and play easy to use thousands of channels to watch all for free and no sat guy charging 40 EU ever 3 or 4 months to reposition the dish hope that answered you question 

Like 0      
21 Jan 2016 7:40 PM by Booms Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Thanks for the replies, gist l getis, with  the dish, is to wait and see, and get a guy.

As to the other option is have a box GI, but do not know what system it is and as to getting another, Can anyone reccomend an android box or are they all much the same?

Like 0      
22 Jan 2016 4:04 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

What you need is a android box fully loaded minimum of a quad core processor and at least a 15 gig hard drive you will pick one up on e bay for around £35. The one I have is a xgody cs18+ .

Like 1      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Jonty's back - 2 posts
pay as you go electricity - 1 posts
can I chase the dream - 61 posts
Freesat TV - 1 posts
New owners at La Torre Golf Hotel - 0 posts
Spanish property deeds. - 4 posts
"How many immigrants has Spain excepted ?? - 42 posts
Sunday Lunch in Marbella - 1 posts
Unpaid Community fees - 85 posts
Buses from la linea to sabinillas - 9 posts
Registering births in Spain - 3 posts
Leaving employment for cross-frontier worker in Gibraltar - 2 posts
Hello from Valencia - 1 posts
Rental problems. Help! - 13 posts
Starting out on our Spanish adventure! - 4 posts
Hydralia Incompetence and Town Hall Negligence - 9 posts
New in spain - 9 posts
Blinds - 2 posts
Euro Poll - 3 posts
Chalk paint - 0 posts
Happy New Year To Maria de Castro and Emilio Lucas - 1 posts
CCTV Murcia - 10 posts
7 SEATER CAR FOR HIRE - 5 posts
How do you arrange a pet passport from Spain to the UK - 13 posts
Exploring Spain in April, May, June... - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x