Massive Pig Farm for Camposol . present from the Town Hall

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
03 Jan 2016 9:58 PM by aliton Star rating. 331 posts Send private message

Anouncements have been made and planning approved plus detail disclosed regarding a massive potencially stinking PIGFARM at Los Placious ( Sector A Camposol) where 12,000 piglets with all the associated smell and mosquitos and flies  waffting its way accross the urbanisations 2 town centres. The farms location is just 1000 yards from the commercial centres. Currently the CRA ( Camposol  Residents Association) is stepping up the long running 10 year fight against the Town Hall. Mazaron Council  have never properly supported the Urbanisations existance and seemingly treating Camposols 4000 British Ex Pats as second class citizens . The current Mayor seems uncooperative ..You know what they say... the Town Hall always wins.  "is this a slap in the face for the CRA" ?? Has the current threat of Legal Action "aginst" the Town Hall excalated the problems  ? 

Happy Piggin New Year

This message was last edited by aliton on 03/01/2016.

Fomer member revisiting r.

Like 0      
03 Jan 2016 11:05 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

Don't sound so pleased about it!

As far as I'm aware approval has not yet been granted unless you have information that people on Camposol don't.

There is a petition in progress.

Like 1      
04 Jan 2016 10:56 AM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Alitone why are you so concerned about Camposol when you no longer have a place on Camposol l don't understand people that come on to a Spanish forum that have no connection with Spain. As Camposol said permission has not been granted and is unlikely to be granted due to the high level of E.U rules that are in place that control such a farm.
This message was last edited by windtalker on 04/01/2016.

Like 0      
04 Jan 2016 10:58 AM by Mickyfinn Star rating in Spain and France. 1833 posts Send private message

You can advise whoever is running the petition that the EU has some strict laws and restrictions about this sort of thing especially when it impacts the health and well being of exisiting residents. Find a lawyer with a sound knowledge of EU laws and get moving. The town hall is out of their depth even considering it.

Like 0      
04 Jan 2016 12:43 PM by acer Star rating. 1528 posts Send private message

The Mayor of Mazarron has a reputation of being unhelpful to foreigners.  She's only been in power for 6 months but already reneged on several undertakings made by her predecessor involving ex pat urbanisations. 

I doubt is she gives tuppence for "strict" EU Laws, very few politicians in Spain seem to, unless of course it suits them to do so.

In the last year or so all three previous Mayors of Mazarron have been separately been indicted for varying fraudulent activities.  You have to wonder if there's something awry with the culture at Mazarron Town Hall. 

It's a pity there was only lukewarm support for the CDIP.

Like 0      
04 Jan 2016 1:30 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

Aliton 's love affair with Camposol seems to have ended rather abruptly, and there is an undertone of sourness detected here, plus some glee that Camposol may be subjected to this unwelcome addition.

Although I no longer live there, I do have friends there with whom I keep in touch, and they are very concerned.

On B sector, we frequently had to put up with piggy pongs from the nearby pig farm which made our eyes water and cleared our airways!

This would be a much larger farm, so I am rather relieved that I won't have to suffer if permission is granted.

Like 0      
04 Jan 2016 2:07 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

Oh dear.  I feel sorry for the people who bought on Camposol.  I know some are putting a brave face on it, but it doesn't look like much fun living there.

Read my blog: Spain Money Saving Tips and Offers 

Use TransferWise to send money abroad. A lot cheaper than the bank and other online currency exchanges!.

Like 1      
04 Jan 2016 4:01 PM by hughjardon Star rating in Jaywick Sands. 418 posts Send private message

hughjardon´s avatar

Personaaly I love the smell of the countryside you should live where we live bloody manuel smoking his fags one two three in the morning stinks it does at least pigs dont give secondary smoke illnesses I grew up on a farm we had pigs sheep all manner of beast its healthy

Sometimes I think Spain just wants us all to leave

Love Hughkiss

Like 5      
04 Jan 2016 4:14 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

If it happens.....

12,000 pigs plus all the SHI..Jolly old T....Throw in a couple of flies and mozzies 24 / 7

1 Manuel plus a couple of fags....

No contest....Manuel wins hands down. 

Like 1      
04 Jan 2016 4:35 PM by newworld Star rating. 942 posts Send private message

Look at the upside to this, might be able to do a deal with the farmer for cheap bacon butties.

Like 7      
05 Jan 2016 12:38 PM by Joecompass Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

Keeping a close eye on topics like this is always a good thing whether you have ties to a specific community or not. This also boils down to how country/farm operations co-exist with existing urban areas via local authrities. What might happen in Camposol could set a precedent in other areas.

Like 0      
05 Jan 2016 12:53 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Possibly a good idea as well if when viewing house's in the close vicinity and the Estate Agent makes any  mention of massive house price increase's due to the "New Theme Park" thats coming soon to gently throw in  the question "Any news on the new pig farm also" 

Like 0      
05 Jan 2016 1:21 PM by Mickyfinn Star rating in Spain and France. 1833 posts Send private message

I doubt the theme park will now ever be built. The businessman behind it Jesus Samper sadly suddenly died recently.

Like 0      
05 Jan 2016 2:00 PM by acer Star rating. 1528 posts Send private message

It's in the lap of the gods, but Jesus Samper cetainly did Murcia no harm at all in raising the profile of Murcia.  As an unsinkable optimist I like to think that the idea will be revisited when Europe moves out of recession.

Like 0      
05 Jan 2016 7:55 PM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

Theme partk, sorry no chance, said it orignally and I will say it again

People on Camposol or Condado or Mazarron Country Club  don't need this press, prop[erties are sellin and prices have increased , now this, what next being overflown from the new airport

Like 0      
05 Jan 2016 8:08 PM by acer Star rating. 1528 posts Send private message

inspectahomespain, I don't know any of the folk involved, but reading between the lines it seems to be more of a windup and the pigfarm will probably never happen.

But I thought that Corvera has a similar status to Paramount ie mothballed - are you still saying the airport is going to happen soon?  If I recall you mentioned a while ago that Corvera was fully staffed and ready to go, is that still the case?  Appreciate your update.

Like 0      
05 Jan 2016 8:28 PM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

Acer I was trying to be ironic with the comments on the airport because it is still a mexican stand off, Paramount was never mothballed just never started as opposed to the airport which is built, certified and ready to go, ALMOST

It is still staffed by the original developer people who I understand won't move till they have been paid off for the works that they have done and from reading other articles won't even let the government investigators into the facility, no inventory or paperwork for the tender process and they all still live on Corvera

Anybody that has visited Fuente Alamo in peak seaeson can tell you abount the smell from pig farms

Corvera Golf remains a closed course, no club house and with a very quiet Christmas and of course the banks driving down the property prices, really one of the few places where prices are not increasing

I have been selling plenty of properties recently, just not around that area

Like 0      
05 Jan 2016 11:32 PM by aliton Star rating. 331 posts Send private message

I would point out that this website is not restricted to property owners in Spain  "camposol"  So you dont need to have a spanish property to join in.. Its of interest to anyone with an "Eye on Spain". The camposol residents association seem to be rocking the boat big style with the town hall and the Pig Farm is public knowledge. Its a point of interest and we are entitled to free speech. The current Chairman has issued a 12 page news letter  (see CRA wbesite.) Constantly referring to the LADY MAJOR which is a bit sexist and he is going to take the CRA back 10 years.

I know most people in Camposol cant be bother with the CRA and other commitees and groups on Camposol and just want to get on with life . Its important for prospective buyers to know what going on ....

Fomer member revisiting r.

Like 1      
06 Jan 2016 12:05 AM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

where exactly do you get your information from?

How are you qualified to make such statements about the CRA, who many people respect and have a lot to thank them for eg help with sorting embargoes etc.

Yes, the pig farm is public knowledge, but the decision has not yet been made

Sweeping statements made with no knowledge are not helpful to anyone!

Like 0      
06 Jan 2016 7:45 AM by acer Star rating. 1528 posts Send private message

Aliton,

The lady Mayor of Mazarron has a reputation of being anti-foreigners - a bit of a Nigel Farage in trousers!

I'm pleased to hear that the Camposol Residents Association is standing up to her - do you really think we're better off kow towing to these racists? 

You seem quick to criticise, but not so fast with helpful ideas.

Like 1      

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Spanish Road Tax On New Cars - 7 posts
Need help and info about getting a spanish car and driving to southern spain - 0 posts
How do i renew a spanish passport? - 6 posts
Swimming Pool Rules - 7 posts
looking for long term rental - 9 posts
Hello all - 1 posts
For the love of helpless animals!!!!!! - 2 posts
Does anyone need their car driven to Spain from the UK? - 6 posts
terrazas de la torre - 1 posts
Lounge and bedroom furniture required - 1 posts
Estate Agent Recommendations Duquesa Area Please - 4 posts
Filmon in Spain - 9 posts
interest only Mortgage coming to an end - 6 posts
PALM TREE REMOVAL - 6 posts
NEW! Spain Supreme Court clear speaking on Banks liabilities - 7 posts
Minister Cruise Line Vacancies - 6 posts
Electric bills from landlord not correct - 10 posts
Yellow flame - 3 posts
Merry Christmas all! - 2 posts
Great news for La Torre Golf Resort - 4 posts
Spain statute of limitation criminal cases - 3 posts
Feliz Navidad para EOS members, staff and affiliated companies! - 0 posts
dentures - 0 posts
PET/HOUSE SITTING + - 0 posts
How can you tell.......... - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 52

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x