looking for long term rental

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
02 Jan 2016 10:53 AM by Hz Star rating in lincolnshire. 32 posts Send private message

Hi

can anyone give me any advice on where to look for long term rentals in the Alicante region or Malaga

have looked online but dont see too much, people say its best to go to towns and call in estate agents, as they only want to sell you properties, so dont advertise too much,  my only stipulation is I have 3 small dogs would be glad of any advice as some forums I have looked at are very old posts  thanks Helen

Like 0      
02 Jan 2016 11:52 AM by frills Star rating in Kingsteignton Devon. 9 posts Send private message

Hi Helen,can't really be much help,only to say that we are having the same problem,as you say,the estate agents only seem interested in sales.Everyone says that you should rent before you buy,but it's not easy to find a place to rent,especially if you have a particular place in mind,as we have.We are planning a three week holiday in May,prior to retiring shortly,and plan to look around.My thinking is,if you see a place for sale,possibly one that has been for sale for quite a while,it might be worth asking if they would consider renting it to you,after all it's money coming in,but of course the down side for them is that they then have a "sitting tenant".Any way,good luck with your search,regards,Chris

Like 0      
02 Jan 2016 11:57 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Did you look at ThinkSpain: http://es.thinkspain.com/inmobiliario/

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
03 Jan 2016 9:53 AM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

All the property I have seen for rent is on complexes and apartment blocks totally unsuitable for dogs maybe is better that you look inland in a Spanish urbanization, instead of coastal type resorts that tend to have holiday maker's l have a villa on Camposol it has 4,500 villas and very few dogs due to the fact that if your dog starts barking you will get reported to the police you are really going to find it difficult to find a property owner to let you a property as they will fear getting denounced by the surrounding neighborhood.

Like 1      
03 Jan 2016 10:32 AM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

It never ceases to amaze me how many people living in Spain or coming to live here have dogs!! and not only one, many have two or three!! Nothing wrong with that of course until they start leaving them unattended and locked up on outside terraces for 8 or 9 hours at a time.

I think owners now realise that if they try and exclude dogs they are seriously limiting their market for tenants.

Like 0      
03 Jan 2016 11:54 AM by Hz Star rating in lincolnshire. 32 posts Send private message

Don't worry won't be leaving my dachshunds alone we will be with them 24/7 as retired and 2 of them are quite elderly. But agree with what you say. Dogs should not be left unattended for hours on end 

Like 0      
03 Jan 2016 12:58 PM by Mickyfinn Star rating in Spain and France. 1833 posts Send private message

The banks still let their properties all over Spain on a 3 year lease.

http://www.solvia.es/resultadosOportunidades.asp?filtroTipoObraNueva=S&filtroTipoObraCurso=S&filtroTipoSegundaMano=S&mapa=N&web=R

Like 0      
04 Jan 2016 3:21 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
04 Jan 2016 4:19 PM by Hz Star rating in lincolnshire. 32 posts Send private message

04 Jan 2016 4:20 PM by Hz Star rating in lincolnshire. 32 posts Send private message

Thanks for all the helpful replies

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Hello all - 1 posts
For the love of helpless animals!!!!!! - 2 posts
Does anyone need their car driven to Spain from the UK? - 6 posts
terrazas de la torre - 1 posts
Lounge and bedroom furniture required - 1 posts
Estate Agent Recommendations Duquesa Area Please - 4 posts
Filmon in Spain - 9 posts
interest only Mortgage coming to an end - 6 posts
PALM TREE REMOVAL - 6 posts
NEW! Spain Supreme Court clear speaking on Banks liabilities - 7 posts
Minister Cruise Line Vacancies - 6 posts
Electric bills from landlord not correct - 10 posts
Yellow flame - 3 posts
Merry Christmas all! - 2 posts
Great news for La Torre Golf Resort - 4 posts
Spain statute of limitation criminal cases - 3 posts
Feliz Navidad para EOS members, staff and affiliated companies! - 0 posts
dentures - 0 posts
PET/HOUSE SITTING + - 0 posts
How can you tell.......... - 1 posts
Hello Guys - 0 posts
If you commit a driving offence abroad, whether civil or criminal, will the penalty follow you home? - 0 posts
Book "Hamster" - 0 posts
Gas Change Over From Ex REPSOL BUTANO - 10 posts
Drink Driving in Spain - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x