Filmon in Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
29 Dec 2015 9:24 PM by Tidge Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Hello,

Further to previous posts (& apologies if it's been asked previously) is there a way of avoiding the Spanish adverts when changing channel on the Filmon service via HDMI cable in Spain?

Thanks in anticipation.

Like 0      
29 Dec 2015 10:00 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

I think the FilmOn plugin for Kodi removes the adverts. Maybe worth trying that...

Read my blog: Spain Money Saving Tips and Offers 

Use TransferWise to send money abroad. A lot cheaper than the bank and other online currency exchanges!.

Like 0      
29 Dec 2015 10:29 PM by Tidge Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Thank you for your prompt response - can I ask, what is Kodi?

Perhaps I should confess we're seniors and not tech savvy!

Like 0      
30 Dec 2015 3:41 PM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

Kodi is a TV station that provides access to a massive range of free TV channels - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.xbmc.kodi&hl=en_GB    including Filmon (aka notFilmon). 

There is a download facility if you follow the link above, which I believe from which you can either connect to your TV via a laptop/PC using an HDMI cable, or directly onto the TV is you have a smart TV. 

You can also connect via an android without the need for need a VPN in Spain.  Otherwise I think you'll need a VPN, but not positive.

I've wondered how Kodi make their money, but possibly their just buying in market share before they start charging a subscription.  But it's very clever, easy to use and without any buffering.

Like 0      
30 Dec 2015 3:58 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Kodi is software, formally XMBC

Kodi supports most common audio, video, and image formats, playlists, audio visualizations, slideshows, weather forecasts reporting, and third-party plugins. It is network-capable (internet and home network shares). Unlike other media center applications such as windows media centre Media Portal and Myth TV, Kodi does not include its own internal digital TV-tuner code for Live TV or DVR/PVR recording functionality, as instead it acts as a unified DVR/PVR front-end with an EPG TV-Guide GUI interface which, via a common API interface, abstracts and supports multiple back-ends via PVR client add-ons from third parties, with those running either locally on the same machine or over the network

I hope thats clear now laugh

This message was last edited by Team GB on 30/12/2015.

Like 1      
30 Dec 2015 4:44 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

TeamGB is spot on

KODI allows you to download various apps for live TV, movies, sports etc such as Genesis, Phoenix, Ice films, sport devil to name a few

I do not think you can play I-player or ITV hub in Spain unless you hide your VPN

All the streaming apps may get buffering depending on quality and speed fo your internet / wifi

Plenty of help on line simply google set up KODI

Like 0      
31 Dec 2015 9:12 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Never had any problems with adverts on Filmon, is this a new thing?

Mark

Like 0      
01 Jan 2016 8:48 AM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

The comment makes sense to me.  The advert breaks are getting longer and longer, to the point that you need a recap when the programme re-starts.  I watched the whole of Series 1 of "The Good Wife" recently via Kodi and it was so much better without the interruptions.

Like 0      
02 Jan 2016 9:36 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

The advert breaks are getting longer and longer, to the point that you need a recap when the program re-starts.

I don't really watch Spanish TV now but some years ago when I was ill in bed I watched a film on Spanish TV. I timed one of the commercial breaks, it was 20 minutes.

Like 0      
02 Jan 2016 12:47 PM by Tidge Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Thank you to all who have taken the time and trouble to provide the info on this for us, much appreciated.   My NY resolution is clear, set up KODI and make it work  :)

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

interest only Mortgage coming to an end - 6 posts
PALM TREE REMOVAL - 6 posts
NEW! Spain Supreme Court clear speaking on Banks liabilities - 7 posts
Minister Cruise Line Vacancies - 6 posts
Electric bills from landlord not correct - 10 posts
Yellow flame - 3 posts
Merry Christmas all! - 2 posts
Great news for La Torre Golf Resort - 4 posts
Spain statute of limitation criminal cases - 3 posts
Feliz Navidad para EOS members, staff and affiliated companies! - 0 posts
dentures - 0 posts
PET/HOUSE SITTING + - 0 posts
How can you tell.......... - 1 posts
Hello Guys - 0 posts
If you commit a driving offence abroad, whether civil or criminal, will the penalty follow you home? - 0 posts
Book "Hamster" - 0 posts
Gas Change Over From Ex REPSOL BUTANO - 10 posts
Drink Driving in Spain - 6 posts
thinking of buying at Sierra Golf Balsicas ??? - 16 posts
Caught drink driving? - 66 posts
Legal to Drive or not? - 10 posts
Loan offer at 2% Interest rate - 0 posts
dog travelling security - 4 posts
Community with a tourist license - 4 posts
MOVISTAR TREATMENT OF CUSTOMERS - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x