Does anyone need their car driven to Spain from the UK?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
01 Jan 2016 6:59 PM by markytuck Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hello there, 

Bit of a random one but thought it would be worth an ask. 

My Partner and I are looking to take a trip to spain this year and also love a good road trip. We wanted to offer our services to drive your car from the UK down to your villa or aprtment in Spain. This would be a one way trip as we'll arrnage flights home. 

We have driven throughout europe on many occasions. Longest being from London to Zagreb which was a fantastic trip. I have personaly also done a charity road trip to venice which is also worth a go if you have the time. 

There would be no charge for this service except appropriate insurance and breakdown cover would need to be in place. 

Interested to hear anyones thoughts and more than happy to talk/ meet up with any inteested parties. 

We are available to drive most weeks this  year but will require at least a months notice to book time off work. We have other European breaks planned already so depends when you would require the car.  I have a full uk license with no convictions and about 8 years no claims. My partner has a full eu licence and is German hence why we love to travel in Europe. 

Any questions or interest just let  us know. 

Kind regards

Mark and Sarah. 

This message was last edited by markytuck on 01/01/2016.

Like 0      
02 Jan 2016 9:30 AM by hughjardon Star rating in Jaywick Sands. 418 posts Send private message

hughjardon´s avatar

Im very interested I will also leave the keys for my villa six months food and wine my personal chef you just have to pick the cat shit up of my lawn

Some people

Love Hughkiss

Like 3      
02 Jan 2016 12:21 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

You may scoff Hugh, but a colleague of mine has done this twice now for people and been allowed to stay at their place for a week as payment!!

Not sure it is something I would do, but then people are happy to send money to strangers they have never met on the internet, in the hope of the advertised property being there when they arrive!!

Mark

Like 1      
02 Jan 2016 5:30 PM by GuyT Star rating. 511 posts Send private message

In the seventies, as a teenager, I spent a November ferrying cars from Boston to Miami. Old, well-off Bostonians just wanted to fly to Miami to spend the winter & have their car there waiting for them. I had great fun driving expensive cars, three or four days drive down, motels, food & gas paid for, and plane ticket back to pick up the next car. For interest's sake I just googled "I'll drive your car to Miami" and got pages of results. Good luck, markytuck!

http://www.wheels.ca/news/drive-a-snowbirds-car-to-florida-and-get-paid/

Like 0      
02 Jan 2016 6:04 PM by Rossetti Star rating in Oxford and Zurich. 124 posts Send private message

I had my cars relocated from Nice to Sotogrande where we used them before getting them relocated back to our then home in Zurich. When I relocated to Oxford I had one relocated to Oxford. All worked out fine and saved me hours of mindless driving hours.

Rossetti

Like 0      
02 Jan 2016 8:00 PM by markytuck Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hello, 

Thank you for all your replies. It's not a new idea by the looks of it. GuyT you have given me the idea to look into companies that might offer this service already that require drivers. 

Appriciate the ideas and all the messages. I have already received a couple of private PM's that seem possotive so lets see how this goes. 

cheers

Mark and Sarah

Like 0      
03 Jan 2016 1:01 PM by tricia5 Star rating. 12 posts Send private message

What a great example of how forums like this can & should work! Great comeback to Mr Grumpy who dismissed this thread quite early on. I hope you do match up with somebody Mark.

Like 4      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

terrazas de la torre - 1 posts
Lounge and bedroom furniture required - 1 posts
Estate Agent Recommendations Duquesa Area Please - 4 posts
Filmon in Spain - 9 posts
interest only Mortgage coming to an end - 6 posts
PALM TREE REMOVAL - 6 posts
NEW! Spain Supreme Court clear speaking on Banks liabilities - 7 posts
Minister Cruise Line Vacancies - 6 posts
Electric bills from landlord not correct - 10 posts
Yellow flame - 3 posts
Merry Christmas all! - 2 posts
Great news for La Torre Golf Resort - 4 posts
Spain statute of limitation criminal cases - 3 posts
Feliz Navidad para EOS members, staff and affiliated companies! - 0 posts
dentures - 0 posts
PET/HOUSE SITTING + - 0 posts
How can you tell.......... - 1 posts
Hello Guys - 0 posts
If you commit a driving offence abroad, whether civil or criminal, will the penalty follow you home? - 0 posts
Book "Hamster" - 0 posts
Gas Change Over From Ex REPSOL BUTANO - 10 posts
Drink Driving in Spain - 6 posts
thinking of buying at Sierra Golf Balsicas ??? - 16 posts
Caught drink driving? - 66 posts
Legal to Drive or not? - 10 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x