Upturn in Spanish property sales?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | ... | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | ... | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 Oct 2016 5:00 PM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 805 posts Send private message

Windtalker, urbanisations are just not my thing. Anywhere in the world. 

Although have visited Camposol several times because have friends with properties there it always reminds me of a 1960's Butlins holiday camp without the  tannoy  announcements.

Like 0      
22 Oct 2016 5:38 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Floella l must agree with you the one and two bedroom so called Villas are a joke and not worthy of the name  and do resemble Butlins chalets their are far to many  built and  just   like the bad side of towns all around you avoid taking you visitor there ,but saying that, the large 3 bedroom 3 bathroom Villas with pools are very very nice .As you said urbanisations are not for everyone  although far better than the so called joking golf resorts   ,as far as myself and the wife are concerned it all boils down to convenient easy living that Camposol has to offer.

This message was last edited by windtalker on 22/10/2016.

Like 1      
23 Oct 2016 2:45 PM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

It seems to me that a high proportion of threads that meander off tread tend to end up talking about Camposol.

For me Camposol is very ordinary - no real difference to the numerous other British enclaves in Spain, other than it's possibly the largest, but there again it's divided into different parts with a main road going through the middle.  It's not everyone's cup of tea, but the properties are amazingly well priced and the community seems very friendly.

The Butlin's comment seems a bit harsh.  In my youth I went there with friends and was a blue coat for one season whilst a student.  In the 60's the Butlin's "chalets" were no more than the size of beach huts!  Many of the villas on Camposol are simply luxurious with fabulous pools and it is amazing they can be bought for not much over €100,000. My recollection of Butlins is rather different!

Given the economic situation currently in Europe many might see that as a safer investment rather than splash out treble that amount for a property perceived to be in a better location.

Like 0      
23 Oct 2016 3:43 PM by Destry Star rating in MYOB . 289 posts Send private message

There is an old saying in my neck of the woods that goes:-

'Half of three quarters of nothing is still b***** all'

The brits aren't forming buying queues whilst the pound is low, however if sellers have further reduced to cover this why not? However  its down once again to 'statistics, statistics and damned lies', if say 500 properties that were previously advertised at 50,000€ p/p sold for 45,000€ p/p in any one month, that would form a statistic, but not an indication that the Spanish property market was on the up.  

Like 0      
23 Oct 2016 3:45 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Acer have you ever set foot inside the 1/2 so called  villa's on Camposol they do resemble old Butlins chalets ,on the the other hand l do agree with you on the large Villa's with pools because l own one myself and as you said simply fantastic value for money for around the €150,000.

Like 0      
23 Oct 2016 6:48 PM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 805 posts Send private message

Actually boys my reference to Butlins had nothing to do  with the size or build quality of the properties but from watching the inhabitants of the Camposol urbanisation who, whilst waiting for the evening karaoke et al entertainment, appeared to spend their days drifting around different bars imbibing in some form of liquid refreshment  or visiting various tiendas. Hence the remark about tannoy announcements.....or rather lack of...

Like 0      
23 Oct 2016 7:01 PM by Destry Star rating in MYOB . 289 posts Send private message

Well having no experience of either Camposol or Butlins I shall defer to the forum experts, I must have led a sheltered life, thank god.

Like 0      
23 Oct 2016 7:24 PM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

There was nothing wrong with Butlins, at least as a teenager.  In a way it was the form of a the modern equivalent of an extended rave party for that era.

Destry if you've never tried Butlins/Camposol, do you really feel qualified to criticise them?

Windtaker - my knowledge is limited to a few actual inside visits and unsure what a 1/2 is.  One villa I've visited was just behind the smaller shopping area (sector A?).  Another, on the other side of the road, two hundred metres or so directly towards the golf course from the Consum roundabout.  Both lovely spacious properties, with pools that anyone would be proud to own and I suspect would only sell for €150,000 or so in the current market.

But of course than €150,000 is now almost worth £150,000, so not all bad for sellers.

Like 0      
23 Oct 2016 7:30 PM by Destry Star rating in MYOB . 289 posts Send private message

acer, where did I criticise them, do you have literacy difficulties?

This message was last edited by Destry on 23/10/2016.

Like 0      
23 Oct 2016 8:25 PM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

Destry, your criticism was implied by your comment.

Like 0      
23 Oct 2016 9:57 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

It does not matter how much you try and run down Camposol ,what ever street you drive down in Camposol  if you see a estate agent's board it will have a sold notice on it that speaks for itself.

Like 1      
24 Oct 2016 6:59 AM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

This is going off topic a bit - but for me it's "horses for courses".  Camposol won't suit everyone, but nor will anywhere else.  It's just a matter of choice and we are all entitled to our own opinion.

Floella you might find that not everyone was infatuated with your selection of location, but so long as you are happy with it, that's fine.

Like 3      
24 Oct 2016 8:33 AM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 805 posts Send private message

Totally agree, Acer.

Because I like where I live doesn't mean others will and is the reason, unlike residents of a certain " utopian" urb, am not constantly promoting it on every possible thread.  And now, presuming windtalker is correct in that every house for sale on this urb has a sold sign, maybe the Camposolians can finally give us all a break .

Like 0      
24 Oct 2016 9:11 AM by Woodbug Star rating. 371 posts Send private message

This subject is now soooo boring. Same names constamtly repeating themselves. It should be obvious with the absence of contributors that most are sick of this post and the usual"old school" who have a stubborn opinion on most things. Please pull this pointless post - is has gone on for far to long.

Like 0      
24 Oct 2016 9:57 AM by Destry Star rating in MYOB . 289 posts Send private message

acer,

No it wasn't, get yourself a life.

Like 0      
24 Oct 2016 12:11 PM by perrypower1 Star rating in Derbyshire/Fuerteven.... 647 posts Send private message

perrypower1´s avatar

This article strike me as honest and fair.  There is little doubt the the market is showing more stability but that increases in sales volume and prices is going to be a slow affair with set backs now and then.  

Current market is still favouring buyers over sellers but UK buyers have missed the boat in terms of exchange rates for the near term.  

Lifestyle is more key than any other attribute right now so the personal choice of location is just that and should not be scoffed at

http://www.spanishpropertyinsight.com/2016/10/21/q3-2016-property-market-report-survey-spain-including-brexit-effect/

Like 0      
25 Oct 2016 9:32 AM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

It is a good article PerryPower and IMHO reflects my experience in Murcia.  But there have been quite a few purchases by Brits recently, perhaps some were already in the pipeline before the currency change. 

The other event around here is a substantial number of purchases by the Dutch and an increase in Dutch tourists.  I've also learnt that their expectations on weekly rental tend to be considerably more than you might expect.  It seems to me that the word has gone round in Holland that some good money is to be earned from Murcia property in the rental business.

Like 0      
25 Oct 2016 10:01 AM by Destry Star rating in MYOB . 289 posts Send private message

Well unless sellers have dramatically reduced their sale prices for properties primarily aimed at the Brits, I can't see why they are buying again when the pound is so low, but then again there's nowt as queer as folk, conversally I can understand the Dutch picking up a bargain.

Like 0      
25 Oct 2016 9:35 PM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

A friend and neighbour has just agreed the sale of his property within a month of it being put on the market.  The sale figure is less than the purchase price he paid for the property 11 years ago, but he's still making a profit due to the exchange rate change.  He's not exactly jumping over the moon about the deal, but content that he should be able to plan his future with some certainty.

Around us there's been several other properties sold that have been hanging about for 3/4 years.  No doubt the cynics will remain negative - I have no allegiances and believe otherwise.

Like 0      
26 Oct 2016 9:11 AM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

I have been watching the progress of the thread but have been away on a break so have been avoiding making a contribution but it always amazes me how often people on here now seem to use personal insults to make s point

I have been on this forum a long time, have lived in Spain a long time and as I always make the point that I base my comments on REAL PRACTICAL experience of selling properties now, over a very wide area that includes literally from Javea to Mojocar in Almeria, including Camposol

First of all it isnlt just Brits who are buying., yes in certain areas there is a higher percentage of British buyers, but a very high percentage of people from Belgian, Holland and Scandanavia, especially for new build properties

Is it not common for people to sell properties very quickly, I view and list many properties, the most common sellers are people that have holiday homes for years and their families have grown up, they are downsizing or older people returning to the UK

The most common reason that people sell quickly is either because they cannot afford the property or have really bought badly, perhaps somebody has told them that they weill be able to fund from rental income

BREXIT HAS effected sales to the brits and also the prices, if a property has been on the market a while and the owners are exchanging to sterling they are getting more for the properties, I sold one yesterday with a reduction of €90k on a price of €294k

The property market does vary dramatically by area, in Orihuela Costa there are currently more than 50 new developments underway and for new apartments and villas often 1 year wait, buying off plan. In Almeria very few new builds and lots of bank stock still being sold

Also the mortgage market in Spain has openned up now, 1.9% fixed rate on a 15 year mortgage but what kills it is the 50% deposit you have to find and the buying costs

I am able to provide UK investments to expats with proven yields of over 9% on tennanted properties

Like 2      

Pages: Previous | ... | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | ... | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Disgusting Service from Dickmanns CS - 4 posts
Delpaso car hire - Malaga ..AVOID - 1 posts
Telefonica/Movistar - 1 posts
Hola! me nombre es Kane - British teacher needing advice on moving to Valencia - 5 posts
LOCAL RATES 2015 - PAYMENT ENFORCEMENT - 7 posts
How do you get in touch with moderators on this site - 5 posts
E-bike rental service - 1 posts
First time visiting El Saladillo near Mazarron - 4 posts
Hi,I'm,Fairygirl and I'm looking for a place to,rent for February and March next year in Gran Alacant, Alicante - 0 posts
Surcharges on debts - 3 posts
SPANISH EQUIVALENT OF RSPCA - 2 posts
Car and trailer query - 2 posts
Do we get the title dees? - 1 posts
Making a very simple will - 1 posts
Marbella rentals & occupancy - 4 posts
Gran Canaria. A new life? Dream or reality? - 4 posts
PRODUCTIVE PARTICIPATION IN THE ANDALUSIAN FORUM ON JUSTICE - 5 posts
Cancelling a life Insurance for mortgage protection after selling property - 5 posts
Looking for a four bed country house in Spain - 0 posts
flight charges - 11 posts
British nationals buy one in eight properties in Spain. - 0 posts
Notary costs in Spain - 2 posts
NOVEMBER 10- final deadline to claim on excessive IHT paid more than 4 years ago - 0 posts
Water Filter Home System - 0 posts
Who Remember Santa Maria Green Hills - MVG - latest update !!! Jose Ramon beats developer - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 270

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x