First time visiting El Saladillo near Mazarron

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 Oct 2015 3:34 PM by Becky19 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Help!

Can anyone give us some ideas of places to see and visit along with good places to eat ? We are a family of 8 with granny and teenagers we have transport and can't wait to explore we don't arrive till the last wee in October and I'm a little unsure of what things will still be open out of season . Any idea would be a great help !

Like 0      
10 Oct 2015 3:59 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Camposol is just down the road it's good for food and shoping and has all kind's of  entertainment for all age's .

Like 0      
10 Oct 2015 5:54 PM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 805 posts Send private message

Drove to Bolnuevo, Mazarron today.  . Never been there before but had tapas at Oasis de las Palmeras Bar/restaurant, which is located at the far end of Bolnuevo and is facing the beach . Even better it is next to an enormous FREE carparking area.

Magras con tomate was melt in the mouth. Cost € 9.30 for  4 tapas, coke and a coffee.  The restaurant menu was varied and IMO also reasonably priced. Understand they have evening entertainment. Venue about 15/ 20 mins from El Saladillo.

Temp today was 25c. Not bad for October 10th.

Good restaurants facing beach in Mazarron as well. Would expect most, if not all, of the eateries to be open.

Like 0      
10 Oct 2015 8:52 PM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

Floella, you must have driven past one of the best restaurants in Murcia is on the beach at Bolnuevo - called "La Siesta".  The steaks rate among the best anywhere and their seafood is fabulous, as is the setting.  But I agree the Oasis de la Palmeras is excellent for tapas and a drink or two.

Back to the OP - there's just one restaurant at El Saladillo, which is OK it's in the Spanish canteen style.  The village is quite small, just a church I think. 

There are several villages close by with bars and restaurants and as Windtaker says Camposol is a mile or so away, but personally I would head in the other direction, through Mazarron town and continue on down to Puerto de Mazarron where there are 100 plus restaurants of all types and styles along and close to the Marina.  They compete with each other so they are well priced a menu del dia is €10 or €11.

The place is always buzzing even out of season, the beach is great for kids and it's lovely to stroll along the promenade at night.  If you don't know where you're going it's easy to miss it as you have to park and walk the last 100 yards or so from the road.  But just park as soon as the road turns to the right and then head towards the sea and follow the crowd.  The most popular restaurant there is "Viggos" which is big, ask for "Viggos Restuarante" if you need directions.

In terms of places to go there are quite a few choices - the "Guns" (used in the Guns of Navaroone) not easy to find, but marvellous scenery on route.  Easier and probably of wider appeal is Sirerra Espuna - head along the motoeway  to Totana, then follow the signs to Aledo.  Aledo itself is an extraordinary village, but alongide is a converted monastery which is a hotel and restuarant which has a great terrace to eat and enjoy the tranquility.

Like 0      
10 Oct 2015 9:09 PM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 805 posts Send private message

Will look out for La Siesta next time I am in the area. Today was just a recce because had heard lots about it.

Agree the converted monestry on route to Aledo is excellent and Aledo itself is an interesting place to visit. Only noticed one rest/ bar in this village, But it did menu del dia. Interesting church and ancient tower in the narrow cobbled area.

Plus of course there is always magnificent Cartagena and inland Lorca..the castillo..... to visit...should the weather turn a trifle chilly.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Hi,I'm,Fairygirl and I'm looking for a place to,rent for February and March next year in Gran Alacant, Alicante - 0 posts
Surcharges on debts - 3 posts
SPANISH EQUIVALENT OF RSPCA - 2 posts
Car and trailer query - 2 posts
Do we get the title dees? - 1 posts
Making a very simple will - 1 posts
Marbella rentals & occupancy - 4 posts
Gran Canaria. A new life? Dream or reality? - 4 posts
PRODUCTIVE PARTICIPATION IN THE ANDALUSIAN FORUM ON JUSTICE - 5 posts
Cancelling a life Insurance for mortgage protection after selling property - 5 posts
Looking for a four bed country house in Spain - 0 posts
flight charges - 11 posts
British nationals buy one in eight properties in Spain. - 0 posts
Notary costs in Spain - 2 posts
NOVEMBER 10- final deadline to claim on excessive IHT paid more than 4 years ago - 0 posts
Water Filter Home System - 0 posts
Who Remember Santa Maria Green Hills - MVG - latest update !!! Jose Ramon beats developer - 0 posts
Buy upholstery foam iin south of spain Malaga - 2 posts
Limiting who can be in position of President - 18 posts
Unbelievable meeting - 10 posts
How dose this work. CAR REG - 4 posts
"Homes under the hammer" Spanish adventure CAMPOSOL - 40 posts
Do I, or my buy pay tax on the furniture sold separately when selling my appartment. - 11 posts
Inheritance Tax Laws - 22 posts
The ones that are being kicked out of their homes by banks are not Spanish - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x