BEACH RECOMMENDATION - CDS

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 Aug 2007 12:00 AM by Cioffi1 Star rating in London & Calahonda . 216 posts Send private message

Cioffi1´s avatar

I wonder which beach is the most popular with the CDS residents along the coast between Fuengirola - Marbella. I know Cabopino is nice and have been there a few times but which others are popular. Someone told us there is a nice beach at Costabella off the Rosario turn off? Despite going backwards and forwards from UK to Spain for the past few years we rarely have had time to sit on the beach!

We like a beach with a good beach bar and easy parking.

Sharon

Like 0      
16 Aug 2007 7:51 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Hola Sharon,

Elviria beachside is good but not towards Don Carlos (too many tourists) Perla Blanca is a great beach chiringuito with white sand - also Los Monteros a bit further down but it can get busy as well!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
16 Aug 2007 7:53 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Elviria is good - Perla Blanca chirniguito, Sharon but no nudists like Cabopino. Marbella centro have to say is excellent because of choice of bars restaurants etc but parking in August a nightmare - Palm Beach Los Monteros is good - great chringuito with good fish. To be honest they are all pretty good from marbella down to Calahonda and think variety is the spice of life - explore yourselves or have you had enough after the search for the apartment - say hi to Armando from me - oh and congratulations by the way.

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
16 Aug 2007 8:08 PM by Cioffi1 Star rating in London & Calahonda . 216 posts Send private message

Cioffi1´s avatar

Which turn off is Perla Blanca? - if you two like it, it must be good.

Patrick, have passed your message on to Armando - I think it registered, but he's still in a state of semi-coma after having to actually spend some money rather than just counting/looking at it!!!!! Good job I ordered and paid for the furniture quickly otherwise that would have given him another turn!

Like 0      
16 Aug 2007 10:23 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
Beaches on CDS? Pleeeeze! Far too many crocodiles around for my liking, not to mention the jelly fish and uninviting water. If it's beaches your after, try the Costa de la Luz, or Costa Blanca, or better still, Balearics! To be honest, I'm amazed the CDS ever got a reputation as a top beach destination.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
17 Aug 2007 12:20 AM by Cioffi1 Star rating in London & Calahonda . 216 posts Send private message

Cioffi1´s avatar
Roberto.............are you being cynical and grumpy again?

Like 0      
17 Aug 2007 5:39 AM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Good on you Roberto, you stick up for the COSTA BLANCA I agree.   I do not mind grumpy men used to it.   Pat

Like 0      
17 Aug 2007 2:45 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

Go back to Pooh Sticks Rob - think you should quote Eyore instead of Pooh Bear with your natural positive mindset my friend!!! And by the way I am a fresh water croc - not salt water!! CDS has some great beaches - maybe not at Torremolinos - which by the way was shrouded in cloud at 8 am this morning - whereas San Pedro beach was sunny and warm and the water lovely!! Agree Tarifa has the  best beaches but always so windy - CDS best all round climate.

Sharon if you turn off beachside at main Elviria turn from Calahonda past the small commercial centre on your right - turn right at the roundabout at the top and then (think) second left - Perla Blanca is signposted to the left anyway. Palm Beach Los Monteros is further to Marbella - go to Torre Real cambio and double back towards Malaga - roughly 500 to 700m further along there is a slip off to the right - turn off there and double back on yourself - at the end you will see sign for Urb Palm Beach Los Monteros in big gold letters - turn left there and the chiringuito is down the bottom of the hill - Armando cannot miss it - the next stop is the sea. Hope he has recovered from his daze and the fact that gravity seems to have taken his wallet!!

This message was last edited by Smiley on 8/17/2007.

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
17 Aug 2007 6:00 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
....and pray tell, what were you doing on Torremolinos beach at 8am this morning? You weren't "hanging out" on the stretch by the airport again, were you? Naughty naughty!

Mark Twain

Like 0      
17 Aug 2007 6:55 PM by Cioffi1 Star rating in London & Calahonda . 216 posts Send private message

Cioffi1´s avatar

Thanks Patrick - very informative as always - I have logged your directions in my "places to go book" It will be me driving not Armando - he's always the drinker and I'm always the driver!

Sharon

Like 0      
18 Aug 2007 6:41 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Funny you should say that Rob - but please let that be our secret!! I love the sound of the thrust of the engines as they tilt to take off!! And just looking at the fuselage makes my bumps goose!!

Like 0      
21 Aug 2007 3:54 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

.......better than bumping your goose, I suppose?

Where's Sr.Panzon these days? He used to get excited about fuselages too.

Mark Twain

Like 0      
21 Aug 2007 4:06 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Or goosing my bump ...... but thats for after dark not early hours of the morning ...... well not 8 am anyway!!

Like 0      
22 Aug 2007 2:00 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar
Go to Bolonia in Tarifa ! Awesome cheap, traditional and fresh food and just-catched fish.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
22 Aug 2007 2:01 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Not in CDS but in Costa de la Luz but worth trying!

M.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

POWER OF ATTORNEY - 12 posts
Ambasun - 23 posts
Help! How can i help pensioner with country house deed problem? - 0 posts
LOST THE THREAD - 2 posts
Auriga Crown - 53 posts
Ozzie - 0 posts
Exchange Chinese for free home-stay - 1 posts
Pool company warning!!! - 1 posts
Cookware shops - 7 posts
Almeria Airport - 2 posts
Arranging your Mortgage - 8 posts
mike/karalyn - 1 posts
Problems purchasing property in Spain - 2 posts
Bought on El Rocio fase 2 - 7 posts
Susie - need help having electric and gas nightmare. - 8 posts
Vicki Sheppard - 3 posts
2 beds Apartment Calanova grand golf Mijas (Costa del Sol) 190.000 Euros - 1 posts
Do you phone abroad? Don't waste cash; do it for free or for pennies! - 6 posts
El Pinar De-Bedar - 3 posts
Aroca solicitors - 3 posts
Food - 63 posts
Patio Furniture for sale - 9 posts
Long term rentals - 0 posts
beautiful cat - 0 posts
Bridge Holmes - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 15

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x