Aroca solicitors

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
15 Aug 2007 12:00 AM by remmus Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi, just wanted a bit of advise, we moved to Spain in 2005 and bought a house, but I got so homesick after 4 and a half months we put our house on the market, in September 2005 and came back home to the UK (I missed my daughters and grandchildren so much) We put our house on the market with resale espana (to do with atlas) who we bought it through. Our house was sold on August 8th 2006, we dropped our asking price, just to sell it. (lower that what we paid for it in the begining). Course Aroca solicitors were dealing with the sell, as we left them power of attorney. On top of what we sold it for they charged us capital gains tax, even though we dropped our price and made a lose out of this sale. We made NO profit what so ever. Anyway after phoning them emailing them and even faxing them, they are not interested. They say we have to wait several months to get any refund back from the tax office. It is now over a year. They do not respond to emails, phone calls I am just fobbed off. Has anyone please got any advise??? Thanks, Tina

Like 0      
15 Aug 2007 11:38 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Tina

That's both a sad story (that you couldn't settle) & a rough one (re the solicitors.)

You likely need another solicitors advice so why not post in here (click on the following blue link) Spanish lawyers & you could also contact Maria de Castro, a lawyer who advises this forum & others. She goes by the site name mariadecastro & if you search for a post she's made & click on her Send private message to mariadecastro I'm sure she'll advise further. Just click on Search forums above & scroll to

Member Search:

List all posts by a member.  Enter member user name to search:

Other than that I've posted Maria's details here for you. Good luck.

Maria L. de Castro

Lawyer

www.costaluzlawyers.es

This message was last edited by morerosado on 8/15/2007.

Like 0      
15 Aug 2007 3:13 PM by remmus Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi Morerosado,

Many thanks for your reply, it`s so nice to know that there are people like you out there willing to help and advise. I will do as you say. Many thanks again. Tina

Like 0      
15 Aug 2007 3:16 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Tina

I appreciate you thanking me, so many don't.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Food - 63 posts
Patio Furniture for sale - 9 posts
Long term rentals - 0 posts
beautiful cat - 0 posts
Bridge Holmes - 0 posts
hyundai accent - 0 posts
Grants for renovations - 2 posts
Many Thanks Em - 2 posts
Contracts, Lawyers and Compensation - 21 posts
JUSTIN, I NEED URGENT HELP - 41 posts
Looking for a long term let! - 1 posts
Please join me in wishing Tinasolera & her family a wonderful & happy life in Spain - 8 posts
Santa Maria Village, Elviria - 1 posts
Ayrshire Duo - 2 posts
ME! GIVE IN TO PEER PRESSURE? Er....yes - 13 posts
Looking for offers... - 0 posts
PROFILE NAME CHANGE - 3 posts
Low Cost business opportunity - 1 posts
car registation in spain - 0 posts
Marble floor polishing in Manilva / Estepona area - 1 posts
janet atkinson - 1 posts
Murcia Property Market? - 1 posts
Short term holiday rental contracts - 3 posts
Cadastral (Property detail) Map - 4 posts
New restaurant for Manilva? - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x