Auriga Crown

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 Aug 2007 12:00 AM by HarrynHelen Star rating in Hacienda Riquelme. 89 posts Send private message

Normally book my car through doyouspain.com and it seems that they now use Auriga Crown at Murcia.  The offices are situated off airport so you have to get the A-C transport to take you there.

Anyone had experience of how efficient this is??

In the past, I've just gone to the car hire desk in arrivals and done everything there - no hassle.

Like 0      
16 Aug 2007 1:40 PM by harley Star rating in West Midlands/ Costa.... 67 posts Send private message

harley´s avatar
Hello,
Auriga Crown are based off the airport site, this keeps the cost down ineitably they come to the top of the list.
We have used Carjet most of the time and always end up using them.
On the bright side we have had no problem with them, it's all about geting into the swing of things. When you come out of the
airport look across the road to the right and you will see 2 parking bays, thats were they park usually a white van with seats.
The staff are friendly and speak English.
They take you about 2 miles away just remember were this is as you bring the car back there. Just leave on the return journey
30 minutes extra as you may well be waiting for the bus. Cars are of good quality and they operate 4 days or less full full tank
Hope this helps, and enjoy

Harley

Like 0      
16 Aug 2007 2:03 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

We book through www.doyouspain.com & ask to be put with Auriga Crown. It's easy, people seem so unnerved by it all. We've never had problems. Bus parks outside terminal usually in area by little cafe kiosk on right. Often there's someone just inside with a notice & if you ask them they'll direct you to the minibus. Often we've arrived with other flights & all car hire desks are chocka with average of 10 mins per hire, it's lucky if you're out of the building within 30 mins to an hour.  We ALWAYS get a full/full tank of petrol arrangement, no matter how long our rental. When you check in at their office at Santiago de Ribera the person dealing with you tells you if you bring car back full they'll credit your credit card with full amount. Initially they charge you for a full tank. When you return with a full tank they credit your a/c there & then & give you the refund receipt from the machine. Also there is a hi vis vest & a triangle in the boot. Most companies ask for a 30€ deposit for these & you have to ask too. BTW doyouspain will tell you it's a full/empty fuel arrangement but it's not.  If you want to know their contact details of Auriga Crown, Murcia airport & where they are, here it is.

http://www.aurigacrowncarhire.com:8080/car_hire/oficinas.jsp

Like 0      
16 Aug 2007 4:19 PM by HarrynHelen Star rating in Hacienda Riquelme. 89 posts Send private message

Thanks for the responses.

AC are only 4€ cheaper than CarJet but I'll stay with them and report back after we've returned from completing on HRGR.

Good tip on the full/full situation.  I've always thought the full/empty was a bit of a rip-off considering the premium they put on the price on collection. 

Regards

Like 0      
16 Aug 2007 4:25 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

I used Auriga Crown at Alicante last trip, I asked about bringing the car back full at the checkin desk and was told it had to be empty.  Yet when I arrived back with car someone was checking if the car was full so I could have got a refund.

With any of the car brokers, CarJet and Doyouspain you can always request a quote for a particular car rental company, obviously the costs will be higher than the cheaper one originally given.

Like 0      
16 Aug 2007 7:56 PM by gillreg Star rating in Tynemouth/Almoradi C.... 17 posts Send private message

gillreg´s avatar

We've used Auriga lots of times flying into Murcia and it's no hassle at all. One little tip, if there's 2 of you, when you get to the Auriga office, one of you get the cases and the other go straight into the office to do the paperwork.

I did this last time(I made my Mother get the cases!!) I was first in and therefore first out and one guy in the queue smiled at me and said' you've done this before!'

Like 0      
24 Aug 2007 8:21 PM by tinto. Star rating in Scotland & Nr Estepo.... 243 posts Send private message

tinto.´s avatar
A friend arrived at Malaga yesterday went to collect car and had to queue for over two hours as Auriga Crown had ran out of cars. Surely this cannot be allowed to happen especially as the booking was made over 3 months ago.

Like 0      
24 Aug 2007 9:11 PM by bacardi Star rating in Bournemouth. 43 posts Send private message

We use AC all the time at Murcia, that is definately a good tip to follow and get 1 person to get the cases as you can be there for some time. We always book through Premier Car Jet ltd and also have no problem, print your voucher and hand it in. You get a good basic car manual for a good price, if you are driving an automatic car, be prepared to wait a while for a confirmation. (our friends done that)

Darren (Bacardi)

Like 0      
24 Aug 2007 9:32 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Darren

When you say you book with "Premier Car Jet ltd " what's their actual website, please, as I can't find it & I'm Google queen !  I assume you don't mean http://www.car-jet.co.uk/

This message was last edited by morerosado on 8/24/2007.

Like 0      
25 Aug 2007 10:52 AM by carolandrichard Star rating in West Yorkshire and P.... 93 posts Send private message

Try www.carjet.co.uk We use this company all the time, have had no problems whatsoever, and cars are fully insured (except wheels and glass that you have the option of purchasing at the airport). The price always comes out cheaper than trying one of the car hire companies direct.

Like 0      
25 Aug 2007 11:23 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Carol & Richard

I think Harry & Helen were concerned about being put with Auriga as it's not what they're used to.

Like 0      
25 Aug 2007 11:32 AM by carolandrichard Star rating in West Yorkshire and P.... 93 posts Send private message

Yes, I realise that. I posted the Carjet website as you were asking for it. Also known as Premier Carjet and was known as allcarhirespain.com last year but doesn't seem to be now.

Like 0      
25 Aug 2007 2:32 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

I've found on my recent car hires that doyouspain worked out cheaper than Carjet.  For any of these companies if you get a company that you've used before and weren't impressed with you can always email them back and ask to change to another.

I always used to use email car hire (record's cheaper online site) but found myself getting more and more disallusioned with them so went back to trawling around for the cheapest quote.

Ist doyouspain hire I was given Centauro and I can really recommend them, next I got Auriga Crown and they were ok except when I asked at desk for full/full I was told that it was full/empty.  When I returned to Alicante someone was checking fuel gauge so I may have been able to get a refund of fuel paid if I had filled it up.

Like 0      
25 Aug 2007 6:53 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Carol & Richard,

When I asked about the Premier carjet site I thought it was another site mentioned by Bacardi Darren, not the http://www.car-jet.co.uk/  site. Thanks for telling me they go under various guises.

We always check with http://www.car-jet.co.uk/ & www.doyousian.com but usually end up going with doyouspain but insisting on AurigaCrown. We've been happy enough with AurigaCrown. There's so much info discussed on other threads too.

Like 0      
26 Aug 2007 8:36 PM by bacardi Star rating in Bournemouth. 43 posts Send private message

www.premiercarjet.com is the website you will need, it may help if  i gave you the right email address, sorry all

Darren

Like 0      
26 Sep 2007 12:15 PM by y100 Star rating in london/los montesino.... 36 posts Send private message

hi I've just booked through doyou and have been given a car by auriga crown. I am going to Alicante airport, are they off site there as well? We arrive at 9pm and I dont want to be fussing around especially if we are delayed. I noticed on the official auriga site that the offices close at 11pm and I'm worried if we are delayed. I usually use Goldcar but I thought I would try doyou as everyone raves about it. I specified on the additional comments bit that I would prefer goldcar but it didn't happen.

Like 0      
26 Sep 2007 1:44 PM by saltay Star rating in Pinoso (Alicante) an.... 41 posts Send private message

saltay´s avatar
Hi there

If my memory serves me correctly, I think Auriga Crown are in the car park at Alicante along with everyone else. I've just come back via Murcia and also used Auriga through DoYouSpain for the first time. I have to say they were brilliant and a lot cheaper than Goldcar. We booked the very cheapest car and expected to get a Corsa or something similar for 104€ for 7 days and we got given a Mercedes A Class! We got a screw in the tyre half-way through our stay and had to go back because the A Class only has a space saver spare and I wasn't going to drive round for the rest of the week at 50mph so back to San Javier where we were given a whopping Seat Altea 1.9 Group H! And they were nice as pie about it. I'll definitely use them again. Hope you have better weather than we had. We had three days of solid rain out of six and two whopping thunderstorms!

BY the way the tyre insurance was an extra 20€ - well worth it for us!

Like 0      
26 Sep 2007 1:46 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi y100

I'm sure they are within the airport. look here, taken from AurigaCrown's website http://www.aurigacrowncarhire.com:8080/car_hire/oficinas.jsp

However, if you really want Goldcar just tell Do You Spain.  Details are at the bottom of your voucher.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

We would like to hear from you to find out what you like or don't like about our site, our company, or anything else that comes to mind. We value your opinion as it helps us improve our services. info@DoYouSpain.com

Please let us know if you require further information. In the meantime, many thanks again, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

My Kind Regards

Alex Mayer
Reservations Manager
www.DoYouSpain.com
info@DoYouSpain.com
+34 964 830 995

Like 0      
26 Sep 2007 3:52 PM by TheBantam Star rating. 107 posts Send private message

We booked a 1 month rental with Auriga Crown. at Malaga Airport. The booking was for a Fiat Punto 1200 and we got a brand new never been used previously Seat Leon 1.9. at Fiat Punto prices. When we went to extend the rental for a further two months we kept the Leon but continued to be charged the Punto price. We were most impressed.

Like 0      
26 Sep 2007 4:17 PM by Annie21 Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Annie21´s avatar
Last May we were diverted to Alicante from Murcia as we were delayed (Murcia airport shut at 11pm) & were due to pick up an Auriga car from Murcia. Landed at Alicante at around 1.30am - Auriga were open to meet the flight (as were all the other car hire co,s) & we picked up a nearly new car (can't remember the make, but were impressed with it) from the Auriga desk which was in the terminal building (downstairs from baggage collection from memory). No problem dropping it back off at Murcia airport on the return journey either.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Ozzie - 0 posts
Exchange Chinese for free home-stay - 1 posts
Pool company warning!!! - 1 posts
Cookware shops - 7 posts
Almeria Airport - 2 posts
Arranging your Mortgage - 8 posts
mike/karalyn - 1 posts
Problems purchasing property in Spain - 2 posts
Bought on El Rocio fase 2 - 7 posts
Susie - need help having electric and gas nightmare. - 8 posts
Vicki Sheppard - 3 posts
2 beds Apartment Calanova grand golf Mijas (Costa del Sol) 190.000 Euros - 1 posts
Do you phone abroad? Don't waste cash; do it for free or for pennies! - 6 posts
El Pinar De-Bedar - 3 posts
Aroca solicitors - 3 posts
Food - 63 posts
Patio Furniture for sale - 9 posts
Long term rentals - 0 posts
beautiful cat - 0 posts
Bridge Holmes - 0 posts
hyundai accent - 0 posts
Grants for renovations - 2 posts
Many Thanks Em - 2 posts
Contracts, Lawyers and Compensation - 21 posts
JUSTIN, I NEED URGENT HELP - 41 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 54

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x