Help! How can i help pensioner with country house deed problem?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 Aug 2007 12:00 AM by shaggi Star rating. 38 posts Send private message

Hi i have a friend in his 70´s that bought a country plot with permission to build a house on it.

The plans were approved by the town hall and everything was done above board.

However here the problem.

My friend was pursuaded by the estate agent (who also has the contract to build the house and sub contracted this to a builder) to use his cousin as solicitor. The solicitor has ´lost´the deed to the land so can my friend get a copy?

Secondly the builder has walked off site with work still to complete saying he has not been paid for six months despite my friend paying the estate agent all the stage payments except for the final payment. The agent got another set of builders in to finish off but they also left due to none payment.

Does the builders who are owed money have any claim on my friends house or property? or is his claim solely against the agent who has not done his end of the bargain?

My friend was given the keys by the agent and told just to move in (the house is already 15 months late) he has no paperwork to say there is a house on the land or that he owns it.The only paperwork he had the deeds of the land the solicitor lost!

He is obviously going out of his mind and receiving calls from local neighbours saying the agent has or is about to go bust and he does not know where to turn.The agent does not answer calls or reply to emails.

Can anyone suggest anything? My friend is trying to sort out an alternative solicitor but wants to know if he can do anything quickly to protect himself before it´s to late.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

LOST THE THREAD - 2 posts
Auriga Crown - 53 posts
Ozzie - 0 posts
Exchange Chinese for free home-stay - 1 posts
Pool company warning!!! - 1 posts
Cookware shops - 7 posts
Almeria Airport - 2 posts
Arranging your Mortgage - 8 posts
mike/karalyn - 1 posts
Problems purchasing property in Spain - 2 posts
Bought on El Rocio fase 2 - 7 posts
Susie - need help having electric and gas nightmare. - 8 posts
Vicki Sheppard - 3 posts
2 beds Apartment Calanova grand golf Mijas (Costa del Sol) 190.000 Euros - 1 posts
Do you phone abroad? Don't waste cash; do it for free or for pennies! - 6 posts
El Pinar De-Bedar - 3 posts
Aroca solicitors - 3 posts
Food - 63 posts
Patio Furniture for sale - 9 posts
Long term rentals - 0 posts
beautiful cat - 0 posts
Bridge Holmes - 0 posts
hyundai accent - 0 posts
Grants for renovations - 2 posts
Many Thanks Em - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 1

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x