Ambasun

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 Aug 2007 12:00 AM by vshy Star rating in Trying to buy in Alm.... 2 posts Send private message

Hi

Can anyone tell me why Ambasun are soooo much more expensive to buy through we have seen the same appartment through a different agent for 20,000.00 euros less

Sharon

Like 0      
16 Aug 2007 3:15 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Well,  with an off-plan new build they shouldn't be different for the same property, Sharon, as the prices for each property are set by the builder & if you go into the show home the prices for each property are often pinned up on the walls. Ours certainly was. Ask to see the prices for yourself.

(I know you sent me a PM.) If you can buy the same property from another agent for 20,000€ less I'd tell Ambasun you're not proceeding with the purchase through them, if all you've paid is the 3,000€ (is that all you've paid ?) They don't get their commission till you've paid 50% I have been led to believe. That'll make them more receptive to your mails. Be careful though as it seems as if the other agent may not have increased his price in line with latest prices, this happens a lot. Builders usually increase their prices as they introduce a new phase.

Like 0      
23 Jan 2008 12:02 PM by Deepdiver Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

I will tell you why Ambasun are so expensive - they add on at least 18% commission to the buying price.  I should know I used to work there.  My advice to you is not to touch them with a bargepole, they overcharge on property prices and have a really bad track record in the After Sales Department.

Like 0      
23 Jan 2008 12:24 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi Deep diver,

There used to be a massive thread on here regarding Ambasun,but it was deleted!!

You must be one of the many disgruntled ex employees............

Like 0      
23 Jan 2008 2:28 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi Sharon

If you see a property you like then research, reasearch and reasearch on google and you will be surprised at the different prices with different agents are for the same thing. What deep diver says id true, I was amazed when we were looking. Great fun!!!

Like 0      
23 Jan 2008 4:09 PM by pooley-santos Star rating in London UK/Huercal Ov.... 58 posts Send private message

The following is an extract from our website:

I have owned property in Spain since 1982 and am now a partner in a property development and building company in the Northern Almeria and Southern Murcia regions. I mention this as I feel it only right that I declare an interest before you read further! But back to these ‘Free Inspection Trips’; are you aware that the UK contact that organises the trip for you will be receiving anything up to 20% of the sale price of the property you purchase? Normally 10% but if a builder/developer is stuck with a ‘difficult’ property he will put a ‘spiv’ (incentive) on it and this can double the commission paid to the introducer of the purchaser! Then we come to that charming sales person that entertains you for three days, takes you out to breakfast, lunch and dinner, talks to you about how great life can be in Spain (absolutely true) and acts as your personal chauffer, well he gets, on average 5% commission, plus a car, fuel, mobile phone and expenses! Oh and of course don’t forget that 5% can double to 10% if there’s a ‘spiv’ on the property. Effectively on a 100,000 euro property the UK introducer could be getting 20,000 euros that charming salesman another 10,000 euros and then of course someone has to pay for the air fares, accommodation, meals, car, mobile phone, fuel uniform etc. oh and if you haven’t already guessed that will be you! Effectively you could be paying over 30% of the cost price of your dream property in commissions and even in ‘normal circumstances’ that will be in excess of 15%! Oh and out of the remaining monies the builders and the developer also expect to see a profit! 

Like 0      
23 Jan 2008 4:21 PM by jaybe23 Star rating in Lincolnshire/ Tierra.... 54 posts Send private message

jaybe23´s avatar
Interesting!  Or there any ex Parador employees to say how much they bang on to the purchase price please?

Like 0      
23 Jan 2008 4:25 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar
not an ex-parador employee(thank goodness) but there commision levels are the same about 18%....

Like 0      
23 Jan 2008 4:45 PM by pooley-santos Star rating in London UK/Huercal Ov.... 58 posts Send private message

I think you will find commission levels are about the same throughout - the UK introducer will take 10% - and then at the Spanish end commissions will be anything from 10% to 20%+!  We have exhibited at property shows in the UK and made no secret of this and as a result had our cars vandelised and threats (always annonymous) to harm us, our familys, our properties, our business, vandelise our sites etc etc etc! You may have guessed we are not to popular with some of the larger operators!

Like 0      
23 Jan 2008 6:12 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
So - go to the small agents who are open with thier charges and do a lot of hard friendly non-hard-selling work for it too!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
24 Jan 2008 10:58 AM by pooley-santos Star rating in London UK/Huercal Ov.... 58 posts Send private message

There is no substitute for dealing with a small privately or family owned agent; in the main you can be assured that they will be there next week and the week after and that they will be accountable.

Like 0      
06 Jul 2008 3:11 PM by sandibaby Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Please send me a PERSONAL reply.  I have bought? an apartment in Almodadi through Amba Sun and paid 3000 euros deposit.  I was told it would be roughly ready January 2010 so I paid a further 57.000 euros.  I have now had a phonecall saying it could be up to 5 YEARS! before it may be ready.  They have offered another apartment but to settle in one year which we cannot afford to do.  Please tell me where do we stand can we get our deposit back and start again?  They have been so arrogant to deal with and very condesending to myself as I do not understand all the properety stuff and my husband was not always available.  They want us to come back out again but as we have used up all our holidays this is too difficult.  Can you please help with some advice where to go next?  We have a spanish solicitor, N.I cards and spanish bank accounts with money in them.  They have not contacted us now for two weeks and I do not know what to do.  It is a lot of money for the builder to hold on to for 5 years and what guarntees do we have?
PLEASE HELP

Sandi

This message was last edited by sandibaby on 7/6/2008.

This message was last edited by sandibaby on 7/6/2008.

Like 0      
06 Jul 2008 3:23 PM by sandibaby Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Please cancel above as I did not check rules and have mentioned names etc. I will send another private email.

Sandibaby

Like 0      
07 Jul 2008 3:20 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar
Hi Sandibaby,
The first thing to do is check what date gives for completion on your contract and if there is any movement in it laid down by the builder for late completion,some give six months some a little longer.
When you have the date you will be able to find out whether you can cancel due to breach of contract.
You say you have a Spaish solicitor,may i ask if you are using PSI?
In the question of guarantee for your money,you should have had a bank guarantee by law from your solicitor very soon after paying your 57,000€

The only reason you cannot mention names on an open forum is in case they are used in a derogatory fashion and have libelous comments, Justin the site owner is open to litigation if this is the case.
You have not done so in any respect so do not worry.
If you need any further help feel free.
Regards
Georgia

Like 0      
07 Jul 2008 3:38 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Georgia.. hi..

As Justin has put in the
FORUM RULES  "All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents. We reserve the right to delete or edit any posts at any time." can he be held accountable still then ???

Like 0      
07 Jul 2008 3:57 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar
Hi More,
I think because Justin owns the medium,i.e the site on which any libelous comment could be posted he would still be held responsible in a court of law.
I may be wrong but i have a funny feeling this is how the law would see it.
Regards
Georgia

Like 0      
07 Jul 2008 6:38 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Then all the more reason for us to obey forum rules, eh ?

Justin really must organise it that new members click that they have read them & will obey them so if they don't he has the right to be miffed & slap wristies. 

He did say he was going to do it but he obviously forgot. (See my thread.. Regarding forum rules, can THIS be implemented, Justin ?)

Like 0      
08 Jul 2008 7:49 AM by shar Star rating in Campo in Albatera, C.... 36 posts Send private message

shar´s avatar
Hi Sandibaby

If you have a contract which stated your property should be ready and its going to be delayed over 3 months after that date you might have a case against the company to get all your money back and interest, 5 years with any of your money is outrageous... check your contract, your arguement may be with the builder and not the agent check on that too and get legal advice.

Good luck

Like 0      
08 Jul 2008 10:14 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Hi Sandibaby. 

I have asked Maria de Castro to pop into the thread to advise you. Maria ia a very well respected lawyer who helps our members on the forum. She always responds to my call  

Like 0      
08 Jul 2008 2:47 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar
Sandubaby:

Check completion deadline of the contract and Bank Guarantee. I have also sent to you a PM.
Best,

Maria ( answering to Morerosado call)

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Help! How can i help pensioner with country house deed problem? - 0 posts
LOST THE THREAD - 2 posts
Auriga Crown - 53 posts
Ozzie - 0 posts
Exchange Chinese for free home-stay - 1 posts
Pool company warning!!! - 1 posts
Cookware shops - 7 posts
Almeria Airport - 2 posts
Arranging your Mortgage - 8 posts
mike/karalyn - 1 posts
Problems purchasing property in Spain - 2 posts
Bought on El Rocio fase 2 - 7 posts
Susie - need help having electric and gas nightmare. - 8 posts
Vicki Sheppard - 3 posts
2 beds Apartment Calanova grand golf Mijas (Costa del Sol) 190.000 Euros - 1 posts
Do you phone abroad? Don't waste cash; do it for free or for pennies! - 6 posts
El Pinar De-Bedar - 3 posts
Aroca solicitors - 3 posts
Food - 63 posts
Patio Furniture for sale - 9 posts
Long term rentals - 0 posts
beautiful cat - 0 posts
Bridge Holmes - 0 posts
hyundai accent - 0 posts
Grants for renovations - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 24

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x