Energy Proficiency Certificate questions.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 Jul 2013 12:28 PM by Patrick Vine Star rating in Cox, Alicante. 42 posts Send private message

Recently I have had a number of people ask me if the Energy Proficiency certificate needs to be Visado.  The answer to this is no, it is not required by law any notary or land registry will verify this to you. Your solicitor should also advise you the same and if they tell you it is needed then you should ask them where it is stated in the Official State Bulletin (BOE) because it is not! A Visado, which is the little blue stamp or now the computerized stamp should appear on any official building plans to be submitted to the town hall for a planning permission license for building a property or extensions but is not required on the energy certificate. The person issuing the certificate must be a qualified architect or technical architect.

Another question being asked is if the person buying the property state they do not require the certificate, can it be wavered?
There is a exception to the rule, if the property is only going to be used for 4 months of the year them the certificate is not needed. This will have to be declared in the deeds & the new owners will be responsible for this declaration. The notary will warn you in Spanish that the risk of this being checked is quite real and that the fine if found to be untrue is between 600 & 1000€ (a energy certificate should not cost you more than 140€ for a apartment & 180€ for a town house or villa) the way that this is checked is buy looking at the utility bills etc.

The Energy certificate now has to be registered at the Registro de Certificación de Eficencia Energétic de Edificios. This is a process where the registered architect registers the certificate and will need a photocopy of your N.I.E. number and  your written consent to register the certificate. It can be done on line by the Architect but he will need to have his details registered with a digital signature. You can register your own certificate (http://gcee.aven.es/publico/documentacion.aspx?ob=ext&id=1) but it is a bit of a complicated process as you will have to register yourself as a client and it is all in Spanish. The architect may want to charge you for this service.
We offer this service included in the fee for all our clients wishing to obtain a certificate and free of charge for all our clients who have already obtained a certificate with us.

Like 0      
10 Jul 2013 12:31 PM by Patrick Vine Star rating in Cox, Alicante. 42 posts Send private message

More information you can visit www.expatsolutions.wordpress.com

Like 0      
12 Jul 2013 10:07 PM by Alan63 Star rating in Orihuela. 50 posts Send private message

Alan63´s avatar

I have got my energy certificate now Ive been told I will need an second habitaion licience because the first one is no longer valid, aparently I need to get a crchitect to make new plans for my flat and submit it to the Ayuntamiento. This sounds all a bit expensive and Im not realy sure if it is realy needed. 

Like 0      
13 Jul 2013 8:55 PM by gjohnint Star rating. 49 posts Send private message

EPC's. Another waste of time and money as they are in the UK. The UK government requires that all properties that are avaalble for rent of for sale must have them. They then encouraged a whole bunch of people to become trained in issuing them and they initially cost about £100 to get one. They ahve to be redone every 5 years. They now cost £30 and take about 5 miutes to produce.

If you have your eye on an old stone cottage, and the energy cert shows it is inefficient will you then turn away from your dream and buy a modern apartment - No!. They are a  waste of money and gain are representative of a european wide bunch of so called leaedrs that are totally out of touch with the people.

Time for a european dawn me thinks

Like 0      
13 Jul 2013 11:01 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

They ahve to be redone every 5 years. They now cost £30 and take about 5 miutes to produce.

Valid for 10 years in the UK, or that is what my certificate says that I had done in October last year. Was done in 1/2 hour with a surveyor using an app on her phone. Got it half price through the advertising agent (£50).

Mark

Like 0      
14 Jul 2013 9:16 AM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Alan 63 - The license of first occupation, or habitation certificate, is valid for 5 years.  If you sell your property after that you need an updated one.  However, if you have had no major works done to your property, it is simply an update from your town hall if your produce the original certificate.  Costs will vary but should be about €20 to €50 to get one but can't see why you need an architect to draw up new plans if nothing has changed.

Like 0      
16 Jul 2013 3:57 PM by nicky71 Star rating in Orihuela/Sussex. 37 posts Send private message

nicky71´s avatar

It seems that everything is a rip- off, Energy certificates, Solicitors, Driving licence, Notary, Land registry, but without it its impossable to purchase a house! soon they will be introducing serveys etc just like the u.k. at least the rates are cheep here.

Like 0      
16 Jul 2013 6:34 PM by Geoff y Pat Star rating in Torre Guil / Sutton .... 90 posts Send private message

I have just had my Energy Certicate through the post. (three copies). On the first page it says the level is G 63.5g. I think I read somewhere that Level/Grade G is the worst. Can anyone throw any light on this? There are five pages to the report and the last page says in Spanish "description of measures to improve the property" But it only says "Mejora de las instalaciónes" I understand Spanish but does anyone know what this really means. Our house is only four years old.

Thanks in anticipation

Geoff

This message was last edited by Geoff y Pat on 16/07/2013.

Like 0      
17 Jul 2013 9:41 AM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 688 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Hi Geoff - yes a G is the lowest rate and the comment simply means improve your installations.  Sounds like a very poor piece of work, as we have had certificates which were much more specific in terms of changing windows, fireplaces etc.

There are new properties being built which are achieving low grades and I really think that the government would have been much better insisting that all new builds had to be an A or B and forget the older properties.  That would be progress!

Like 0      
17 Jul 2013 2:15 PM by hosilverlining Star rating in Property owner in Gr.... 173 posts Send private message

Did I read somewhere that new properties completed after a certain date are exempt?  Can anyone remind me? and what is the date used, is it the date the PLO was issued or some other date?

Thanks

Like 0      
17 Jul 2013 7:29 PM by Geoff y Pat Star rating in Torre Guil / Sutton .... 90 posts Send private message

Hola Clare T, we already have double glazing and there are no fireplaces as it's only 4 years old. We do have central heating with 9 radiators and inverter type air con units. But this is probably all about insulation? If my house received a G then the other 250 will also receive a G.

Who knows???

Geoff

This message was last edited by Geoff y Pat on 17/07/2013.
This message was last edited by Geoff y Pat on 17/07/2013.

Like 0      
18 Dec 2013 9:24 AM by Realtors Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

** EDITED - Against forum rules **

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 12/20/2013 6:28:00 PM.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

What´s On................ - 0 posts
Paro - Please help!! - 1 posts
LONG TERM RENTAL REQUIRED-CAN YOU HELP? - 6 posts
RECOMMENDATION FOR SATELLITE TV INSTALLATION COMPANY CLOSE TO LOS ALCAZARES (MURCIA/COSTA BLANCA SOUTH) - 23 posts
Mobile broadband - 0 posts
Winter Fuel Allowance - 6 posts
Los Alcazares nearest football team - 7 posts
Comedy video - 1 posts
Well Summer is here and Corvera Airport is still not open....... - 3 posts
Is your Spanish really as good as you think? - 29 posts
Adifferent take on things????!!!! - 0 posts
Iberdrola - new disconnection policy? - 0 posts
Health Care in Spain for Brits. - 10 posts
Starter Motor - 0 posts
selling silver bullion in marbella - 0 posts
speed cameras - 7 posts
In Spain, do uninhabitable properties still have to pay the community charge? - 3 posts
Recommendations for places to stay in Northern Spain - 4 posts
where to buy beds Costa del Sol - 0 posts
price of survey of property that's under legal administration - 1 posts
energy certificate - 1 posts
Regency snooker La Nucia - 0 posts
YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID - 7 posts
AM I MISSING SOMETHING? - 2 posts
Gesa endesa number urgently required to call from uk - 8 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 12

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x