Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
03 Jul 2013 7:19 PM by coleen Star rating. 84 posts Send private message

HI all, 

Hoping someone can help with this one. 

The background as brief as I can make it is that we put down a large deposit in 2005 for an apartment, offplan. Due to the copletion being several years late (althugh eventually completed), we took the developers to court and won. They appealled twice and we won both times. However, the developers then became insolvent in 2000. 
We were very grateful that the solicitor/barrister managed to win our case all three times but now we wonder if we are being taken for a ride. The solicitor has said that he has been called to attend the various meetings and because this is all happenining in the Canaries and we are on a different island to where the case is, he has to fly the 25-minute journey over, but asks us for 500 - 1000€ each time. 
We've told him we can't keep on paying this and he has agreed that he won't go any ore and won't ask us for any more money. 

Now he is asking us to pay for a tecnico to value the apartment, and again wants a lot of money. I'm wondering a) is this really our responsibility to pay and b) how much should it be. 

I'd be grateful for any imput.

Like 0      
04 Jul 2013 10:59 AM by coleen Star rating. 84 posts Send private message

Perhaps I can re-word this as I'm fairly desperate for a reply!

With the construction company where we placed deposits on apartments off-plan  in liquidation, our solicitor has asked us to pay for a tecnico to value the apartments. We have already won our court case for the return of monies but it doesn't sound correct that we have to pay 1k for the tecnico to value the apartments. 

Surely, we are owned what we are owed. OK, we might well not get all or even any of it, and we realise that the eventual outcome is affected by how much the apartments are sold for (probably cheaply at auction), but don't know why it is up to us to pay for the valuation. 

Any thoughts please?

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

energy certificate - 1 posts
Regency snooker La Nucia - 0 posts
YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID - 7 posts
AM I MISSING SOMETHING? - 2 posts
Gesa endesa number urgently required to call from uk - 8 posts
Los Alcazares Furniture recommendation please - 13 posts
Mortgage Protection Insurance - 7 posts
Burglaries-is gassing a myth? - 14 posts
RECOVERED FUNDS TERCIA REAL - 0 posts
Pickie Eaters Dilemma - 13 posts
Calais to Andalusia - 8 posts
Just purchased in Los Alcazares, a couple of questions - 0 posts
Stopping people from voting by including special payment on community fees. - 2 posts
are verbal agreements legally binding in Spain - 0 posts
Retiring to Spain - or somewhere. - 11 posts
Killer Deposits Keep Rentals Empty - 20 posts
speed cameras on N332 - 0 posts
tenant from hell - 0 posts
Travel to Russia - 4 posts
SAN JAVIER JAZZ FESTIVAL - 0 posts
PERFECT PUT DOWNS - 5 posts
Oval Racing - something different for Saturday night - 0 posts
Dangerous dogs - 15 posts
Unwanted cold calls - 12 posts
What details needed for Tax Return non resident ! - 14 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x