¿Quien es hosilverlining?

Send hosilverlining a private message

Soy... una mujer

Vivo en... Property owner in Granada

hosilverlining's latest forum comments

28 May 2016 14:41:

If you buy it knowing that it is on rustic land, and want to spend the time and money to try to get it legalised, bear in mind that if it does all go wrong you can't claim that you bought it 'in good faith' not knowing that there was a problem.  We own an illegal property, which was bought in good faith, and it's no fun. 

Just don't. Find something that's legal.

Thread: Urbanisation turns out to be built on rustic land... buy or run ?

29 Apr 2016 21:00:

Very likely to be cheaper to go to Spain, especially if you can get a cheap flight.  The power of attorney will only be in Spanish, so you will need a translator with you (doesn't need to be a professional, anyone who can translate the document so that the notary is sure that you know what you are signing).  If your solicitor speaks decent English, he may go with you to the notary and translate for you, our lawyer in Marbella did this, we popped around the corner to a notary with him, it was all done in a few minutes.

The costs of signing in the UK add up, as stated by VAO, and will also include translation costs as you need to have a double column document with the PoA in Spanish with English translation in the second column. 

I hope this helps.


Thread: power of attorney

28 Apr 2016 19:15:

Hi Milly,

No there was no charge, make sure you specify that it is for Spain then you will get it in English, with a Spanish translation.

HMRC check your tax status, and if you have a tax record in the UK which indicates that you are paying tax through the normal channels (PAYE etc) they can certify that 'to the best of knowledge' you are resident in the UK for tax purposes.  I don't see how the British Embassy can do this type of check.

We still have to pay our bank every two years for non-residency checks, on alternate years they are satisfied with this document from HMRC.  I haven't had time to check it out fully, but think that the bank has to do their own checks every two years. 

Good luck.




Thread: Proof of uk residency required...bank says info required from British embassy?

28 Apr 2016 17:28:

You can apply online at HMRC for a certificate of tax residency in the UK which they provide with a spanish translation. Very straightforward and has done the job for us with our Spanish bank.




This message was last edited by hosilverlining on 28/04/2016.
Thread: Proof of uk residency required...bank says info required from British embassy?

09 Mar 2016 23:38:

Windtalker is partly right, you won't get anything from the developer if they have gone bust, but María is totally right - having won the case, you should be able to proceed against the bank who held your deposit to recover your money.

The question to ask your lawyer is whether they understand this and whether a case is being taken against the bank under Ley 57/68.  Not all lawyers are fully up to date with using the applicable law. Don't pay any money without being sure that the correct action is being taken on your case.  If in doubt, ask María as her firm have won a number of cases now.  It still takes time, but most of these cases are won if the lawyer knows what they are doing.  Most of the people I have had contact with have recovered more than enough with the legal interest to recoup their deposit and pay their legal fees. 

Good luck.

Thread: More fees for procurador


hosilverlining' blogs

hosilverlining's rentals

hosilverlining's properties for sale

Spain insurance services

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x