Recommendations for places to stay in Northern Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Jul 2013 7:53 AM by Rossetti Star rating in Oxford and Zurich. 124 posts Send private message

Having spent several months in Southern Spain and another 2 in Portugal on the Atlantic Coast and am now staying in England (my first trip to the UK) we now want to experience Northern Spain until October when we plan to return to living out the rest of my sabatical year in Southern Spain.

What I'm looking for is recommendations from forum members of where to be based in the green spain.

Rossetti

Like 0      
04 Jul 2013 8:23 AM by GuyT Star rating. 511 posts Send private message

Ourense is nicely placed to cover the Galician coast and northern Portugal. Salamanca, while not so green, is a fabulous town astride the old N630 (now parallel to A66 superhighway) with immediate access to Extremadura and parts north. Santiago would be crowded and expensive in the time you propose.

Like 0      
05 Jul 2013 2:08 PM by eos_ian Star rating in Valencia. 506 posts Send private message

eos_ian´s avatar

Rosseti

One of the best places to go is San Sebastian, one of the most fashionable cities in the north. Beautiful city with a Victorian elegance, spectacular beach known as the Concha and others that are even good for surfing, some of the best food you will find up north, great shopping and plenty of entertainment. Other cities : Salamanca, Burgos, Vigo, Oviedo in Asturias is also one of the most beautiful areas in Spain.

This message was last edited by eos_ian on 05/07/2013.

Ian :   EOS TEAM MEMBER 

www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/ianandspain.aspx

Like 0      
05 Jul 2013 7:25 PM by Rossetti Star rating in Oxford and Zurich. 124 posts Send private message

Thanks for the replies. We are going to try Oviedo as it was also recommended by some of my cycling buddies. If we fail to find suitable accomodation we will go to San Seb.

We are currently on our first visit ever to the UK splitting our time between London and Oxford and finding it a great place so green and Oxford is so bike friendly. Be back to Spain at the end of the Month and looking forward to exploring the North.

Rossetti

Like 0      
16 Jul 2013 10:49 AM by t4r Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hey!

Well having been in Galicia, I definitively recommend that part of Spain! Beautiful sea (although pretty cold)

Also Bilbao is a must, you can't go to the North without passing through Bilbao! 

Santander and San Sebastian would be my other two recommendations!!

Good luck!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

where to buy beds Costa del Sol - 0 posts
price of survey of property that's under legal administration - 1 posts
energy certificate - 1 posts
Regency snooker La Nucia - 0 posts
YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID - 7 posts
AM I MISSING SOMETHING? - 2 posts
Gesa endesa number urgently required to call from uk - 8 posts
Los Alcazares Furniture recommendation please - 13 posts
Mortgage Protection Insurance - 7 posts
Burglaries-is gassing a myth? - 14 posts
RECOVERED FUNDS TERCIA REAL - 0 posts
Pickie Eaters Dilemma - 13 posts
Calais to Andalusia - 8 posts
Just purchased in Los Alcazares, a couple of questions - 0 posts
Stopping people from voting by including special payment on community fees. - 2 posts
are verbal agreements legally binding in Spain - 0 posts
Retiring to Spain - or somewhere. - 11 posts
Killer Deposits Keep Rentals Empty - 20 posts
speed cameras on N332 - 0 posts
tenant from hell - 0 posts
Travel to Russia - 4 posts
SAN JAVIER JAZZ FESTIVAL - 0 posts
PERFECT PUT DOWNS - 5 posts
Oval Racing - something different for Saturday night - 0 posts
Dangerous dogs - 15 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x