Winter Fuel Allowance

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
07 Jul 2013 7:03 PM by 65 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

I get an email every week from Eye on Spain.

If you are interested and want to contribute to the topics that are mentioned in this email it is impossible (or is it) to click on Eye on Spain and it takes you to the questions/answers that are highlighted on the email. 

I am trying to add my name to the forum/petition to do with Jeremy Vine - why him? or have I missed something - and the petition for the winter fuel allowance.

So.... I have gone into eye on Spain - can't find it can I..... because the email we are sent are just a selection of topics. and Outlook appeared to have deleted my deleted emails.....  can you follow me.....

I'm not going to sit here for hours on end trying to find this link - I've been here half an hour now - so please please please can somegive me the link>  Many thanks.

Like 0      
07 Jul 2013 10:51 PM by davmunster Star rating in Carvajal\Belfast. 843 posts Send private message

davmunster´s avatar

Eye on Spain is a forum for geriatrics who may or may not own property in Spain. I don't think you need to be concerned about not being able to add your support to "The Campaign" for winter fuel allowance when it is 20C here and -5C in the UK = George isn't going to change his mind whether you find the link or not

David

Like 0      
08 Jul 2013 1:14 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Hi 65, I believe this is the link you asked about..
http://www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/writerinspain/10659/Telling-Jeremy-Vine-why-we-should-still-get-the-Winter-Fuel-Allowance-in-Spain.aspx
I use an iPad which will not complete a link so you must copy then paste the URL into your address bar.

Like 0      
08 Jul 2013 8:38 AM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Eye on Spain is a forum for geriatrics who may or may not own property in Spain. I don't think you need to be concerned about not being able to add your support to "The Campaign" for winter fuel allowance when it is 20C here and -5C in the UK = George isn't going to change his mind whether you find the link or not

But still better to have your say over the wrongs, then do nothing except moan that you cant change anything and just sit back and except it.

If you always think how you have always thought....then you will always be what you have always been.

Like 0      
08 Jul 2013 1:44 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

What about  rich pensioners who live mainly in the UK and overwinter in their holiday home in Spain.They are entitled to it, but don't need it.

The only way to be fair is to only give to those on very low incomes.I doubt if Mick Jagger and the Queen need it! Universal benefits wasn't a good idea, and obviously not very well thought out.

Baz1946, I assume you really meant "accept."

Like 0      
08 Jul 2013 1:51 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

What about rich pensioners who live mainly in the UK and overwinter in their holiday home in Spain.They are entitled to it, but don't need it.

The only way to be fair is to only give to those on very low incomes.I doubt if Mick Jagger and the Queen need it! Universal benefits wasn't a good idea, and obviously not very well thought out.

Baz1946, I assume you really meant "accept."

Thank you, yes i did, the lack of education shows up more often then not i am afraid.

Like 0      
08 Jul 2013 4:02 PM by xetog Star rating in Wiltshire/holiday ap.... 514 posts Send private message

Whilst I would agree that universal benefits are not a good idea I do wish that people wouldn't assume that pensioners that have 2 homes are rich. Some of us are in that position because of the economic climate. Having decided to remain in the UK (I know, mad fools!) we have lost most of our life savings on our Spanish home and have had to downsize here (UK)  just to stay afloat. I certainly don't expect anyone to feel sorry for us but I rather resent being categorised as rich. We are not sure what our longer terms plans will be, as the legalities of renting are off-putting to say the least. Perhaps letting someone live in our apartment rent free would be an option but am not too sure how to convince the authorities that we are not receiving rent!.

Back on topic........ we don't spend out winters in Spain either as it's really too cold for us!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Los Alcazares nearest football team - 7 posts
Comedy video - 1 posts
Well Summer is here and Corvera Airport is still not open....... - 3 posts
Is your Spanish really as good as you think? - 29 posts
Adifferent take on things????!!!! - 0 posts
Iberdrola - new disconnection policy? - 0 posts
Health Care in Spain for Brits. - 10 posts
Starter Motor - 0 posts
selling silver bullion in marbella - 0 posts
speed cameras - 7 posts
In Spain, do uninhabitable properties still have to pay the community charge? - 3 posts
Recommendations for places to stay in Northern Spain - 4 posts
where to buy beds Costa del Sol - 0 posts
price of survey of property that's under legal administration - 1 posts
energy certificate - 1 posts
Regency snooker La Nucia - 0 posts
YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID - 7 posts
AM I MISSING SOMETHING? - 2 posts
Gesa endesa number urgently required to call from uk - 8 posts
Los Alcazares Furniture recommendation please - 13 posts
Mortgage Protection Insurance - 7 posts
Burglaries-is gassing a myth? - 14 posts
RECOVERED FUNDS TERCIA REAL - 0 posts
Pickie Eaters Dilemma - 13 posts
Calais to Andalusia - 8 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x