ENDESA - ELECTRICTY DISCONNECTED

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 Jul 2012 4:27 PM by jackiepeepee Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi,  can anyone help -  my electriticy has been disconnected due to missing payment by d/d -   when I viewed the bills online it was a bill outstanding from last year all subsequent bills were paid on time,  I received no notification of disconnection and only came to light when I rented the apartment and when they arrived no electricity.  Anyway  I managed to pay the outstanding bill last week Friday 13th July by taking a copy of the bill into the post office and they scanned the bar code (fortunately my daughter was over there for a week and did this for me)..  Does anyone know what is the next procedure,  will the electricity come back on automatically.  I cannot contact anyone at Endesa on a the customer serv to let them know all bills paid . tel. no. 800 760 333 (not able to dial from UK).  In the past there was a chatroom facility on Endesa website whereby you could talk online but this facility is no longer available!  I am getting desperate since I have people arriving this Wednesday and hope the elec. is turned back on by then.   It is so frustrating since I am in the UK at the moment and it is impossible to speak on the phone with them.

many thanks

Jackie

Like 0      
16 Jul 2012 4:40 PM by nigel188 Star rating in Estepona. 656 posts Send private message

Hi There

I found this on the Forum for you. Hope it helps.

Try this number, we got through to pay a bill eventually (but not until we had been cut off!!). The lady was very helpful and spoke good English. She did say this office was in Barcelona, which is their main office.

0034 902 52 58 52

Good Luck

Nigel

Like 0      
16 Jul 2012 4:55 PM by jackiepeepee Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Nigel 188

the tel. no. is no longer in use, there is a recorded message giving out the "800" no. -  back to the drawing board -  thanks anyway for your assistance.

Like 0      
16 Jul 2012 4:57 PM by nigel188 Star rating in Estepona. 656 posts Send private message

Hi There again

I have found a website for you which explains what to do.

http://www.myelectricsinspain.com/spanish-disconected-electrics.html

Hope this helps further.

Nigel

Like 0      
29 Oct 2012 4:56 PM by Richardsonl Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hi

I hope you can help.  I have been having nothing but problems with my electricity from Endesa for years now.

I bought my house in Arboleas Almeria about 7 years ago and am still waiting for the title deeds but that’s another problem I don’t want to get into.  My main problem is the electricity.  We don’t live in the house and came to Spain in February as reasons unbeknown to us the electricity had been cut off.  We paid the bills up to date and were told it would be reconnected.  Our solicitor said she would set up a direct debit for us, which we know now she had not done.  We have a friend who is now living in the house and has been since the 5 October this year.  The electricity was on and for no reason was suddenly cut off last week.  I emailed our solicitor and asked why and she said due to lack of payment!!!  She went to Olula to sort this out and emailed us copies of the electricity bills, which total 235 Euros!!!!  How on earth can these be right?  There has been no one in the house since we paid our bills in February up until the 5 October – no one has ever lived in the house since we bought it.  The bills vary between 35 – 70 Euros per month.  Obviously they are in Spanish and I have tried translating them but cannot understand a lot of it. 

Firstly what is a standing monthly charge (bearing in mind the house is empty)?

I understand IVA probably means VAT but thought this was 16%, has this increased?

Obviously Endesa have made a mistake but will not switch it on until we pay the bill. But we don’t want to pay the bill in case we don’t get our money back.  What would you suggest we do?

Thank you so much for your advice.

Louise Richardson

Like 0      
29 Oct 2012 5:36 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar
Hi Louise

In Spain, like there was In the UK until a few years ago, there are standing charges for utilities, regardless of whether the property is occupied or not or whether there is any usage or not.

IVA is the equivalent of VAT which is currently paid at 21% (since 1st September 2012). Prior to that it was 18% & was at that level for quite a while.

Have you checked to make sure that the payment you made in February has been credited to your account?

Also, have you had someone check that your meter reading is correct & that you aren't being charged for electricity you haven't used?

You also need to bear in mind that in many cases, alternate bills are estimated.

I hope you manage to get it sorted out soon.

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
29 Oct 2012 6:03 PM by nigel188 Star rating in Estepona. 656 posts Send private message

Hi Louse

If you want some assistance,try this company.Maybe they can help but you will have to pay their standing charge.They were recommended by another Forum member.

http://www.myelectricsinspain.com/spanish-disconected-electrics.html

Good Luck

Regards

Nigel

Like 0      
29 Oct 2012 6:11 PM by lorraine56 Star rating in Granada Spain. 51 posts Send private message

Hi , What you need to do is get your friend to take the meter reading along with the most recent bill to the nearest Endessa office . They will then record the reading and adjust the bill accordingly and issue a refund if you are due one. I have done this several times for friends who live in the UK and the refund normally comes through within a month.

Like 0      
29 Oct 2012 7:21 PM by juansheetisplenty Star rating in Cartagena. 283 posts Send private message

juansheetisplenty´s avatar

I just checked our Iberdrola bill for when we are not there. We leave the fridge/freezer running and a few small bits. On average it comes in around 30 Euros a month for the standing charge, meter rental, IVA and a few units of electric. Same with water because that includes rubbish collection (basura) and taxes. Best to get set up on line to keep track of things. With Iberdrola its easy, but don't know about Endesa.

Juan

Like 0      
29 Oct 2012 7:50 PM by gaula Star rating in marbella and the u.k. 64 posts Send private message

pay the bill otherwise the endesa gestapo will come back and take the meter out and then the nightmare begins ............or at least doesnt end easy because then they want a new boletin and money and they dont turn up etc ect.

pay it then fight for a refund .

experience speaking here ..... 

Like 0      
29 Oct 2012 8:17 PM by GuyT Star rating. 511 posts Send private message

@Richardsonl

€235 for 8 months standing charges, IVA, perhaps  also including an estimate and other funny little charges....doesn't sound out of line. Does this include penalties for getting cut off? As someone said, do everything by standing order, particularly if you are going to an absent owner.

Like 0      
30 Oct 2012 9:48 AM by Richardsonl Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hi Everyone

I would like to thank everyone for their advice yesterday.  It has all been very helpful and its comforting to know that its not just us this is happening to.  We will pay the bill and ask our  friend to take a meter reading and go to the nearest Endesa office. The bills are probably just estimates and hopefully once everything is sorted we will be entitled to a refund.  We will also make sure - this time - a DD is set up to avoid all of this happening.  Its scary how things can differ so much from one country to another.  Of course if you dont speak much Spanish the language barrier can be a huge problem. 

Again thanks a lot to everyone.

Louise

Like 0      
30 Oct 2012 10:14 AM by hosilverlining Star rating in Property owner in Gr.... 173 posts Send private message

Hi Richardsonl

Your friend may need to pay the bill for you, it has happened to people on our development who don't live there - the bill has to be paid at the post office then the receipt taken into the Endesa office, they can then sort out reconnection.  Direct debit definitely the way to go.

We registered online with Endesa and we are notified by e-mail when we have a bill, and can print it off at home.  If it seems very high (bills are estimated one month, the meters are read the next, unless they can't get to the meters for any reason) we ask our key holder to read the meter and if necessary she will take the reading into Endesa office so they can change it on the system.

Hope this helps.

Like 0      
30 Oct 2012 2:20 PM by Kenny Ackers Star rating. 42 posts Send private message

Kenny Ackers´s avatar

Endesa.

Dread opening the bills from Endesa.

I have not been to Spain for 3 months bills are anything from 40 euro to 90 euro, whatever they like really

I turn everything off when I leave including the fridge,

That reminds me I need to put some more money into the bottomless pit . ( Spainsh bank account )

To pay - Community charge, golf course community charge, council to empty bins, electricity, water, house insurance, IBI based upon house value that has fallen by 130,000 euro and falling and still being cahrged at original purchase price. Non resident taxes, income tax etc etc,

Spain,

Stick it !

Like 0      
30 Oct 2012 7:23 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

We get our Endesa bills sent to the UK, can you not arrange this also? That way you can keep track. They usually arrive at least 1 week before payment is taken, so we can ensure enough money is in Spain.

Mark

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

WONDERFUL - 0 posts
Moving to Murcia region - 0 posts
Jet 2 NEMA to Murcia - 1 posts
banks - 0 posts
Mount tv in Spanish brick wall - 11 posts
finances - 0 posts
Advice Needed - 2 posts
Come and join us in Baza Granada - 0 posts
podiatrist/chiropodist needed (CB) - 2 posts
Building a business...?! - 5 posts
drink driving - 53 posts
beware "EXACT CHANGE" Bureaux in Malaga Airport - 1 posts
- 0 posts
- 0 posts
New - 4 posts
Best Internet Landline and Mobile Provider - 1 posts
SabadellCAM - 5 posts
The Politicians in a Panic - 24 posts
Indian Restaurant Mojacar Playa - 0 posts
Hello - 4 posts
using unsold apartment - 52 posts
LATEST AUSTERITY MEASURES. - 2 posts
civil residency -> gift tax -> and tax :) - 0 posts
What will I spend it on - 1 posts
Any bicycle hire shops near Algorfa? - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 15

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x