using unsold apartment

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 Jul 2012 8:21 AM by alysonwenham Star rating in blackpool, england. 83 posts Send private message

Hi

We have some unsold apartment in our block and the presidents has the keys.  Some people have come up with the idea that while we are still on builders' electricity supply we should furnish these apartments with our own excess items and rent them out.  We are moving to our own meters within the next few weeks and they are considering attaching a meter in the communities name to one of the apartments.  It has been let for a month over the summer to relatives of other owners in the building.

Some of us in the building are against this for the obvious reasons, is there any way that we can officially distance ourselves, so when if all goes wrong, as we know it will, we have no responsibility. 

If Maria gets to read this I would really appreciate a legal standpoint, also Patrick's (CDS) point of view as he is a voice of reason.

Many thanks

This message was last edited by alysonwenham on 15/07/2012.

Like 0      
13 Jul 2012 8:49 AM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

I can't believe this..................I have no legal standing but this has to be illegal!

Why has the president got keys to unsold apartments?

Can you have a meter in a private dwelling ( with no deeds ) installed in the Communities name? i would think not.

And who had the money from the letting?

I think you are right to distance yourself from this.........who actually owns the apartments, the builder ? Inform them.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
13 Jul 2012 10:57 AM by alysonwenham Star rating in blackpool, england. 83 posts Send private message

HI Karen

The builder gave the keys to the president in case something went wrong and he had to get into the apartments quickly as one of them did have a burst pipe a while ago and was leaking inot the apt below that had someone living in it.  The apts still belong to the developer/builder.  They want to put the money into the community bank account to make up for overspending that they made.

Like 0      
13 Jul 2012 12:07 PM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 689 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

... and I thought I had heard of all the scams here!  This is blatant fraud and probably a lot of other offences too.

Pity the poor tenant who is thrown out on the street when the builder arrives and finds his properties have squatters in them and calls the police!

If the community wants to do this then it can only be with the permission of the owner of the property, ie the builder.  It is really no different to someone leaving their keys with a neighbour and that neighbour then letting the property out without telling them. 

If the President won´t ask the permission of the builder then you and the other owners should tell him, even if only for the sake of the poor unsuspecting tenant.

Like 0      
13 Jul 2012 1:17 PM by GuyT Star rating. 511 posts Send private message

Idle curiosity. Is it possible that some of the existing owners have "issues" with the builder and are using this as an unorthodox yet apparently effective way of clawing back some cash?

Like 0      
13 Jul 2012 2:04 PM by billyboy1 Star rating. 36 posts Send private message

For me, its an asset that's sitting their being wasted. Innovative idea and could be for the benefit of the community.

As long as its covered insurance-wise and there is no damage done !!

Like 0      
13 Jul 2012 2:52 PM by alysonwenham Star rating in blackpool, england. 83 posts Send private message

Absolutely GuyT, we have had very expensive issues to sort out, but I don't think taht thisis the way to do it and really want to absolve myself.  We are currenlty suing the builder, and now people are suggesting this!!!

Like 0      
13 Jul 2012 2:59 PM by normansands Star rating in Kent. 1281 posts Send private message

Dear All,

with the bankers and politicians all being  legal and above board in their wrongdoing??????

The citizen needs a revolution to straighten things out, so is this the beginning of community action in that regard????

Sounds a bit like the wild-west but go for it without further corruption please, the world has seen enough.

Good luck

Norman

Like 0      
13 Jul 2012 3:03 PM by alysonwenham Star rating in blackpool, england. 83 posts Send private message

well no, its not covered insurance-wise because you can't insure something that you don't own.

alyson

Like 0      
13 Jul 2012 5:33 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Alyson 
              That maybe not be correct.

We can insure a car which is owned by the HP company,  I can also insure  a friend’s car, a house on mortgage is only very loosely owned by the mortgagee. A person who rents a  property can insure it etc.

Like 0      
13 Jul 2012 8:00 PM by alysonwenham Star rating in blackpool, england. 83 posts Send private message

** Edited - by accident, sorry! :-( **

This message was last edited by EOS Team on 13/07/2012.

Like 0      
13 Jul 2012 8:09 PM by GuyT Star rating. 511 posts Send private message

** Edited - Offensive to other member **

Like 0      
13 Jul 2012 10:36 PM by alysonwenham Star rating in blackpool, england. 83 posts Send private message

** Edited - Offensive to other member **

Like 0      
14 Jul 2012 12:59 AM by irenemontague Star rating in liverpool/carvajal . 794 posts Send private message

I would not recommend this what if everyone reads this post.

You will be giving them ideas there is enough wrong doings in the world.
Irene

Like 0      
14 Jul 2012 11:10 AM by normansands Star rating in Kent. 1281 posts Send private message

Is it not true that "wrong doings" are what brings about change!!!

and the world badly needs change from priviledge and the associated crimes that ensue

we need the revolution for "ordinary joe" ie the citizen to get a fair crack of the whip.

all this nonsense about reforming something that needs to be done away with is a distraction

Regards

Norman

Like 0      
14 Jul 2012 1:14 PM by irenemontague Star rating in liverpool/carvajal . 794 posts Send private message

Hi Norman

I do enjoy reading what you write on eye on Spain .
What can i say, i don't know how you write and say what you do and get away with it some time.
Thanks Irene

Like 0      
14 Jul 2012 1:24 PM by normansands Star rating in Kent. 1281 posts Send private message

Dear Irene,

doesn't the fact that the Queen (a totally insane term for a very ordinary human) was shaking hands with a mass murdering terrorist tell you something about the rewards for wrong doing????????

Regards

Norman

Like 0      
14 Jul 2012 1:55 PM by wend691 Star rating in Lincoln & Rojales (C.... 179 posts Send private message

Im going back to the purpose of this thread ..... Totally agree with Claire T who in response to the original thread said:

... This is blatant fraud and probably a lot of other offences too.

Im amazed that people think its okay to access a property that the person / people dont own and rent it out for personal gain or to 'get back' at the owner of the building. What a load of tosh.

Like 0      
14 Jul 2012 2:02 PM by normansands Star rating in Kent. 1281 posts Send private message

Well, if by TOSH you mean fiction then perhaps you should watch the Diamond "questioning" or better still ask Woodbug about truth and fiction?

Regards

Norman

Like 0      
14 Jul 2012 2:10 PM by wend691 Star rating in Lincoln & Rojales (C.... 179 posts Send private message

Norman, I dont see the point of your last comment, which has no connection to the original thread. The concern raised by the original poster related to people living in apartments in a block that he also resides in who have for all intents and purposes taken over an  empty apartment (which is owned by the builder) to let to relatives of other people in the building. There is no getting around the fact that this is an illegal action and has got absolutely nowt to do with the Queen any  or anything else

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

LATEST AUSTERITY MEASURES. - 2 posts
civil residency -> gift tax -> and tax :) - 0 posts
What will I spend it on - 1 posts
Any bicycle hire shops near Algorfa? - 1 posts
Bank witholding information - advice please - 4 posts
New airport bus service from Playa Flamenca to Alicante - 2 posts
Help needed - 1 posts
Shutter repairs in Torrevieja - 2 posts
Small Chest Freezer for Sale - 0 posts
A little late but, it looks like Spain is finally getting the message - 2 posts
What happens if landlady issues a denuncia for unpaid final rent?? - 11 posts
IVA Hike - 12 posts
Overland Pet transport reviews - 0 posts
Torresat and Teleast - 3 posts
Hello - 0 posts
Vodafone rip Off - 4 posts
Spain medicine charges. - 6 posts
Anyone else had this PM - 5 posts
- 0 posts
taxi needed-1 way only for 3 passengers + luggage 17th July 2012 10:40 alicante airport-dolores zip code 03150 - 2 posts
taxi needed for 3 passengers + luggage one way only from alicante airport to dolores zip code 03150 - 9 posts
costs of monthly medicines - 1 posts
Trendy Barbers - 0 posts
Villa Rental - 1 posts
Healthy in Spain - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 53

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x