beware "EXACT CHANGE" Bureaux in Malaga Airport

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
14 Jul 2012 3:55 PM by 212 Star rating in UK mainly and Estepo.... 2 posts Send private message

Just to advise you all that exchanging small sums of £s for €'s in Malaga Airport may cost a lot more than you think.

A Bureaux called "EXACT CHANGE" in the arrivals at Malaga advertise "We Guarantee better rate than in your destination airport" So you would assume that they give a good rate changing £s into €s.

On 30th June this year an unsuspecting young traveller went to the bureaux and asked to change £250.

The publicised ForeignEexchange rate was hovering around 1.25  and we expect to pay a small amount of commission/fee to change. However they gave .99!

In other words, changing up £250 provided €252.42

When telephoned to ask the reason for their 20% "transaction" charge, they have no answer, other than to tell me they "dont take commission"

i am sure all of you knew that, and everyone has advice as to where the best place is to exchange money. You now know where the worst place is!

Like 0      
14 Jul 2012 4:09 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

If you have described the circumstances correctly, I would suggest that the person who changed the money demand the 'complaints book'

Telling us will not reimburse the loser.

I had a similar experience with a money changer in Gibraltar when changing USA travellers cheques:  He reluctantly gave me back the cheques which I then changed at another place for the correct rate / charge.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

- 0 posts
- 0 posts
New - 4 posts
Best Internet Landline and Mobile Provider - 1 posts
SabadellCAM - 5 posts
The Politicians in a Panic - 24 posts
Indian Restaurant Mojacar Playa - 0 posts
Hello - 4 posts
using unsold apartment - 52 posts
LATEST AUSTERITY MEASURES. - 2 posts
civil residency -> gift tax -> and tax :) - 0 posts
What will I spend it on - 1 posts
Any bicycle hire shops near Algorfa? - 1 posts
Bank witholding information - advice please - 4 posts
New airport bus service from Playa Flamenca to Alicante - 2 posts
Help needed - 1 posts
Shutter repairs in Torrevieja - 2 posts
Small Chest Freezer for Sale - 0 posts
A little late but, it looks like Spain is finally getting the message - 2 posts
What happens if landlady issues a denuncia for unpaid final rent?? - 11 posts
IVA Hike - 12 posts
Overland Pet transport reviews - 0 posts
Torresat and Teleast - 3 posts
Hello - 0 posts
Vodafone rip Off - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x