civil residency -> gift tax -> and tax :)

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 Jul 2012 11:23 PM by evelyn01 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi everybody

I am new on here, I hope I will find good advise on here:)

need a little advise (nothin too specific, just some opinion / real practical stuff..)

I am in the middle of registering me car (registered in CZ) here in Gran Canaria, got almost everything finished - but the Traffico in Las Palmas requires one more thing - the DUA document.
I talked to a local gestoria and they gave me some advise, what companies can help me to obtain this document (as we arrived on Acciona ferrie 6 months ago). I had a luck with one company in Las Palmas and they are almost finished with it - though they require me to send them Padron. I went to local town hall in order to register on Padron, but before I get the certificate from them I must obtain a Civil RESIDENCIA in Police... In police they told me, I have to wait 2 weeks before I can apply... The transport company (for the DUA) will have to wait a week yet I presume. ANyway, after obtaining the padron certificate the DUA wont cost me anything (as the IGIC tax wont be aplicable as its my first year in here...

anyway - my question is:

after registration in police and obtaining Civil residencia -> I become a fiscal resident too I presume (it happens anyway if I spend here more than 183 days a year if im corect? ) -> and I want to know:

I do NOT work here, noir plan to work here...I do NOT have income here in any way (even no interest from having my saved money in CZ account as the only I gain is obligatory to pay €6 monthly to the bank for having that account - so I basicaly lose money there), as we are living from my saved earned money from another country from before... only income I could have might be in the future some money sent me by my family as a gift, but not sure now...

and I need to know - If I there is some money subject to tax in my case?? I read some stories about government bein sending threatening letters to non-residents and residents who registered on padron though havent made any tax declarations etc ->
and I would like to avoid anythin like that - I want to be here legally -> what should I do after one year of living from saved expenses / or money sent as a gift?
btw I read somewhere that anythin below €8 000/year is not subject to tax -> -> jsut in case I was curious - if family send you less than €6 000 a year - is there also any subject to tax?

SHould I simply file a tax declaration with 0 incomes? to be safe? or??

Any answer will be appriciated

thank you

Evelyn

This message was last edited by evelyn01 on 12/07/2012.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

What will I spend it on - 1 posts
Any bicycle hire shops near Algorfa? - 1 posts
Bank witholding information - advice please - 4 posts
New airport bus service from Playa Flamenca to Alicante - 2 posts
Help needed - 1 posts
Shutter repairs in Torrevieja - 2 posts
Small Chest Freezer for Sale - 0 posts
A little late but, it looks like Spain is finally getting the message - 2 posts
What happens if landlady issues a denuncia for unpaid final rent?? - 11 posts
IVA Hike - 12 posts
Overland Pet transport reviews - 0 posts
Torresat and Teleast - 3 posts
Hello - 0 posts
Vodafone rip Off - 4 posts
Spain medicine charges. - 6 posts
Anyone else had this PM - 5 posts
- 0 posts
taxi needed-1 way only for 3 passengers + luggage 17th July 2012 10:40 alicante airport-dolores zip code 03150 - 2 posts
taxi needed for 3 passengers + luggage one way only from alicante airport to dolores zip code 03150 - 9 posts
costs of monthly medicines - 1 posts
Trendy Barbers - 0 posts
Villa Rental - 1 posts
Healthy in Spain - 2 posts
Selling my property to my UK business partner - 4 posts
onee off payment for internet - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 1

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x