We want your happy stories ONLY

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | ... | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
20 May 2007 11:51 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Don't listen to KarenSun when she says "her kettle has just boiled", what she really means is "the cork just came out of the Liria bottle!"

KarenSun, you know I love you!!!!!

Rgds,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
21 May 2007 12:00 PM by algorfan Star rating in Hyde, Cheshire / La .... 38 posts Send private message

With so many stories floating around with not-so-good-news here is my two'penorth:-

Inspection trip (yeah I know...) with Parador March 2004 (they were excellent). Put deposit on apartment on La Finca, Algorfa. Paid deposit late May 2004 (got top exchange rate thanks to FX). Original completion date March 2005, flew out, stayed nearby, wife had miscarriage (Vega Baja Hospital staff were very, very good with us). Travelled via Bilbao ferry and drove through Spain in Nov 2005 (with pregnant again missus), signed, got keys, got wet (it rained for the whole week). Wife had our little boy in Feb 2006.

We've been back 6 times (7th trip planned for June 19th). and have absuloutely fallen in love with the CB. Our little one is now 15 months and it's great to be treated so well by locals, restaurant and shop staff (he has bright red hair so you can't miss him!). In fact, one day we will fly out and probably never return to the UK...

A big thumbs up for Algorfa and it's residents, the Vega Baja Hospital staff, and everyone we've ever met whilst in the Torrevieja, Guardamar area - it's not just about the place, but it's people. And you make a BIG difference. :-)

Richard

Like 0      
21 May 2007 5:31 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Hi Algorfan,

That was a bit of an adventure!

Very sad about losing your baby, but happy to hear all has turned out so well for you now!

It's nice to hear happy stories on buying in Spain, it puts the horror stories in the shade.

Thanks for sharing this with us all.

Rgds,

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
22 May 2007 9:05 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Richard, thanks for sharing such a positive story with us.   So glad to hear you're enjoying your Spain experience.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
23 May 2007 11:46 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

This is a "sort of happy Spain experience"..................

Just got in touch with work and told them I will be back next Wednesday..............this is after having 8 plus weeks off with my hip replacement, so normal return to work time after this type of op...................plus it will give all EOS members a breather from me during the day!

BUT my "Happy experience", was telling them............"by the way, I will be taking ann holiday from 20th June till 3rd July, to go to our place in the sun" - yes! Crikey, I will only have been back to work 2 and a bit weeks and that's part time anyway!!!!

That made me happy!!!!

Rgds,

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
23 May 2007 12:14 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Yes I bet you enjoyed that Sue. Glad you have recovered well a holiday will do you good.  But we do not really need a break from you .  Are you getting this beautiful weather at the moment.  I am just going shopping then I am about to sit in the garden shame no pool. Take care Pat

Like 0      
23 May 2007 1:20 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Hi Pat,

Yeds, weather here is glorious (sunny Surrey!)

I am sitting by the pool, but it's got fish in it...................I could join them, on the other hand............it's a bit mucky!!!!

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
23 May 2007 1:44 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

You had better not do that Sue they might think your bait.  I have my Martina Cole book all ready now The Close tried reading it in Spain, but everyone kept coming along chatting so I read one paragraph about 10times why are people more sociable in Spain then in England weather I suppose, better go I will get told off for rambling again.  Pat    

Like 0      
23 May 2007 2:11 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Is that Martina Coles new one?

I just read one of hers, about 2 sisters and their hubbies who were a bit like Reggie & Ronnie Cray, but I cant remember the name of it!!!

I think it was The Take?

We are not ""rambling" anyway, we are saying happy things about the weather and reading good books!

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
23 May 2007 2:41 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Yes that is the Take Sue.  I like her books have read them all the Close is the latest one.  She writes about all the places I knew when I worked in London and of course I come from the east end so I know Essex well.  But I love her books although I lent one to a Welsh couple in Spain and he could not believe I was reading them his wife like all the lovey dovey novels which is fine it's each to his own I say. So I have got to take all the other ones I have to Spain so he can read them I shall have a suitcase filled with books.  Well I thought I would just come in to get a drink it's a bit hot out their  I miss a pool.  But must not complain.   Pat

Like 0      
24 May 2007 7:55 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar
Had a really happy day yesterday. We went to Fortuna, which is a natural hot spring...and it is hot...water 36 degrees with lots of bubbles!!!  Had a really good lunch and swam and bubbled ( not me..the water!! ) and had a good happy day!!

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
24 May 2007 8:32 PM by san miguel Star rating. 288 posts Send private message

san miguel´s avatar

Hi Karesun

Our property is in Las Siete Casas is ready in July, and is not far from Fortuna. We have heard of the spa/hot spring. Is there only one spa, or a few, and which is the best?

STOP CYBER-BULLYING 

AND PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH

Like 0      
24 May 2007 9:37 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

Hola Brian and Lorraine!

I think there are 2 spas. One was done up last year and is nearer to the mountains. I am told that although the area around that one is more picturesque, the actual spa pool is not as good as the one we went to.......................will get the address from the leaflet and post it tomorrow for you.

It's well worth a visit and not expensive.

I had expected a sort of 'natural' pool but it looks more like a big swimming pool with bubbles!!!!

If you go...enjoy!!

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
29 May 2007 9:49 AM by ******** Star rating in UK & Murcia. 574 posts Send private message

Hi all, I've posted previously on another thread - think it was Mar Menor Chitty Chat, about the fabulous spa pool at Archena, just outside Murcia.  As Karensun says, I expected something different, but found modern pool full of hot mineral water with different spas to use and outdoor pool.  We were there for hours - recommend it as a day out for adults and children.

jane

Jane

Like 0      
07 Jun 2007 6:26 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

We seem to be a bit short on HAPPY stories both on this thread and the forum in general at the moment.

Well here's mine for today..........................just spent the afternoon toasting on Lo Pagan beach, swimming in the warm sea watching those planes take off from Murcia taking all those people away from here !! Now I'm going to do salad and real prawns for tea then sit and read for a while on my balcony overlooking the sea.

Now how perfect is that ?

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
08 Jun 2007 7:14 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

I don't usually venture into this thread - I enjoy being a cynical old git, but now you've even got me going! 

I'm just about to sign off for tonight and head out onto the terrace to fire up my BBQ. Got a lovely big juicy bit of entrecote steak (loads of dribbling fat!) and plenty of cold tinnies in the fridge. 'Er indoors is going to fry herself a nice piece of rosada - she doesn't do red meat. Got a jug of tinto de verano in the fridge for her. Add to that a nice fresh salad with caesar dressing, followed by some yoghurt ice cream, and we're all set for a perfect evening al fresco!

I wonder what the folks "back home" will be doing?!

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
08 Jun 2007 7:17 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

You do get around Roberto !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am off to the local for a quiz and lots of large measures of Tia Maria and coke ( diet of course!) and I've got my syrappy top on and when I go to bed I shall have the fan on ( no lurid comments from you lot!) because it will be hot...................................I never did this in England!!

Happy, happy, happy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and up yours Mr. Mcdonald !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
08 Jun 2007 11:21 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi Karensun,

Hoorah!!!! Happy thoughts are here again. (write the theme tune, sing the theme tune  ).  Have to say I am veeeery happy.

We are down the road in Santiago de Ribera (when we can get over for our hols, that is.) Lo pagan is a lovely beach and we love Pilar too.

Just counting down the weeks to the next hol. One day will be full time like you. Can't wait

I do understand the terrible times a lot of people are going through and don't want to sound smug, far from it, I do hope that all the others will be able to resolve their problem purchases and have a happy future to look forward to. All the best to you all. I have found so much good info and advice via this forum and hopefully it will get stronger and for more members to benefit from others experiences.

Like 0      
10 Jun 2007 7:55 PM by hudsey Star rating in Hexham, Northumberla.... 120 posts Send private message

hudsey´s avatar

HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY!  Our completion went without a hitch, not what I expected.  Snagging list completed and handed in, not much to shout about.

Arrived back in the UK about 6pm today.  Tanned, chilled and planning next visit.

Weather fantastic, food fantastic, lovely new neighbours, lots of new friends had a great, problem free time.

Im H.A.P.P.Y, xx

Like 0      
10 Jun 2007 8:01 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hi Hudsey congratulations. I know how you feel it's a great relief over at last now enjoy.  Regards Pat

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | ... | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Benahavis - 3rd attempt - 3 posts
wasting time - 1 posts
message boards - 11 posts
iznalloz - 16 posts
Deeds who do we put on them? - 14 posts
What's REALLY happening with the Spanish property market? - 4 posts
Is it just me ! - 8 posts
WINTER SNOWSPORTS IN ALMERIA - 2 posts
problems with neighbours - 6 posts
Withdrawal Symptoms - Calling all sufferers - 25 posts
New golf course - 0 posts
Off Plan??? - 29 posts
Intro - 9 posts
las vistas santa maria - 27 posts
Thank u Smiley - 2 posts
COTO REAL DUQUESA - 4 posts
Help - 9 posts
fitness trainer and beauty therapist - 2 posts
Community fees and AEA - 1 posts
residencial olivia hurchillo - 2 posts
Recommendations for transfering money - 20 posts
residential olivia hurchillo - 1 posts
Gordon Bennett sooner we get to Spain, the better. - 0 posts
INTEREALTY back in town - 3 posts
Wanted - Free standing Electric Cooker - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 361

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x