We want your happy stories ONLY

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 Feb 2007 9:38 AM by MANSOURS Star rating in Milton Keynes / Los .... 46 posts Send private message

MANSOURS´s avatar

We are sooooo happy and very excited too!  We are going over to Los Alcazares at Easter to look at furniture and then go back in May to get the keys to our new apartment!!!  We have been dealing with Euromarina and they have been great (so far!).  We spend every evening talking about our plans and checking out the forum - lots of great hints and tips from you all - thank you - I already feel we have some experts to refer to! It may be taking every last penny but I am sure this is the best thing we have ever done.

Kathleen

Like 0      
13 Feb 2007 3:10 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
JUstin - next you will be telling us they have given you ADSL - are you sure youre not lying - only a couple of years - that sounds like you are winding the rest of us up.

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
13 Feb 2007 3:22 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/17/2007.

Like 0      
13 Feb 2007 7:38 PM by lewjan62 Star rating in West Sussex / Casare.... 134 posts Send private message

lewjan62´s avatar

Knowing that we are going to spend an entire month in our apartment in April/May  keeps me smiling through the drudgery that is work!

Trying not to wish my life away as once we get on holiday it will soon be over, but at least I have the joy of planning the next visit. Oh the joy of owning your own property. Beats sitting in the travel agents any day.

Like 0      
13 Feb 2007 9:58 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi Janice

Thanks for the advice on the car hire. We did book through doyouspain which gives you the best deal at the minute. the first trip was Centauro but on the next one we just had that awful nearly missing flight experience which did put us off. didn't realise you could choose Gold. That's brilliant thank you.

Gina

Like 0      
13 Feb 2007 10:18 PM by san miguel Star rating. 288 posts Send private message

san miguel´s avatar

This message was last edited by san miguel on 3/19/2007.

STOP CYBER-BULLYING 

AND PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH

Like 0      
13 Feb 2007 10:28 PM by Laineechad Star rating in Manchester and Las F.... 43 posts Send private message

Laineechad´s avatar
We signed for our apartment last October, it is something that we have always dreamed about doing, owning our own place in Spain.  Everything is good, we have heard bad stories here and there, but I have got to say nothing bad has happened to us and we love going out to our own little place, it is something to look forward to, when we get fed up with work and the bad weather we just think about going to our 'other home' and it cheers us up no end :-)
As for car hire, we go with a company in Torrevieja, called Coys and they just give you approx 12 euros worth of petrol, so you arent paying for a full tank and you dont have to fill the car up when you have finished.

This message was last edited by Laineechad on 2/13/2007.

Like 0      
13 Feb 2007 10:51 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
13 Feb 2007 11:09 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi Janice,

What a good way to get everyone in touch and get to know things about different areas. I have a few photos of our place but can you tell me how to get them on. They are saved to my desk top will it work from there?

hanks gina

Like 0      
13 Feb 2007 11:41 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
14 Feb 2007 10:52 AM by Juan Pánzon Star rating in Marbella. 156 posts Send private message

Juan Pánzon´s avatar

EOS SAID: "Telefonica installed our phone line in the house on Saturday....it felt like all my birthdays had come at once.  Only been waiting a couple of years for a proper phone line! So I´m REALLY happy at the moment "

Yes Justin, Manilva grew to fast and catched telefonica with their pants down.... during the construction of Don Juan Beach Resort, we did not have any land lines and so we had to place an antenna and a box in the proyect which worked trough GSM..... ( mobile phone) the reply for telefonica was that they run out of lines in the area so they needed to set up a new "switch central" which apparently now is in "action! as you have telephone there.

To have Internet in the sales office, meant having a PCMCI card with a SIM mobile phone card...... but not anymore.

Congratulations and enjoy your conection now, If they can not give you ADSL  yet I recomend you one of those PCMCI with a SIMM as they are much cheaper than dial up and MUCH faster also.-... up to 784 kbps and you get "flat rate for 39 € / month.

Cheers,

Juan.

Like 0      
14 Feb 2007 10:58 AM by Gillespie Star rating in Costa Calida Area. 608 posts Send private message

Gillespie´s avatar
To the EOS Team, As an agent I like the idea of this section. It hasn´t really taken off yet but let´s hope we see some positive posts. I have a request though, could we see a section on Agents gripes about clients. I have loads and nowhere to post them!!!! I am in the process or writing a book about the industry entitled "Selling Spain By the Pound", it will be mainly humorous but informative too. Any agents out there that can contribute some incredible stories (obviously need to be true) I would like to hear from them.

Business advice and consultancy - Visit www.calidain2business.com

Calida in2 Business - Spanish Property Clearance.

www.spanishpropertyclearance.com

Like 0      
14 Feb 2007 4:40 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
14 Feb 2007 4:53 PM by Gillespie Star rating in Costa Calida Area. 608 posts Send private message

Gillespie´s avatar
JeansSis, sorry to hear that. I hope all was resolved in the end. Your post made me rummage through my in tray and look out my last client testimonial. I put them on my website to reasure prospective clients but I´m sure people think they are made-up. A client at the end of last year was so pleased that she sent me a 2kg lump of extra mature cheddar, I didn´t expect it as I happened to mention that I miss UK cheese during the tour. After a few weeks I had a letter from the Post office in my town asking if I would attend their office and remove the smelly festering parcel from my private mailbox. They couldn´t wait for me to leave the building when I showed them what it was. My wife wouldn´t even let me in the house. Sometimes even happy clients inadvetently give you greif!!

Business advice and consultancy - Visit www.calidain2business.com

Calida in2 Business - Spanish Property Clearance.

www.spanishpropertyclearance.com

Like 0      
14 Feb 2007 6:02 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

I am aitch ay pee pee why, I am aitch ay pee pee why, I know I am I'm sure I am, I am aitch ay pee pee why!

Anyway, my happy story is:

When we had our furniture pack deliverd by Arca in Torreveija, our lift was broken and the men carried most of our stuff up 3 flights of stairs so we could move in that night. They could easily have said goodbye, see you tomorrow, but they didn't.

We had already checked out of our hotel, been given the keys by Atlas, who left us all excited in our empty apartment with a moving in bag of goodies, including champagne and glasses.

But the nice men from Arca, made sure we had enough of the furniture pack that we could cook and sleep comfortably that night!

I cooked some concoction, as we didn't want to leave our new pad for a minute, and we washed it down with Atlas champagne!

As for bedtime, well that's private!........................

The Arca men came back to complete the delivery the following day when the lift was mended!

Now wasn't that a nice story?!

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
14 Feb 2007 6:07 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
15 Feb 2007 8:35 PM by lewjan62 Star rating in West Sussex / Casare.... 134 posts Send private message

lewjan62´s avatar

its a miracle. Jale (construction company) have arranged to come round and sort out a damp problem.

We have only had to wait a year!!!! 

Like 0      
15 Feb 2007 8:50 PM by Fliss Star rating in Coventry/Almoradi. 39 posts Send private message

Hi, I'm Fliss and I've only chatted on the Igfama board before, but I've been having a look at this one and I also would like to share a happy story about the Arca Men, (or the Chippendales, as my sister and I mistook them for!).  We also had our delivery on a day when the lift wasn't working, but the men carried everything, even the washing machine etc. up 3 flights of stairs, installed the lot, and were gone in about 1.1/2 hours.  We then had a furnished apartment which we were able to stay in for the rest of the week.  I can only praise Arca, as we arrived in Spain on the Monday lunchtime, ordered the furniture in the afternoon, and had it all installed the following day.  I am so pleased with my package and would recommend Arca to anyone.

Fliss

ps: not sure how to post location on here, but I'm in Coventry till May, then I retire to Almoradi, Costa Blanca.

Like 0      
15 Feb 2007 9:12 PM by lewjan62 Star rating in West Sussex / Casare.... 134 posts Send private message

lewjan62´s avatar

Hi  Fliss,

if you go to the top of the page and click on forum profile your details will come up including a box to enter your location. Once entered it will appear in your postings.

Like 0      
15 Feb 2007 9:22 PM by Fliss Star rating in Coventry/Almoradi. 39 posts Send private message

Thanks Jan

Fliss

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Benahavis - 3rd attempt - 3 posts
wasting time - 1 posts
message boards - 11 posts
iznalloz - 16 posts
Deeds who do we put on them? - 14 posts
What's REALLY happening with the Spanish property market? - 4 posts
Is it just me ! - 8 posts
WINTER SNOWSPORTS IN ALMERIA - 2 posts
problems with neighbours - 6 posts
Withdrawal Symptoms - Calling all sufferers - 25 posts
New golf course - 0 posts
Off Plan??? - 29 posts
Intro - 9 posts
las vistas santa maria - 27 posts
Thank u Smiley - 2 posts
COTO REAL DUQUESA - 4 posts
Help - 9 posts
fitness trainer and beauty therapist - 2 posts
Community fees and AEA - 1 posts
residencial olivia hurchillo - 2 posts
Recommendations for transfering money - 20 posts
residential olivia hurchillo - 1 posts
Gordon Bennett sooner we get to Spain, the better. - 0 posts
INTEREALTY back in town - 3 posts
Wanted - Free standing Electric Cooker - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 361

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x