Benahavis - 3rd attempt

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 Feb 2007 12:00 AM by september Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

There has been a spate of thefts from the solarium at La Luz of late. Clothes have disappeared from driers, and one person has had a table removed, while i have lost three folding chairs. Tried going to the Guardia Civil, but they are not interested in any one who is not fluent in Spanish, have to employ an interpreter, more expense. Be aware::: LINRIC

Like 0      
12 Feb 2007 12:00 AM by rfc Star rating in UK. 1 posts Send private message

We are considering buying an apartment in Benahavis. Has anyone any experience of the place? We favour the village (or close to)

ray

Like 0      
12 Feb 2007 4:34 PM by miket Star rating in La Mairena, Elviria. 371 posts Send private message

Hi RFC,

I looked at Benhavis has a possible place to live when my family and I visited the area over Christmas. The village itself is full of highly regarded restaurants though a touch on the pricey side! Without doubt the best place we found is just down the hill past the village centre. There is a very pleasant community feel about this area that opens out into a lovely valley with unspoilt areas to walk and explore without having to avoid traffic etc! I also understand there are a few new developments that are highly regarded including a golf resort on the approach road to the town that may be worth checking out.

Mike T

Like 0      
12 Feb 2007 5:56 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Benahavis is a beautiful pueblo but it has become very touristy unfortunately hence the town dreadful during the summer months as so much traffic - have heard the mayor might be a little curved (possible future licensing issues) so make sure that all planning procedures have been correctly followed for anything you consider buying. Road down to the coast road is treacherous at night and in heavy rain there are sometimes rock falls on to the road.

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
13 Feb 2007 2:19 PM by Rose1 Star rating in El Pilar, Estepona. 78 posts Send private message

Rose1´s avatar

Benahavis is beautiful but bear in mind that the roads in the village were not designed to accommodate the many Chelsea tractors which descend upon the place in the summer, and there is very little parking. I have some friends who lived in a gorgeous villa there but ended up selling after discovering that their daylight hours were limited because of where they were situated in the valley. Not a problem in the height of summer but something to consider if you are going to be using your property throughout the year. Something else to bear in mind is the nature of the terrain; our retired parents had some difficulty negotiating the charming but very steep streets!

I don't mean to sound negative at all - Benahavis still has a charming village at its heart and every time I go I can't help wondering what life must have been like not so long ago when it was accessible only by donkey!

Good luck with your search

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

wasting time - 1 posts
message boards - 11 posts
iznalloz - 16 posts
Deeds who do we put on them? - 14 posts
What's REALLY happening with the Spanish property market? - 4 posts
Is it just me ! - 8 posts
WINTER SNOWSPORTS IN ALMERIA - 2 posts
problems with neighbours - 6 posts
Withdrawal Symptoms - Calling all sufferers - 25 posts
New golf course - 0 posts
Off Plan??? - 29 posts
Intro - 9 posts
las vistas santa maria - 27 posts
Thank u Smiley - 2 posts
COTO REAL DUQUESA - 4 posts
Help - 9 posts
fitness trainer and beauty therapist - 2 posts
Community fees and AEA - 1 posts
residencial olivia hurchillo - 2 posts
Recommendations for transfering money - 20 posts
residential olivia hurchillo - 1 posts
Gordon Bennett sooner we get to Spain, the better. - 0 posts
INTEREALTY back in town - 3 posts
Wanted - Free standing Electric Cooker - 5 posts
Buying off plan through Medsea major problems - 17 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x