las vistas santa maria

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
09 Feb 2007 12:00 AM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar
Just joined and making sure I have things working okay.

Laury

Like 0      
09 Feb 2007 11:56 AM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar
Aha. A problem with my sig.

Laury

Like 0      
09 Feb 2007 12:06 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Hi Lauryc, welcome to the site....I just hope every new member doesn't start a test thread

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
09 Feb 2007 12:19 PM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar

Sorry.   would you like to delete it?

Do people not introduce themselves in a new thread either?

Laury

Like 0      
09 Feb 2007 12:31 PM by Darren Ward Star rating in Lytham St Annes & Ju.... 277 posts Send private message

Darren Ward´s avatar

Welcome to the Forum Lauryc.

Darren & Michelle

Darren & Michelle R17 - No.54

www.santaana-pm.com

Like 0      
09 Feb 2007 12:37 PM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar

Thank you for the welcome.

I still didn't get the graphic to work in the sig.   It doesn't work like normal PHP boards.

Laury

Like 0      
09 Feb 2007 1:03 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
What are you trying to do with the graphic in your sig?  Are you trying to insert a picture?

We have actually built this forum oursleves so it doesn't work like the usual php type forum.

Let me know what you're trying to do and we'll let you know what you need to do.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
09 Feb 2007 1:24 PM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar

Thanks Justin. It doesn't matter. I normally just stick a sparkly sig in my profiles.

It's fine as it is. I tried to embed an image using the [img] [/img] set up but they don't work.

I don't suppose you know a really cheap, english speaking architect in the southern Costa Blanca area, do you?

Laury

Like 0      
09 Feb 2007 5:39 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Hi Laury,

Welcome to Eye on Spain, you will enjoy this forum, we are all a nice bunch, no arguing, which is unusual for Forums!

You asked about an Architect for Southern Costa Blanca. I got this recommendation from another forum, my friends and I in Spain need one, but we have not had dealings with him yet.

But same company was recommended by various forum members, so give it a go.

Try Unique builders, Davis Sellwodd legal and a member of TIBA. Has an architect too .tel 667711733

They are based in Torreveija if that's close to you?

As for your signature, if you have it saved on your hard drive, just copy/paste it into your profile on here. that's all I did and my little cat has been running ever since!

Good luck!

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
10 Feb 2007 8:43 AM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar

Thanks Fibby,

Nice to meet you.

Torrevieja is about 25 minutes drive from the house. So not too far.

The buiders are British then? Would it be an architect/builder job or does  the architect work solo? Do you know?

We were also thinking of using  a Spanish architect who speaks english. It's a very Spanish area and I would prefer to keep in with the locals.

Laury

Like 0      
10 Feb 2007 2:55 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/17/2007.

Like 0      
10 Feb 2007 5:57 PM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar

Thanks for a lovely welcome Janice.

Guardamar would probably be our nearest beach. Are you close to the sea?

Laury

Like 0      
10 Feb 2007 6:21 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
10 Feb 2007 6:51 PM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar

Hi Janice.

We have driven miles and miles around the Costa Blanca looking at properties.

Covering the urbanisations at Campoamor and Villamartin out to rural properties  in Fortuna, Sax, Villena etc.

We wanted a bit of land as I am already a keen exotic gardener in the UK. We considered smaller properties originally because we thought about buying one to let and then reselling when we wanted to move out.

We ended up looking in the Dolores/Elche area because I already grow palms from seed and wanted to be able to do so more easily over there. We are planning on early retirement later in the year once the house is done and we sell in the UK.

A small nursery may be on the agenda.

Laury

Like 0      
10 Feb 2007 6:57 PM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar

We have also spent a lot of time at Santa Pola, La Marina Beach, some time at Guardamar and a couple of trips to Torrevieja.

There's a good chinese in Catral..

This message was last edited by Lauryc on 2/10/2007.

Laury

Like 0      
10 Feb 2007 7:03 PM by jillb Star rating in bury st edmunds/Loma.... 52 posts Send private message

jillb´s avatar

Hi Lauryc,

Wow! growing Palms from seed whats the secret, I am an avid gardener, and sow quite a few seeds, however never thought you could grow palms from seed, have propagated an agave and been sucessful, but if its not too top secret would be interested to know,,,,, 

Sorry if changed thread........

regards

Jill

Like 0      
10 Feb 2007 7:58 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
10 Feb 2007 8:07 PM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar

*snigger*

Some cool palms you have there.

All palms are different Gill. Depends on the species.

Washingtonias are very easy.

Laury

Like 0      
10 Feb 2007 9:01 PM by jillb Star rating in bury st edmunds/Loma.... 52 posts Send private message

jillb´s avatar

Hi Lauryc

Isnt Janice a whizz on her computer, loved her palms!!! i am such a novice with computers, as you can probably see, none of this fancy stuff like Janice, must ask her for some tips me thinks...

Are there any special conditions to be able to grow the washingtonia, have tried to grow seeds that i have bought in spain (other plants, not palms) but no joy!

Thanks

Jill

Like 0      
11 Feb 2007 9:06 AM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar

What have you failed with Jill?

Palms vary from type to type but Washys are fine with warmth and moisture and free draining medium.

Laury

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Thank u Smiley - 2 posts
COTO REAL DUQUESA - 4 posts
Help - 9 posts
fitness trainer and beauty therapist - 2 posts
Community fees and AEA - 1 posts
residencial olivia hurchillo - 2 posts
Recommendations for transfering money - 20 posts
residential olivia hurchillo - 1 posts
Gordon Bennett sooner we get to Spain, the better. - 0 posts
INTEREALTY back in town - 3 posts
Wanted - Free standing Electric Cooker - 5 posts
Buying off plan through Medsea major problems - 17 posts
Sky Digital box with remote and ITV card - 2 posts
HUSBAND FOR SALE - 5 posts
Hotels in Marbella - 8 posts
Site Security - 3 posts
AIR CONDITIONING - - 1 posts
Original Art Work for sale - 2 posts
How to give your Spanish Lawyer a kick up the @ - 21 posts
Buying at Alboaire Golf - 0 posts
Diesal Van Wanted - 0 posts
Long Term Rental - 1 posts
Classic VW Beetle, Bargain! - 0 posts
Cheap hols etc, offers on flights to the Costas - 0 posts
HODS. It's Official! - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 28

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x