We want your happy stories ONLY

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | ... | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | ... | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
01 Feb 2009 5:42 AM by cez6 Star rating. 10 posts Send private message

I've no story to tell about my experiences but my Aunt's experience, she's a goverment employee working in an office.. She had gone in Spain last year. She said she stayed in the resort of Ferienhaus Mallorca for 3 days and she really enjoyed it. I saw her pictures I really love the place..

Like 0      
10 Mar 2009 1:10 PM by mojito Star rating in Cupar Fife / San Jua.... 268 posts Send private message

Driving around the countryside in Almeria one day, we stopped at a truck-stop place.  There was a little woman serving, must have been 80 years old, and she went out back and collected some oranges and we had freshly squeezed orange juice with our rolls.  Fantastic!

Jo and Jim

Like 0      
27 Aug 2009 4:32 PM by Valentinaradu Star rating. 71 posts Send private message

...by far one of the best times of my life was taking a plane by myself, going to Costa del Sol, taking a walk on the beach in Puerto Banus, just enjoying being alone on the beach, taking a bath in the sea and realizing how amazing living there would be. Now after 2 years from that experience I know that Spain is where I want to spend my life and the best thing now is that this time I will be not be alone in that plane, I have somebody next to me that shares the same dream.

Like 0      
18 Sep 2009 9:06 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

We got our rates (IBI) bills for this year today. Our local council have revised the system of discounts for residents on the padrón, and until today we had no idea how much we'd be paying.

We're paying €70 LESS than last year!! I'm HAPPY.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
19 Sep 2009 12:20 AM by irenemontague Star rating in liverpool/carvajal . 794 posts Send private message

I had a great time in Spain the last 2 weeks and the best thing was when we had a few days in malaga.Our hotel in malaga was in a good location by the train station and when we arrived we had to go down a slide yes a slide to reception so funny very modern hotel and good food and service.We got to see and do a lot there as we went mid week next trip out the fast train to Madrid Irene 

Like 0      
30 Sep 2009 5:50 PM by lifeline Star rating in Murcia. 365 posts Send private message

lifeline´s avatar

We are so happy that we managed to change our UK car plates to Spanish plates.

With a little help from English friends and our limited Spanish language we collected all the right papers(and there are plenty) and went to the right offices, our experience was that everyone we met, wanted to assist us. 

Timing? We arrived here on 18th August and have completed it TODAY! We reckon that we have saved 600 euros.

Anyone who can do it if we can.

Daveil

Like 0      
30 Sep 2009 7:00 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

In most of our endeavours, the hardest part is the first step. Once we get started and have a go, we often surprise ourselves with just what we are capable of.

Well done!

I've just had a lovely Chinese meal - no tourist carp, good authentic Ningpo style cooking, at a little place we know where all the local Chinese eat.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
08 Oct 2009 11:51 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Every time we go over to Spain, it gets better and better. Had a fabulous time in August, not a bad day all the time we were there and 41c how can you fault that?? Met up with quite a few friends we have made through EOS and see them most visits. Love our home there. Can't wait to go back soon.

Like 0      
09 Oct 2009 4:41 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Nice to see you back Candyfloss!

I have to say, it really is the simple pleasures that really make this a great place to be.  I went for an hour long bike ride this morning along the seafront.  It was glorious, so peaceful and absolutely perfect weather.

And the best bit about it?  That wonderful hour was totally free...it just cost me some calories...but that's a good thing!

Justin

P.S Legs are very sore from the bike ride but I can't go on about that as this is a happy thread!

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
09 Oct 2009 5:28 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

Me too Candyfloss.........................love it here....better and better..............see you soon x

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
09 Oct 2009 5:45 PM by abbbb1 Star rating in Essex and Ciudad Que.... 306 posts Send private message

abbbb1´s avatar

This time I was quite sad to come home, but the good news is that we will be back in January!

We have lots of friends in England, but over the years we have also been lucky enough to find really good friends in Spain.

It's much nicer having your friends around and being able to sit outside in the sun to have your chin-wags!!  The lifestyle is so different - it's lovely going over there to re-charge the old batteries. 

Home
is where the heart is!

Like 0      
09 Oct 2009 6:07 PM by Chimps Star rating. 117 posts Send private message

Justin

This is the happy thread ?

Well it wasnt that happy and a great place to be for the poor souls that witnessed those legs on the cycle ride from what I have heard

Like 0      
10 Oct 2009 5:48 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Thanks Justin

Yes, you are right, it is lovely to take a walk out along the prom in the evenings over there and watch the sun go down over a few drinkies, wouldn't want to be arrested for being drunk in charge of a push bike though, so might give that a miss  . Is it time to ressurect the bucket or am I peaking too soon??

Abbbb1, know what you mean, it's great.

Karen, will see you very soon xxxxxxxx

Chimps, nice to see you posting.

This message was last edited by Candyfloss on 10/10/2009.

Like 0      
15 Oct 2009 11:19 PM by philevans Star rating in Axminster Devon & Sa.... 187 posts Send private message

philevans´s avatar

We just completed on an apartment in Sabinillas today.

Would like to say a big thank you to Maria and her team - especially Patricia - absolutly fantastic

and a big thank you to Mike at castle estates

we'll now be out for Christmas week, decorating, paying bills etc

Maybe this is the wrong thead!!!

Happy days

What you see is what you get 

Like 0      
16 Oct 2009 12:02 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Great stuff Phil.  Enjoy your new pad in the sun!

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
16 Oct 2009 12:05 AM by philevans Star rating in Axminster Devon & Sa.... 187 posts Send private message

philevans´s avatar

Cheers Justin

Maybe we can all meet up for a drink sometime

What you see is what you get 

Like 0      
16 Oct 2009 12:08 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

For sure.  Get in touch when you're over.

Justin

Like 0      
19 Oct 2010 1:59 PM by MrSteven Star rating. 20 posts Send private message

Me and my family went to spain to celebrate my 18th birthday  it's really a beautiful gift for my debut we had a party there and meet new friends. I really have the greatest birthdayparty ever.I LOVE SPAIN...............

Like 0      
30 Nov 2010 10:26 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Two years ago today we left the UK to start our new lives in Spain!

We've had many ups and downs, but we are still here, and we have no doubts we did the right thing....

other than....

we wished we had done so earlier!

Un saludo!

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
30 Nov 2010 11:31 PM by Sparky Star rating in Somerset and Vera. 127 posts Send private message

Congratulations Phil.  Just enjoy! 

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | ... | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | ... | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Benahavis - 3rd attempt - 3 posts
wasting time - 1 posts
message boards - 11 posts
iznalloz - 16 posts
Deeds who do we put on them? - 14 posts
What's REALLY happening with the Spanish property market? - 4 posts
Is it just me ! - 8 posts
WINTER SNOWSPORTS IN ALMERIA - 2 posts
problems with neighbours - 6 posts
Withdrawal Symptoms - Calling all sufferers - 25 posts
New golf course - 0 posts
Off Plan??? - 29 posts
Intro - 9 posts
las vistas santa maria - 27 posts
Thank u Smiley - 2 posts
COTO REAL DUQUESA - 4 posts
Help - 9 posts
fitness trainer and beauty therapist - 2 posts
Community fees and AEA - 1 posts
residencial olivia hurchillo - 2 posts
Recommendations for transfering money - 20 posts
residential olivia hurchillo - 1 posts
Gordon Bennett sooner we get to Spain, the better. - 0 posts
INTEREALTY back in town - 3 posts
Wanted - Free standing Electric Cooker - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 361

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x