We want your happy stories ONLY

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | ... | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | ... | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
28 Nov 2007 4:41 PM by AuntieEm Star rating in Scarborough. 287 posts Send private message

AuntieEm´s avatar

I am in More's "party of eight" so i am going to put on my dancing trousers and boogie on down  - Watch out Costa Blanca here we come!

About that bed and breakfast Georgia - that sounds like a good deal to me ... should i bring my American Express?

Like 0      
28 Nov 2007 5:06 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

that will do nicely madam.......

(Em will email you tommorow xx)

Like 0      
28 Nov 2007 5:15 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Em, I'm on messenger for 30mins or so then I'll be cooking so log on & chat, I need to tell you something.

Like 0      
09 Dec 2007 10:33 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

Not many happy stories recently.

I have had a lovely happy day today, my birthday.

I spent the morning Irish Road bowling and then went to Christopher's at Mar Azul for a birthday lunch....................first class food, first class service and first class company. Then we had a drink sitting at a bar on the beach in lovely hot sunshine.

Happy.................you bet !!

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
15 Dec 2007 8:58 PM by san miguel Star rating. 288 posts Send private message

san miguel´s avatar

This message was last edited by san miguel on 2/4/2008.

STOP CYBER-BULLYING 

AND PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH

Like 0      
15 Dec 2007 11:30 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Glad you enjoyed your break San Miguel, our turn next Saturday for a 23 day break......................can't wait!

Looking forward to Xmas lunch in the sun, ice cold wine to wash it down!

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
16 Dec 2007 1:17 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I can add a happy in this thread now as we finally got our apartment . Going out to it on Thursday (20th) to finish stocking it up with goodies, then relax while cooking the Christmas dinner (might need to take our own brussel sprouts though!!).

Mark

Like 0      
16 Dec 2007 4:42 PM by san miguel Star rating. 288 posts Send private message

san miguel´s avatar

This message was last edited by san miguel on 2/4/2008.

STOP CYBER-BULLYING 

AND PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH

Like 0      
16 Dec 2007 4:49 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hi folks we have just come back after two and a half months in Spain had a great time weather lovely just a couple of days of rain but not as cold as coming back here.   We met Glyn the lawyer and actually got our wills done.      Congratulations Mark have a great Xmas   you can buy brussels  in Spain their was a few places we saw them.   So glad we bought in Spain.  Take care everyone regards Pat

Like 0      
16 Dec 2007 4:53 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

San Miguel  !!

200 posts!!

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
16 Dec 2007 5:15 PM by AuntieEm Star rating in Scarborough. 287 posts Send private message

AuntieEm´s avatar

Well done, San Miguel on your 200th Post!   I was wondering what had happened to you as we hadnt heard from you in a while.  Glad everything is going well for you in Spain.  The "happy" stories are reassuring for us newbies who are still looking for the right place in Spain!

And Welcome Back to Pat and Roy too .... hope the difference in temperature here in Blighty doesnt detract from the jolly Christmas celebrations

Merry Christmas to everyone!

Like 0      
16 Dec 2007 8:36 PM by harley Star rating in West Midlands/ Costa.... 67 posts Send private message

harley´s avatar
Wellcome back to the cold damp weather Pat and Roy. Enjoyed  our little get  together in November, it seems ages ago.
Marksfish, please to hear you have now completed, its been a bit stressfull for you, and us.

Harley

Like 0      
16 Dec 2007 10:03 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Yeah! 200 posts, well done San Miguel!

Welcome back to blighty Pat & Roy, didn't you bring some sunshine with you?!

Auntie Em, you will get there in the end................. time & patience waits for no man, at least I think that's the saying?!

Not sure what it means either, durrrrrrrrrr!

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
16 Dec 2007 10:41 PM by AuntieEm Star rating in Scarborough. 287 posts Send private message

AuntieEm´s avatar

Thanks Fibby

with a hubby like mine you have to have patience!  He changes his mind like the weather ... dont know how Georgia puts up with us  ... he is desperately trying to find us a suitable house and we keep moving the goalposts! We are every agent's nightmare!  But im sure he will be all the more satisfied when we do eventually find the "right" place.

Like 0      
16 Dec 2007 11:32 PM by dringman Star rating in www.Condadoexcursion.... 772 posts Send private message

dringman´s avatar
http://www.polarisworldart.com/alhama.html

Over 2 years since we started with this project so good to see the development being built

Jardines de Alhama on Polaris World  in Murcia , send PM if you need more info. for your search for Spanish property. I looked around Costa del Sol and Costa Blanca for some time . Murcia still developing and prices still good. New roads all open now , new airport soon and high speed trains already operate.
You can still find quiet coves and mountain ranges

Marksfish  - congatulations - looked at Andalus and loved development , are they building a new Marina and new shopping development near you?

Will not miss the sprouts one bit, strange how I only eat them on Christmas day , any suggestions on how to cook them so they do not taste like sprouts? better still just don't buy any. For those living in Spain do you get Christmas twice  December and January? Its my birthday in between so could have 4 celebrations between 25th Dec and 6th Jan with New Year and birthday. another good reason to live in Spain!!
dringman

www.condadoexcursions.com   Airport Transfers Day Trips Alhama de Murcia Taxi No 10  
tel +441212881323   +34 622714979

Like 0      
07 Feb 2008 1:18 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Thought I'd post as no one seems to have happy stories since before xmas.

Well, we're happy enough. OH retires March 13th & we're off to Spain for an extended trip of 25 days. Already got plans to meet up with a few EOS couples who just happen to be over at the same time as us. Some we've already met, some are new. Then there's the EOS couples who are resident.  

Always see "Georgia" & "Karensun". Great friends with them.

Like 0      
20 Feb 2008 9:52 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Not much been going on in here lately.

credit crunches and doom and gloom. Well I'm happy.  .

I know I bought the right place in the right location so na na na na na!! 

Like 0      
20 Feb 2008 10:17 PM by jane b Star rating in Bedar, Almeria. 222 posts Send private message

jane b´s avatar
Murphys Law meets All's Well that Ends Well
It's a long one but it has a happy ending
No one ever said that running a B&B was going to be stress-free, but we naively believed that after all the trials of our renovation project, welcoming our first guests at Las Tortugas might be a walk in the park. Hmmm!

It is the May Day weekend. Two Italian couples are due to arrive at 8pm, and I am unaccountably well ahead of schedule, or so it seems. By 2.30 the bedrooms and bathrooms are sparkling. The covered terrace is acceptable even if the throws could do with a shake. I haven’t started on the dining room or kitchen but I have dusted and done the floor in the guest sitting room and at this precise moment I am struggling to replace all the freshly-washed covers on the sofas. 

Terry is washing the pool cover, supervised by our neighbour, Chrissie. I think I may have heard a car but I am too busy cursing the zip I have just broken to pay much attention. Chrissie calls out ‘I think they’re here!’  I assume she is winding me up.   I am elegantly attired in very ancient but comfortable shorts, displaying far too much thigh for one of my age and build, an old sleeveless t-shirt, no bra and my favourite pussy-cat slippers. My HRT has not kicked in today and I am sweaty and red-faced in temperatures soaring into the 30s and the sort of humidity we normally experience only in June. 

I risk a peek outside: four smart-looking thirty-somethings are piling out of a fancy BMW. As there is no other house within 300 metres I can only assume that ‘they’ are indeed here. Neither Terry nor Chrissie speaks a word of Italian and as far as we know the guests speak no English. Which leaves me, and strangely enough I have not practiced the Italian for ‘I am sorry you find me in such a state of disarray but if you had said you were arriving at 1430 hours it might at least have changed my shoes’. 

Fortunately they had other preoccupations: their BMW had sprung a leak which was dripping diesel into the alternator and they wanted to find a mechanic. They had come all the way from Bologna with an expensive car with a known niggle and no breakdown insurance. Needless to say mechanics were in short supply at 2.30pm on a Fiesta Saturday and it took until Tuesday to begin sorting it out.  

Happily, as they had booked to eat with us that evening I had already done quite a bit of preparation, so their lack of transport did not result in frantic raiding of fridge and freezer to produce dinner. Despite my apprehension (Italians being, if anything, harder to please than French when it comes to food), they were appreciative and complimentary and in the event they ate at home most nights even though they hired a car. On day four, suffering from pasta withdrawal, they enquired as to whether we did not like pasta, as we had not served any. My sheepish response, that although we indeed love pasta I would not presume to cook it for Italians, brought forth an offer to cook a meal for us, which they did in some style.

However many guests pass through our doors over the next few years, I am sure the memory of this visit is the one which will endure the longest. Grazie, Paolo, Elena, Marco & Silvia.
Jane b
www.lastortugas.net

www.fincalaserenidad.com

Like 0      
21 Feb 2008 12:09 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Hi JaneB, looks like Candyfloss has resurrected this thread well!

your post on your B&B experience made great reading!

I love  your way of writing, so well expressed!

I look forward to the next installment.

Thanks,

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
21 Feb 2008 12:56 PM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar
Jane, I second Fibbys comments regarding your writing (do you do it professionally?) and I too look forward to the next instalment.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | ... | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | ... | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Benahavis - 3rd attempt - 3 posts
wasting time - 1 posts
message boards - 11 posts
iznalloz - 16 posts
Deeds who do we put on them? - 14 posts
What's REALLY happening with the Spanish property market? - 4 posts
Is it just me ! - 8 posts
WINTER SNOWSPORTS IN ALMERIA - 2 posts
problems with neighbours - 6 posts
Withdrawal Symptoms - Calling all sufferers - 25 posts
New golf course - 0 posts
Off Plan??? - 29 posts
Intro - 9 posts
las vistas santa maria - 27 posts
Thank u Smiley - 2 posts
COTO REAL DUQUESA - 4 posts
Help - 9 posts
fitness trainer and beauty therapist - 2 posts
Community fees and AEA - 1 posts
residencial olivia hurchillo - 2 posts
Recommendations for transfering money - 20 posts
residential olivia hurchillo - 1 posts
Gordon Bennett sooner we get to Spain, the better. - 0 posts
INTEREALTY back in town - 3 posts
Wanted - Free standing Electric Cooker - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 361

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x