Recommendations for transfering money

Currency exchange Spain
Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 Feb 2007 12:00 AM by lytton Star rating in Bath & North East So.... 422 posts Send private message

Hi, I'm about to pay my fist 25% payment on my off-plan and saw the HIFX advert on this web site. Can anyone let me know if they are any good or is there any others that I could, or should use? Any advise would be of great help.

Phil 

Like 0      
08 Feb 2007 9:29 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Try moneycorp.  Good rate and very quick.  www.moneycorp.com

Also look at the thread about not using your UK bank.

Like 0      
08 Feb 2007 10:08 PM by danazcurt Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

HIFX are brilliant. That's not to say try another who has been recommended but I use HIFX and have never had a problem.

More recommendations are better that bad ones!!

Like 0      
09 Feb 2007 1:17 AM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

We used Currencies Direct. You MAY want to take a look in the thread about HIFX in this board.

http://www.eyeonspain.com/Secure/ForumPosts.aspx?thread=250&dev=FB20&name=Transferring%20money%20to%20Spain

Like 0      
09 Feb 2007 7:52 AM by jencoo Star rating in east Yorkshire/ Daya.... 131 posts Send private message

hi litton

There are other currencie transfer companies and they all want your business.

If you are not already aware, these companies will allow you to purchase the total amount you need to buy your property at a fixed exchange rate. By purchasing at a fixed rate you know exactly how much money you need and can budget for it. Buying in lots as you require at the exchange rate of the time can cost a lot of money if the euro value changes significantly, possibly costing you thousands of pounds. Well worth thinking about.

I used hfx and had no trouble at all, and that is not to say that any one of these 'bankers' does not have a glitch at some point or other.

Like 0      
09 Feb 2007 9:28 AM by amcgrory Star rating in La Herrada Los Monte.... 23 posts Send private message

amcgrory´s avatar
we used a company called Global and with their expert advice secured a future rate for our balance of approx. 90,000 euro.This turned out to be bad advice for us as we lost out on about 4000  euro so buyer beware.Ann+PAT @ 437 La Herrada

Like 0      
09 Feb 2007 9:32 AM by Frustratedkeith Star rating in Jimena De La Fronter.... 55 posts Send private message

I've always used Currencies4less (9 trades so far) who have recently changed their name to baydonhill (www.baydonhill.com). My personal dealer (Sean) has always been very professional and funds have always arrived when they said they would. Not sure how rates compare with others (tend to find I get around 98.15% of the rate quoted on, for example, bloomberg - slightly better for larger trades). Transfer fees are reasonable at £16 per trade and service is excellent.

Like 0      
09 Feb 2007 10:32 AM by kevinm Star rating in Somewhere so nice, i.... 26 posts Send private message

HiFX - cannot recommend at this time

Please see the posts under HiFX problems, delays transferring money. Depending on the outcome of this - I am already at solicitor stage - I cannot recommend them because of the way they deal with (or don't deal with) problems. I'm sure that they have many satisfied customers but it's important to consider how you will be treated if and when things go wrong. I am not the only one to have had problems, as you will see on that discussion.

I will be keeping the other thread updated. In the meantime we are using Currencyuk (www.currencyuk.co.uk) as their rates are always good.

Kevin

Like 0      
15 Feb 2007 9:30 PM by neildublin Star rating in Dublin & Benalmadena.... 6 posts Send private message

I have used HiFx on a number of occassions and found them to be excellent. The only problems I have ever encountered has been because of delays with the spanish bank crediting money to an account.

I now live in Dublin and have recently had to send a large euro payment to purchase a property in spain. To avoid both Irish bank charges and spanish bank charges for receiving money, break your transfer into smaller amounts of less than €50,000. The new EU regulations mean that these have to be sent and credited to your account with no charge,

Like 0      
15 Feb 2007 11:27 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar
 Good idea, that !

Like 0      
16 Feb 2007 3:13 PM by FRED39 Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

We use Global Currency Exchange and Moneycorp to send our money from the UK to Spain.  They are both excellent - free - and so far, fingers crossed their rates have been unbeatable.

Like 0      
16 Feb 2007 4:21 PM by alanwspencer Star rating in Hertfordshire/Duques.... 340 posts Send private message

alanwspencer´s avatar

Yes I have always used Moneycorp and so far they have been very good. Efficient, good rates and no problems. Oh dear hope I haven't put the kiss of death on them!

Alan

Like 0      
14 Mar 2007 4:56 PM by tyrills Star rating in bootle,merseyside/po.... 73 posts Send private message

tyrills´s avatar

hello everyone.
                           has anybody had any dealings with crown currency exchange if so were they good or bad ,
                                                                                                                              thanks    jeff

Like 0      
14 Mar 2007 5:47 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Hi Jeff,

Check out this http://forum.moneysupermarket.com/forums/thread/9241.aspx

Also check out http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/ though, at a quick glance, I can't find if it's been discussed in their chat forums.

Janice

Like 0      
14 Mar 2007 5:49 PM by tyrills Star rating in bootle,merseyside/po.... 73 posts Send private message

tyrills´s avatar
thanks janice ill take a lookjeff

Like 0      
14 Mar 2007 8:04 PM by anna_gibbs Star rating in North Lincolnshire. 2 posts Send private message

anna_gibbs´s avatar

Hi,

We're new to this forum but just to add that we use Moneycorp and so far they have been brilliant and much cheaper than bank transfer rates

Like 0      
15 Mar 2007 11:20 AM by Andy1234 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

I have always used The Foremost Currency Group ** EDITED - Against terms of posting **

This message was last edited by EOS Team on 3/15/2007.

Like 0      
15 Mar 2007 4:23 PM by MANSOURS Star rating in Milton Keynes / Los .... 46 posts Send private message

MANSOURS´s avatar
Moneycorp - great customer service and always willing to give good advice.  Looking at 'forward contract' when the market is good can make a difference when you are dealing with a big transfer.

Like 0      
15 Mar 2007 4:26 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Nice try Andy1234.  We prefer it if people don't recommend themselves!!

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
16 Mar 2007 5:44 PM by hobby Star rating in Hertfordshire/Estepo.... 155 posts Send private message

hobby´s avatar

Did try HiFX but after reading all the bad experiences fellow forum members were experiencing tried Currencies Direct instead with no regrets, money gets transferred on time and no fees.  BTW HiFX phoned the missus a while back wanting to know why we didn't  put our business their way and she gave it to them straight about their bad reputation, they did the usual 'oh its only the odd one or two disgruntled customers etc', then started giving her the third degree about which forum she got her information from - no prizes for guessing what her censored reply was!!

hobby

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

residential olivia hurchillo - 1 posts
Gordon Bennett sooner we get to Spain, the better. - 0 posts
INTEREALTY back in town - 3 posts
Wanted - Free standing Electric Cooker - 5 posts
Buying off plan through Medsea major problems - 17 posts
Sky Digital box with remote and ITV card - 2 posts
HUSBAND FOR SALE - 5 posts
Hotels in Marbella - 8 posts
Site Security - 3 posts
AIR CONDITIONING - - 1 posts
Original Art Work for sale - 2 posts
How to give your Spanish Lawyer a kick up the @ - 21 posts
Buying at Alboaire Golf - 0 posts
Diesal Van Wanted - 0 posts
Long Term Rental - 1 posts
Classic VW Beetle, Bargain! - 0 posts
Cheap hols etc, offers on flights to the Costas - 0 posts
HODS. It's Official! - 2 posts
RECOMMENDED PLACES TO EAT ON THE COSTA BLANCA - 1 posts
Neighbourhood watch in Spain - 1 posts
Good Restaurant Guide - 6 posts
Insurance for heart attack travellers .. help !!! - 2 posts
Ryanair flights booked Tue 06th Feb - Thu 08th Feb - 0 posts
Los Tulipanes - Palomares Village - 0 posts
Speeding Fine - 25 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 21

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x