BUYING FOR BLACK - I WANT A SPECIAL THREAD PLEASE

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Apr 2007 12:00 AM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
JUSTIN CAN YOU DO ME A FAVOUR PLEASE - I WANT TO START A THREAD UNDER THE MAIN HEADINGS ON A CONTENTIOUS SUBJECT REGARDING BLACK MONEY - IT NEEDS ITS OWN SECTION AS I AM GETTING FED  UP WITH PEOPLE TELLING ME THEIR LAWYERS ARE NOT DOING THEIR JOB PROPERLY - IT IS CAUSING STRESS AND GRIEF TO A GREAT MANY PEOPLE SO HOW ABOUT IT

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
04 Apr 2007 1:02 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Smiley sweetness,

Re-phrase the thread's title and Justin MAY take you seriously!

When I read the thread title, I thought you were doing a bit of sewing on your party frock and wanted advice on what thread to use!

So, if it's Lycra, use a nylon based thread............ cotton? use cotton...............pink tutu? use pink coloured tutu thread of course!

Oh you know what I mean, men, nightmare typists or what?!!!

This message was last edited by FibbyUK on 4/4/2007.

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
04 Apr 2007 1:35 PM by Gillespie Star rating in Costa Calida Area. 608 posts Send private message

Gillespie´s avatar
Hey smiley Justin might be nervouse about such a thread - Call it..EL FUNDO NEGRO! then he might not notice!!

Business advice and consultancy - Visit www.calidain2business.com

Calida in2 Business - Spanish Property Clearance.

www.spanishpropertyclearance.com

Like 0      
04 Apr 2007 2:21 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Fibby, that's ace. Trust you to think Smiley was after sewing thread   

Like 0      
04 Apr 2007 11:13 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

You know me Gillespie lets call a spade a spade - Justin aint the nervous tyoe and lets call it what it is -

Fibs I can tell youre bloody getting better - I told you to stay away coz it was a relief not to get the piss taken so much out of me - now youre back Janice has got her talons in again you bloody encourage each other - still I am a man what can I expect - all I want is a quiet life with a bit of peace and quiet but no

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
06 Apr 2007 2:24 PM by JPD Star rating in Hull, East Yorkshire.... 391 posts Send private message

JPD´s avatar

Yes, girls, leave Smiley alone! He want somewhere quiet to do his sewing!!

Sorry Smiley I too thought it was a question about cotton to sew something black!

Tee hee

Trish x

Like 0      
06 Apr 2007 3:43 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

06 Apr 2007 9:49 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

06 Apr 2007 10:26 PM by ******** Star rating in UK & Murcia. 574 posts Send private message

Ok Smiley ...... don't get stressed.

I'm flying out tomorrow and will bring some with me   - cotton or nylon ??

Jane

Like 0      
06 Apr 2007 10:37 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
I know this is all a joke to you lot but on this one rare occasion I want to be taken seriously - it is a hell of a serious issue for any buyers and if Justin doesnt give me my thread soon I am going to sulk!

Like 0      
06 Apr 2007 11:19 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Smiley,  I happen to think it's a very serious matter too.

As you likely know, Chris & I were forced, yes FORCED, & don't anyone say "but you didn't have to comply with your builders demands" as we ruddy well did or lose 100,000€ as our builder just ignored us, having insisted we completed, with us paying him around 25% of the total purchase price in black money. He took our original contract off us at the notary & replaced it with one saying the purchase price was 146,250€ not the 195,000€ we actually paid. (No habitation certificate either BTW.)

Builders know that by the time they throw that gem about the black money at you, you have bought your flights to go to Spain for your completion, booked a hire car & hotel. You've organised your transfer of funds, sorted your NIE, organised removals, got the cat into a cattery, booked a taxi to the airport & in my case, had a nervous breakdown because of everything else which had gone wrong !!! Our bad experiences cost me my sanity for a year or so.

So, Smiley, I'm with you on this.

Janice

Like 0      
06 Apr 2007 11:28 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

I didn't even know it was called Black money originally.  We were just told by them nice agents that "this is the way it's done in Spain".  So, shrugged shoulders and away we go..

Agent, builders, solicitors and even the notary were complicit in what was essentially breaking the law.  But, because of "this is the way it's done in Spain" we now have problems when we try to do things properly.  Same with the other thread and land-grabbing.  It has been condemned by the European courts and Spain has been ordered (several times) to compensate the landowners.  However, at the risk of repeating myself, this is the way it's done in Spain.  If I even hear the words "go to your bank and give us cash" on my next purchase, I will pull out of the deal inmediatamente!!!

Signed,

Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells

Like 0      
06 Apr 2007 11:38 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

We were just told by them nice agents that "this is the way it's done in Spain ". 

Yes, that's their catch phrase, isn't it ? We had heard of builders saying they wanted to declare a lower figure on the escritura so we spoke to our agent about it on the inspection trip & was told it wasn't up to the builder, it was up to us if we wanted to underclare, or not, so we did ask almost two years prior to completion. Wished we'd recorded all our "chats" with agent & builder.

Like 0      
06 Apr 2007 11:40 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
You can in fact report them to the Notary and while many can be left side of the law - if they do not do anything about it the tax office will take it very very seriously - if your lawyer had stood up for you he would never ever have let you complete and he would have been threatening to report to the authorities as confirmation of what had happened - you would still have had  a copy of the ppc at the original price and could have proven your situation and that he was trying to defraud

Like 0      
07 Apr 2007 12:00 AM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar
Unfortunately we were "conned" by the agent into using their incompetant legal team &, as we were naive & felt we trusted them, we went along with it all. God, we'd SO do it different next time. Don't you think we now know we did wrong by not having an independant lawyer ? However, friends of ours who did employ an independant lawyer still couldn't get the same builder to allow them to complete with full purchase price on the escritura. It's a no win situation sometimes. (Yes, we did make a copy of the original contract with the full purchase price on)

Like 0      
07 Apr 2007 1:29 AM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Shame you dun it then coz in the eyes of the law you just as wrong - should have been as assertive with your lawyer as you would be in the UK coz you would never have done it there

Like 0      
07 Apr 2007 2:22 AM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 4/7/2007.

Like 0      
07 Apr 2007 8:18 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Ok, Ok Smiley, what do you want the category to be called?  Let me know and I'll set it up.

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
07 Apr 2007 10:49 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
I reckon "Black Money - The Under Declaration Issue" - or something along those lines if you would be so kind

Like 0      
08 Apr 2007 8:09 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Hi Smiley,

I am sorry for winding you up, just couldn't resist it!

Yes, getting bloody better, better day by day! (Glad you could tell sweetness!)

Not been on here for a while, family visiting etc.,

Has Justin sorted your well earned thread yet, cos' I couldn't see it................

Hi Bolbaol,

Since when was Tunbridge Wells in Leicestershire?

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

stating up a business in Spain - 11 posts
New Cartagena to Vera Motorway. AP-7. - 4 posts
How much tax on resales? - 11 posts
buying in Alboaire Golf - 15 posts
Justin, can you point these new people in right direction please ? - 1 posts
Where to buy equipment for disabled in Torrevieja area? - 1 posts
been let down for rental, I seek a 1 or 2 bed for JUNE under EUR 800 - 7 posts
Furniture express, Estepona? - 23 posts
Noise laws - 21 posts
Betty TV - 0 posts
JeansSis (Janice) & Candyfloss (Gina) meet for the first time. - 6 posts
'Sardines Day' in La Cala?? - 4 posts
Arthititis Best Area To Live - 4 posts
Any shops open on Monday 2nd - 21 posts
Skype Pro Promotion - 27 posts
Ribera Golf & La Union - 4 posts
Community pool safety issues - 6 posts
RENTING BEWARE - 2 posts
Development Discussions - 6 posts
Mortgage advice for a ( mortgage virgin) 36yr old,... >) - 1 posts
Mortgage advice for a 36yr old, never had one before man,,,and a bit of other ..... - 9 posts
Casablanca Beach - 2 posts
change of ownership - 5 posts
help on sending first payment. - 3 posts
News of friends - 19 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 24

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x