Community pool safety issues

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
01 Apr 2007 12:00 AM by deniseatnycs Star rating in Sol Golf Nr Villamar.... 136 posts Send private message

deniseatnycs´s avatar
On my friends Urbanisation the tiles around the Communal pool are very slippy.  The President and the owners know of the situation and have put signs up warning of the danger but they cannot afford, as a Community to make the area non slip.  What would you think would be the situation should an owner or guest slip and badly injure themselves, have the signs made the Community less (or more) liable?

Like 0      
01 Apr 2007 10:53 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/17/2007.

Like 0      
02 Apr 2007 10:24 AM by deniseatnycs Star rating in Sol Golf Nr Villamar.... 136 posts Send private message

deniseatnycs´s avatar

Thanks for that Janice.  I think that their Administrator has told them something along the same lines.  The problem is that many Administrator just say anything to avoid them having to do anything and I was just concerned that this is the case here.  Hopefully there will never be a reason to find out if she is wrong!

Like 0      
02 Apr 2007 7:35 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

"The problem is that many Administrator just say anything to avoid them having to do anything"

Spot on! I think you raised a very interesting point. One would think that if there are visible warning signs, and perhaps the good old "use this pool at your own risk" signs, then the community should be clear of any responsibilty. It may be a good idea to get the opinion of a lawyer (maybe Maria could answer for us?) and also ask the community insurance provider where you stand in such circumstances.

Don't know where in Spain you are (tut tut, update your profile please!) but you can find an English translation of the rules for community pools in Andalucia here: http://www.castillotraductores.com/ingles/l_oenlaces_i.htm 

Bit gobbledegooky, but may have some interesting bits (I haven't found them yet!)

This message was last edited by Roberto on 4/2/2007.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
05 Apr 2007 10:44 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Hi Rob I reckon all your bits are interesting mate - whether they are gobbledeegooky or not I guess we would have to consult Mrs Roberto!

This message was last edited by Smiley on 4/5/2007.

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
06 Apr 2007 12:05 AM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
Go take a cold shower Smiley - but not at the community pool, 'cos it's after hours and not allowed. (See the rules).

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
06 Apr 2007 12:11 AM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
I would but my ring main is up the duff

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

RENTING BEWARE - 2 posts
Development Discussions - 6 posts
Mortgage advice for a ( mortgage virgin) 36yr old,... >) - 1 posts
Mortgage advice for a 36yr old, never had one before man,,,and a bit of other ..... - 9 posts
Casablanca Beach - 2 posts
change of ownership - 5 posts
help on sending first payment. - 3 posts
News of friends - 19 posts
Moving a part load of furniture to Spain from the UK - 11 posts
Any other Irish out there? - 11 posts
NIE APPLICATIONS IN ALMERIA - 4 posts
Residentias - 0 posts
till April the 9th. - 3 posts
Inspection dates - 2 posts
What area should we choose? - 10 posts
Return of Deposit Monies!! - 8 posts
Anyone bought on Atalaya de Mojacar? - 2 posts
Quality Warning! - 9 posts
launching jet ski's Costa Blanca Area - 0 posts
St Georges Day - A bank holiday?? - 26 posts
Anything music .. just great listening - 2 posts
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JANICE - 27 posts
End of month gone.....still no sign!!! - 2 posts
Franchises - 2 posts
Looking for Super King Size Bedding in CB - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x