News of friends

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
31 Mar 2007 12:00 AM by ******** Star rating in UK & Murcia. 574 posts Send private message

Hi Janice, any news of Fibby yet after her big op ?  Hope she's doing ok.

Jane

Like 0      
31 Mar 2007 11:33 AM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/17/2007.

Like 0      
01 Apr 2007 9:33 AM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
01 Apr 2007 1:50 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Hi Janice I assume she is still "inside" and probably wont be home for a while - if I recall others I know who have had the same thing - please convey sincerest best wishes for a speedy recovery and I am sure that I speak for everyone on the site - we miss her 

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
01 Apr 2007 11:09 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
01 Apr 2007 11:24 PM by jules1 Star rating in St Ives, Cambridgesh.... 264 posts Send private message

jules1´s avatar

So glad to hear everything went well with the op. Make sure you are a good girl Fibby and do everything you are supposed to in order to make a speedy recovery! I do hear that for some alcohol is quite a good painkiller, but best wait until you are off the medication!!

Julia

Like 0      
02 Apr 2007 6:59 PM by JPD Star rating in Hull, East Yorkshire.... 391 posts Send private message

JPD´s avatar

Hi all, glad to hear Fibby is home and on the mend, wont be long before she is back in Spain and  'running' down to the beach in Playa Flamenca, with her new hip!

Take it easy Fibby, our best wishes to you , lots of love,

John and Trish x

Like 0      
02 Apr 2007 10:40 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Sorry it was a senior moment or I am blind or was I just blind drunk - cant remember so must be the latter or maybe alzheimers is setting in. Good to hear the glad tidings and hope she is having a speedy recovery

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
02 Apr 2007 11:07 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
03 Apr 2007 12:14 AM by Danzo121 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi JeanSis

Just to thank you for leading us here, seems like we are now finding what we have been looking for at last...useful information!!! Thanks again and catch you around..oh one thing I thought of that maybe you can help us with. I tried sending a contact form to various Land-Lords  in the Long term Rental section of EyeonSpain.com and have heard nothing at all, is there any other way of finding out if the places to rent are available? and are there any reputable Letting Agents for long term Lets in the area between Banalmadena and San Pedro del Alcantara that you know of?

See you around, kindest regards

Danzo & Leorarose

Like 0      
03 Apr 2007 1:13 AM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
03 Apr 2007 4:35 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Helooooooooooo!!!

Yes, the FibbyUK is back!!!

Sorry that I posted in "another" forum before saying hello here, but there was a good reason.

A member there was so terrified of having an MRI scan, she is claustrophobic, and I just had to say well done to her as I had been thinking of her and giving advice etc.,..................but hey I am back here now!

Strangely enough, the only chair in my house that is the right height and comfortable, is the computer chair!

So you lot will get fed up with me on here in the next few weeks!

Op went well, but I must say I nearly did a runner.

Had to be there for 10.30 am but was kept waiting till 1pm for my slot!

Plenty of time for the fear to build up and just as I said "how much longer", I was whipped away!

Slid onto the butchers block, jabbed in the right arm, mask over the face, cold sprayed ready for epidural, then woke up next to a lovely girl in PACU (Patient After Care Unit) chatting away as if nothing had happened!

I thought, this is a breeze, got to the ward and started to stick to the plastic bed for the next 24hrs!

Epidural in place and morphine button to press to my hearts content, then the Physios came................on my gawd!

Off came the epidural, out came the catheter(not going any further with that one!), was ripped out of bed leaving 6" of skin on the sheet, out came the zimmer frame and on came the pain!

After much swearing, walking like a pregnant duck, and abusing most people in sight, they finally got the medication right.

Liquid morphine - heaven!

Next day on crutches, caused riots amongst the patients, tried to have an ogle in the men's ward, most of whom where 80+, so no luck there, ate all the food in sight, cracked jokes and disrupted the ward so much, they chucked me out on Saturday!

House totally re-arranged by my lovely caring family, then totally re-arranged back again to my spec! (Ungrateful bitch!)

Going well so far, now able to go one crutched, with a cuppa in tuther hand!

Apart from spilling the cat food all over the place whilst lowering it with my grabber, I haven't spilt a drop of wine yet!

Seriously folks, I did try a couple of gulps of vino last night, but felt so so strange, I put it down (no, not down the throat, down on the table)!

Until I am off the high voltage tabs, it's hot choccy for me!

Anyway, now that I have bored you all (told you I would, didn't I), I will get on and read all the gossip - hope you have all been good while is was incapacitated!

My kind thanks to all of you who have sent me e-cards, e-mails and good wishes via the forum and other members - I love you all!

My kindest and most sincerest regards - as always,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
03 Apr 2007 4:45 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

WELCOME BACK FIBBS

Great to have you back and glad you're finally getting back to normal (won't be long before you're downing the old vino again I'm sure!).

Total respect to you by the way...I am sooooo scared of anything like that, hospitals and me just don't get on!!

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
03 Apr 2007 5:10 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Many thanks Justin!

I wasn't actually "in love" with the hospital scene either, but had to do it!

Us women eh? Got more get up and go than you men!

Tsh!

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
03 Apr 2007 5:11 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
03 Apr 2007 5:16 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Cheer Mate!

I loved the pics of you, hubbies & Candyfloss! Candyfloss is so nice looking........

You have such a lovely smiley face, a bit similar to me I reckon.

Could we be twins?

Oh gawd, here I go again! Start everyone off on THAT tact again..........

Stop!, grab the painkillers, swig the morphine, that should settle me!

Chow for now...........

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
03 Apr 2007 5:26 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
03 Apr 2007 5:39 PM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

Lovely to have you back fibby and glad that's all over for you, each day will get better and better, have a nice Easter.

Maureen

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
03 Apr 2007 5:42 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Many thanks Leema,

You are right, each day gets easier, just wish I could sleep on my side though!

Hate being on my back all the time.............ok guys, no comments thank you!

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
03 Apr 2007 5:46 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Moving a part load of furniture to Spain from the UK - 11 posts
Any other Irish out there? - 11 posts
NIE APPLICATIONS IN ALMERIA - 4 posts
Residentias - 0 posts
till April the 9th. - 3 posts
Inspection dates - 2 posts
What area should we choose? - 10 posts
Return of Deposit Monies!! - 8 posts
Anyone bought on Atalaya de Mojacar? - 2 posts
Quality Warning! - 9 posts
launching jet ski's Costa Blanca Area - 0 posts
St Georges Day - A bank holiday?? - 26 posts
Anything music .. just great listening - 2 posts
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JANICE - 27 posts
End of month gone.....still no sign!!! - 2 posts
Franchises - 2 posts
Looking for Super King Size Bedding in CB - 4 posts
Euro Anglosur / Prestige Villas - 2 posts
The Cod Father,El Faro,CDS. - 0 posts
The Green Olive - Sabinillas - 6 posts
Estate Agent Speak - 34 posts
Almeria - 5 posts
Marbella Belles - 4 posts
Replacement Locks - 11 posts
Great Place to Relocate in Spain - 8 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 20

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x