Furniture express, Estepona?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
02 Apr 2007 12:00 AM by DonH Star rating in Almerimar, Almeria a.... 49 posts Send private message

Has anyone experience of a company called Furniture express nr. Estepona?
We are considering buying a furniture pack for our apartment in Almerimar.
Any feedback or views would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Don

Like 0      
02 Apr 2007 5:05 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/17/2007.

Like 0      
02 Apr 2007 5:48 PM by DonH Star rating in Almerimar, Almeria a.... 49 posts Send private message

Thanks for the help, but I've looked at Villapac.
The Furniture Express site is http://www.furnitureexpressspain.com
Anyone know of them at all?

Like 0      
03 Apr 2007 11:59 PM by robmct Star rating in Edinburgh/London - .... 196 posts Send private message

robmct´s avatar

Hi Don

I used  ' Imperials '  in Marbella, very good..

Cheers

Rob

Like 0      
08 Apr 2007 9:02 PM by redman Star rating. 235 posts Send private message

Hi DonH,

We actually went out to take a look at Furniture Express Spain (www.furnitureexpressspain.com) a few months ago on a sort of mission to source companies we can recommend to future clients.  We came away feeling we had found a very likeable and professional company who bend over backwards for their clients.  They have even agreed to deliver to Costa Calida/Blanca at no extra cost (even though they're based in Estepona).  They will mix and match furniture and even throw in a few freebees for good public relations.  Unlike some other furniture companies there are no hidden costs and they're not afraid to give you the price of individual items.

Personally I would have no hesitation in recommending them, I'd also like to add that we're not connected to them in any way, we just felt we could trust them.  We will be recommending them to our clients.

Regards,

Steve

c/o www.spanishvillacare.com

Like 0      
09 Apr 2007 9:33 PM by DonH Star rating in Almerimar, Almeria a.... 49 posts Send private message

Thanks Steve!

Like 0      
07 May 2007 10:57 PM by LunnB Star rating. 18 posts Send private message

Furniture Express was brilliant and will use it again.  Lynn B  

Like 0      
08 May 2007 1:00 PM by Sharron W Star rating in Sutton Coldfield, We.... 152 posts Send private message

Sharron W´s avatar

Hi,

I have been corresponding with Furniture Express and have found them to be flexible, professsional and extremely helpful.  We will probably using them when our apartment is ready next year.

Regards Sharron

Like 0      
13 May 2007 9:13 AM by db Star rating. 11 posts Send private message

Hi Don

We bought from Furniture Express and have been delighted. They sent me photographs via email of bits of furniture that I upgraded/asked for clarification, are very flexible and really do care that you get exactly what you want. They even arranged to deliver our furniture on Saturday 23rd December so that we could use the apartment over Christmas. When we visited for the first time, it was like walking into a show flat (pictures on the wall, cushions on the sofa, ornaments dotted around.

Go for it, you won't be disappointed.

Dx

Like 0      
14 May 2007 4:01 PM by peps Star rating in manchester and duque.... 410 posts Send private message

rob?  how did you find imperial, i'm using them, bit more expensive and i;'ve gone for the barcelona, one of the cheapest.  what was your stuff like?  i just find it hard not being able to see most of it first. going out there couple weeks so will view it hopefully in the showroom before its delivered

suzanne

Like 0      
27 Oct 2007 2:54 PM by marilyn48 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

We furnished our property near Orihuela only this month using Furniture Express.  We found their service first class from beginning to end.  Being a British company based in Spain, they were able to fit in with our plans at short notice and delivered on a bank holiday which was a real life-saver as our completion date coincided with the holiday week-end.   Kathy and Anthony provided a personal and efficient service and I found their advice re: specific furnishings, extremely helpful.  The boys arrived with the furniture at 9am on the Friday and when we returned to the property at 3pm it was like walking into a show-house - they did everything, even down to arranging the place mats on the table!  Their after sales service has also been first rate and I have no hesitation in recommending them.

Like 0      
02 Nov 2007 11:36 AM by redcastle Star rating. 28 posts Send private message

Hi

Any takers for MAD ABOUT FURNITURE? we have looked around and found them to be very helpful. Haven't  bought yet but and would welcome some feed  back.

Like 0      
13 Nov 2007 1:52 PM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

Just come back from Duquesa, spent a week looking at furniture shops and was getting really fed up as I couldn't see anything with a wow factor, that was until we walked into Furniture Express and it took my breath away, everything I had been looking for.

Glad to see the comments about them further down as I am really nervous about buying in Spain, but Liz went throu everything with us and mixed and matched lots to get what we really wanted, we went for the Marbella package and can't wait until January when it should all come together.  Only back yesterday and already had four emails from them. So fingers crossed it all goes to plan.

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
28 Nov 2007 12:10 PM by Tamsin Star rating. 169 posts Send private message

Having just come back from Spain , unless you are very short of time then do it yourself gradually as you can save so much money.     What we are doing is buying the lounge furniture from one company - probably Imperial in Malaga and get the other products ie kitchen products from the large supermarkets.  Curtains can be made in your local shops or Merlin Leroy  or is it the other way around.   One company was charging us a fortune for the curtains  to be made and when we saw the  cost of material and ML  charge only 10 E a metre to make them - these companies are making a kill.   Spain has such a choice  that you could probably buy the curtains off the shelf.     It is very tempting to hire one of those companies and believe me I have been tempted . We bought a beautiful set of cutlery for 6 which included steak knives, bread knife and two other chopping knives  at the Supermarket at La Canada for 19 Euros - that supermarket is absolutley briliiant rather like an upmarket  Waitrose but  I cannot remember its name.

Like 0      
28 Nov 2007 12:54 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Tamsin, it would be Alcampo supermarket according to Google.  Must say, although we're in another area totally, we much preferred sorting it all out ourselves & likely much cheaper for better quality but we did take our time which is something often others don't have. Market stalls make curtains too very reasonably.

Like 0      
28 Nov 2007 1:15 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Also an advantage of doing it over time is when you get a package, initially its great, but when its in theplace sometimes things look a bit odd or not quite right, or you see something else that would have matched better, so I prefer to get the basics then take time shopping around for the rest

Others feel differently and prefer down to the last teaspoon done and ready to go!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
04 Dec 2007 5:56 PM by mimmie Star rating. 145 posts Send private message

Just to say Furniture World at Estepona has a very large selection of everything you could possibly want, even fitted carpet!!

However, leave Andelucian Dream Interiors well alone, having purchased a package from them would not recommend them to anyone!!

Regards Mim

Like 0      
23 Apr 2008 4:37 PM by kal5151 Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Is a package the best value?

Like 0      
23 Apr 2008 4:40 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
I would say never, just convenient & quick.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 4/23/2008.

Like 0      
23 Apr 2008 5:33 PM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

I Agree, just had them, thought they were great until I seen all my neighbours and felt embarassed telling them how much ours cost, all the bedding fell to bits in first wash,  cutlery etc is the cheapest and pictures all cheap, I'll be replacing them all bit by bit,  even the tv stand is naff.

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Noise laws - 21 posts
Betty TV - 0 posts
JeansSis (Janice) & Candyfloss (Gina) meet for the first time. - 6 posts
'Sardines Day' in La Cala?? - 4 posts
Arthititis Best Area To Live - 4 posts
Any shops open on Monday 2nd - 21 posts
Skype Pro Promotion - 27 posts
Ribera Golf & La Union - 4 posts
Community pool safety issues - 6 posts
RENTING BEWARE - 2 posts
Development Discussions - 6 posts
Mortgage advice for a ( mortgage virgin) 36yr old,... >) - 1 posts
Mortgage advice for a 36yr old, never had one before man,,,and a bit of other ..... - 9 posts
Casablanca Beach - 2 posts
change of ownership - 5 posts
help on sending first payment. - 3 posts
News of friends - 19 posts
Moving a part load of furniture to Spain from the UK - 11 posts
Any other Irish out there? - 11 posts
NIE APPLICATIONS IN ALMERIA - 4 posts
Residentias - 0 posts
till April the 9th. - 3 posts
Inspection dates - 2 posts
What area should we choose? - 10 posts
Return of Deposit Monies!! - 8 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 24

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x