Arthititis Best Area To Live

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
01 Apr 2007 12:00 AM by hills999 Star rating in east midlands. 8 posts Send private message

Hi, after researching for 2 yrs I decided to relocate to Cordoba, I have just been diagnosed with artheritis, which in my 40s came as a shock.  My plans to run an olive farm are still for most in my mind, but I would appreciate advice on other areas to live which will benefit my health.  (rumour has it that you can't keep a good woman down) or so they say.

Like 0      
01 Apr 2007 11:39 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/19/2007.

Like 0      
08 Apr 2007 8:21 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Hello Hills999,

I too have arthritis. Mine is osteoarthritis.

I was first diagnosed when I was 26, that was a huge blow to me too.

When we bought in Playa Flamenca, Costa Blanca, I had heard that the World Health Organisation siad it was the most healthiest place to live due to the salt in the air.

As Janice (Jeansis) quite rightly says, the salt lakes in the area are extremely benificial to arthritis suffers, not sure about asthmatics, but Jeansis is well read and she must be right.

I can honestly say, that when we visit our casa, within 3/4 days, my condition is SO much better!

I can walk much further, sleep easier and even forget to take the painkillers now and again!

I sympathise with you, it's not a nice thing for the body to be giving up so young, when the mind is still thinking "teenage"!

Good luck...............

Kind regards,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
13 Apr 2007 2:50 PM by tee-bone Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

hi guys,

if you go onto the W.H.O. site, world health organisation, they listed the 'healthiest areas to live , the criteria was , asthma, arthritis, rheumatism, heart disease, ... the top spot was Salt Lake City in Utah, USofA, and second was the area around Torrevieja down to Cartegena,, must be the salt I suppose, bet you're pleased ya live here  now!!!

Like 0      
21 Apr 2007 2:08 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

My wife has suffered from a bad knee since childhood culminating in a knee replacement a few weeks ago at the quite young age of 57 (she couldn't get it done before because they said she wasn't old enough).

Every time we have been to the Torrevieja area, the pain eases considerably.  I don't know if it's the sun or the salt but even in Winter it eases off.  As they say, there's something in the air and it must be good.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Any shops open on Monday 2nd - 21 posts
Skype Pro Promotion - 27 posts
Ribera Golf & La Union - 4 posts
Community pool safety issues - 6 posts
RENTING BEWARE - 2 posts
Development Discussions - 6 posts
Mortgage advice for a ( mortgage virgin) 36yr old,... >) - 1 posts
Mortgage advice for a 36yr old, never had one before man,,,and a bit of other ..... - 9 posts
Casablanca Beach - 2 posts
change of ownership - 5 posts
help on sending first payment. - 3 posts
News of friends - 19 posts
Moving a part load of furniture to Spain from the UK - 11 posts
Any other Irish out there? - 11 posts
NIE APPLICATIONS IN ALMERIA - 4 posts
Residentias - 0 posts
till April the 9th. - 3 posts
Inspection dates - 2 posts
What area should we choose? - 10 posts
Return of Deposit Monies!! - 8 posts
Anyone bought on Atalaya de Mojacar? - 2 posts
Quality Warning! - 9 posts
launching jet ski's Costa Blanca Area - 0 posts
St Georges Day - A bank holiday?? - 26 posts
Anything music .. just great listening - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x