Lots of questions about electricity connection/contracts/meters etc !!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 Mar 2009 12:00 AM by angelajoy Star rating in Norfolk / Hinojares .... 1 posts Send private message

Hi

This is my first post so I hope I'm doing it right !! 

I have a pair of village houses in a small village near Baza. They had an old style meter on the wall outside and very ancient, but funtioning, wiring.

When we bought them we were told not to bother changing over the names for the electricity bill as the bills went straight to the bank and the lady in the bank was happy to take the money out of my account to pay them. This was fine until one of the bills was sent to the previous owner and they didn't either pay it or take it to the back for me to pay it. Endesa Sevillana cut us off as it didn't get paid (8 euros!!!).

My questions are     = will the old contract have been automatically cancelled when we were cut off in 2007 - we paid the bill  as soon as we found out about it ?                 

do we have to upgrade to a new style meter before we can be re-connected ?

If we have to have a new contract for supply will we have to have the houses totally re-wired or is it possible to have a 'temporary'  or 'reduced' supply and just really basic wiring done ,as we intend to do a lot of renovation, including knocking the two houses together, so we don't know as yet where we would want sockets etc. ?

Any help would really be appreciated.

Thanks   Angela

Like 0      
07 Apr 2009 5:43 PM by Fairway Lawyers Star rating. 48 posts Send private message

Hi,

the problem is that in order to arrange the transfer of a contract or the connection of a new supply Sevillana requests a general update of the installation- which means you have to involve an Spanish electrician necessarily - and also to provide for some documents.

In your case, if the old contract was cancelled by lack of payment, and the debt was not settled within 1 month, the Sevillana will deem the old contract as cancelled and they will force you to get a new one. This means: installation has to be updated, the electrician has to issue an installation certificate and finally you have to pay the connection fees.

Good luck

Like 0      
07 Apr 2009 10:28 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Agree with previous post. You will need to update the wiring according to the latest EU standards, and get a registered sparky to issue a boletin, which is the certificate mentioned.

There is an Endesa office in Baza, Carretera de Granada, 4. They may be able to advise you on exactly what you need to do.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Will Atlético move to Estadio La Peineta? - 1 posts
Newbie - 2 posts
what is the difference between potentially and realistically - 1 posts
Sea fishing - 8 posts
Merienda - 7 posts
Fines and the Guardia Civil - 9 posts
Hacienda Taray- Hacienda San Cayetano - 6 posts
Contract revision: an alternative to judicial affair - 0 posts
Sky dish 1.9 inc digi box, cable and card for sale - 4 posts
Hi everyone - 4 posts
sole trader - 0 posts
pattison1951 - 1 posts
Flamenco - 8 posts
Mugging in Duqessa - 36 posts
Newbie - 2 posts
Dynamic Currency Conversion - 0 posts
stay in uk - 28 posts
Experienced fish fryer required for fish and chip shop in Costa Del Sol - 4 posts
News for Barclays Spain mortgage holders - 8 posts
Help Moving to spain - 2 posts
Community Meeting - 1 posts
Importing a UK registered motorcycle - 3 posts
A Bullet for the King - 0 posts
Benfits of residents in Spain - 5 posts
Singled out - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x