Flamenco

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 Mar 2009 12:00 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

I thought that I would tell you about my first flamenco lesson. I can't believe that I have been in Spain for four years and I haven't done this before, it is a must do! The teacher (Eva that appeared on The Siesta Show) was very patient and encouraging. I am really looking foward to my next class. It is such good value too at just 25 euros a month for two classes a week. Let me know if you are interested. I will definitely be sending my daughters to classes with her!

Susan

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
18 Mar 2009 9:49 PM by Christian Star rating. 26 posts Send private message

Hi Susan,

What are you learning? Flamenco or... Sevillanas?

Sevillanas is fantastic and is quite easy to learn -hmmm.. yes it is! Your timing is good. I noticed that you live on the Costa del Sol, so if your quick you've got Marbella fair to look forward to, followed by the other main ones: Estepona, Los Boliches, Malaga, Torremolinos, Fuengirola (the best!) and San Pedro.

Are they teaching you the Spanish secret? lift your hand to the tree, take the apple, bring it down to your mouth and though it away? It is a very sensual dance!

Like 0      
18 Mar 2009 11:04 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Well this evening we did the first and second part of Sevillanas. She splits it into three sections. No arm movements yet as it was the very first class today.

Susan

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
19 Mar 2009 5:58 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Olé ahí!

Flamenco is very deep... some people even use it to relax like an andalusian yoga!

This message was last edited by mariadecastro on 3/19/2009.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
19 Mar 2009 8:24 AM by Nati Star rating in Manilva (Costa del .... 237 posts Send private message

It is also good exercise and fun.  I hope to joing soon

Ana

Ana Sánchez. PGCE, MA & BA(Hons)

Teaching and Translation Services

Like 0      
19 Mar 2009 2:35 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

I can imagine how it could be relaxing Maria but at my level it requires intense concentration!

Susan

Like 0      
19 Mar 2009 3:02 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

It will come Susan... You and me will relax together dancing flamenco very soon!

Maria L. de Castro 

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
22 Mar 2009 5:48 PM by roses Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

Hi can you please tell me where on the Costa Del Sol you are taking lessons, I'm in Estepona sounds like great fun

thanks

Like 0      
22 Mar 2009 8:10 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Hi roses

It is at Pablo Picasso school in Manilva at 8 on a Wednesday and Friday. I am sending you a PM.

Susan

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Mugging in Duqessa - 36 posts
Newbie - 2 posts
Dynamic Currency Conversion - 0 posts
stay in uk - 28 posts
Experienced fish fryer required for fish and chip shop in Costa Del Sol - 4 posts
News for Barclays Spain mortgage holders - 8 posts
Help Moving to spain - 2 posts
Community Meeting - 1 posts
Importing a UK registered motorcycle - 3 posts
A Bullet for the King - 0 posts
Benfits of residents in Spain - 5 posts
Singled out - 0 posts
New, unexpected circumnstances... can I cancel my contract? - 0 posts
Scrapyards Costa del Sol - 1 posts
Agent spent the deposit - 9 posts
Iceland - 19 posts
Has anyone used 'Car trawler' for car hire - 44 posts
New Survey - 0 posts
Electricity Bills - 70 posts
FLORIST- PINAR DE CAMPOVERDE?? - 0 posts
HELP - LOOKING FOR FLORIST- PINAR DE CAMPOVERDE - 0 posts
Free Energy Saving Lightbulbs from Iberdrola - 2 posts
Apartment for sale: sea-front, luxury beach & golf resort - 0 posts
Calahonda Business Fair - Come and say hola - 0 posts
Anyone using a Sharp HD Digital Television, bought in the UK, in Spain? - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x