Contract revision: an alternative to judicial affair

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 Mar 2009 12:00 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Legal tip 58. Contract re-negotiation: an alternative to judicial affair.
Thursday, March 19, 2009 @ 8:07 AM

Contract Re-signing: an alternative to judicial affair.

If you are cancelling your contract, based on effective and legal reasoning with the aim of using that money in the future to buy again in Spain, it may be a good idea for you to try to renegotiate with the developer the terms of the contract…. specially the price and the completion deadline. 

As there is a previous breach by the developer, which could drive the case to cancellation, you can take the chance to put some pressure on develope and get same property at a much more reduced price.  It actually is a win-win deal so I cannot see a developer refusing it and if so, I am sure the Judge will agree with you and will revise the contract on your favour.

This new contract can be drafted now with full respect and coverage of all your rights as a consumer… those that your current contract lacks. Of course with a proper Bank Guarantee in place.

In terms of price reduction: I know a developer who is offering its properties at a price reduced by the money the interested person is trying to recoup from the developer in Courts (that 20-30% of the price paid as a deposit). I think it is a good example of common sense and keeness to put some balance and life back to the market.

If you cannot get finances now, as there is also a possibility of cancelling the contract because of this, you can try to agree to have completion postponed and a good discount on price.

Crisis brings opportunities.

Sunset in Barrosa beach ( Chiclana). By Josep.Abad at  Flickr.com. These setting suns were inspiration for our Costaluz logo.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Sky dish 1.9 inc digi box, cable and card for sale - 4 posts
Hi everyone - 4 posts
sole trader - 0 posts
pattison1951 - 1 posts
Flamenco - 8 posts
Mugging in Duqessa - 36 posts
Newbie - 2 posts
Dynamic Currency Conversion - 0 posts
stay in uk - 28 posts
Experienced fish fryer required for fish and chip shop in Costa Del Sol - 4 posts
News for Barclays Spain mortgage holders - 8 posts
Help Moving to spain - 2 posts
Community Meeting - 1 posts
Importing a UK registered motorcycle - 3 posts
A Bullet for the King - 0 posts
Benfits of residents in Spain - 5 posts
Singled out - 0 posts
New, unexpected circumnstances... can I cancel my contract? - 0 posts
Scrapyards Costa del Sol - 1 posts
Agent spent the deposit - 9 posts
Iceland - 19 posts
Has anyone used 'Car trawler' for car hire - 44 posts
New Survey - 0 posts
Electricity Bills - 70 posts
FLORIST- PINAR DE CAMPOVERDE?? - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 1

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x