6 Nations 2009

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
14 Feb 2009 12:00 AM by ******** Star rating in UK & Murcia. 574 posts Send private message

Good luck Wales, hope you have a great game!

Jane

Like 0      
14 Feb 2009 1:24 PM by jayuser Star rating. 37 posts Send private message

Yes Indeed ! Come On Cymru lets see some fire from the Dragon today

Jay [Maesteg ]

Like 0      
14 Feb 2009 2:56 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Well I will be wearing my lucky Welsh Rugby shirt that I wore for every match last year when we won the Triple Crown, The Grand Slam and The Six Nations.

So come on Wales, let's do it again.

Colin (Gorseinon, Wales now Duquesa, Spain)

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
15 Feb 2009 9:04 AM by ******** Star rating in UK & Murcia. 574 posts Send private message

Your shirt worked Colin - and it was needed !  England played so much better than last week it was a nail biter to watch.  Well done Wales!!

Jane

Like 0      
15 Feb 2009 11:31 AM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Too right Jane

They better pull their socks up or could be tears before bedtime!!!

England played really well, it was touch and go all the way.

Great Match

Keep that shirt on Colin

Like 0      
15 Feb 2009 8:49 PM by raff Star rating in Belfast. 143 posts Send private message

I must agree Wales look to be on top form and it was a nail biting match against a much improved English team but ,sorry all you Welsh supporters, must say I think its Irelands turn this year to win the grand slam.

Like 0      
16 Feb 2009 6:14 AM by JC1 Star rating in Manchester and La Du.... 963 posts Send private message

JC1´s avatar

I think Wales miss Giggsy on the left..never been the same team since!!!

Regards

John

Like 0      
16 Feb 2009 11:02 AM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

I said from the beginning that if Wales beat England, then it will come down to the final game between Wales and Ireland for the RBS 6 Nations Championship.

The Wales v England match was absolutely breathtaking to watch and at half time I was quite literally on the edge of my seat! Arguably the two best teams this season, and old rivals, locking horns for what was a delight to watch. What I considered Rugby at its best with excellent match officials doing a 1st class job and blistering pace throughout what must have been a gruelling encounter.

Hopefully a much improved England can do us a favour on Saturday 28th and beat Ireland, however Wales must dispatch a decent French squad the previous day during a very unusual fixture as it falls on a Friday night?!?!?!?!?!

Then Wales take on Italy on Saturday the 14th for what should be a good game with an equally good result for Wales, but you can never underestimate a squad, as we all saw last Saturday as England finally ‘arrived’ on the pitch and gave Wales a good run for their money, as England had potential to win the match.

I remember last year when Wales had already won the Triple Crown and we were playing the last match of the season against France for the Grand Slam and the RBS 6 Nations Championship, at half time it was 9 - 6 to Wales and when the match resumed we saw a Welsh squad come out breathing Dragon Fire for the second half and won the match 29 - 12.

This year is set to be even more electrifying than last year, as the very last match of the season is Wales v Ireland and for Wales it will be for the Triple Crown, and let’s hope it is also for the Grand Slam and the RBS 6 Nations Championship. 

Wow!

Come on my boys, Come on Wales! 

This message was last edited by TechNoApe on 2/16/2009.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Like 0      
16 Feb 2009 9:18 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Colin

I was lucky enough to be there for the Italian game and the final. What a fantastic atmosphere!!  The Italians were great, although they insisted that even if it rained they didn't want the roof on because of the singing, or so the rumour goes

Hope Shane "mighty mouse" is fit enough and Gavin doesn't have to babysit  .

As for Giggsy, not a bad idea, multi tasking

Like 0      
17 Feb 2009 7:48 AM by ******** Star rating in UK & Murcia. 574 posts Send private message

Keep that shirt on Colin, Gina and I will go and buy one too......or a bottle of the Irish stuff to blur the tension!  Sorry JC1 but after Cardiff's dismal show last night we'll stick to the oval ball players! 

Jane

Like 0      
17 Feb 2009 8:43 AM by JC1 Star rating in Manchester and La Du.... 963 posts Send private message

JC1´s avatar

you have still got Swansea to follow..they do look good at proper football

seriuosly i am not Welsh so have no axe to grind but the principality should be proud that they have 2 of our greatest sportsmen in the last 15 years ...Ryan Giggs and Joe Calzaghe who has just retired undeafeted world champion. I think the Welsh Assembly should be demanding they are both knighted for their services to their sport...even Trevor Brooking got one for zilch!!! and that woman sailor too...

This message was last edited by JC1 on 2/17/2009.

Regards

John

Like 0      
17 Feb 2009 11:08 AM by Acapulco Star rating in Costa Blanca South.. 342 posts Send private message

Acapulco´s avatar

Yes, but knighthoods in general have been made a mockery of in recent years.Sadly the genuine,deserving ones will be devalued by the jokes.

If you're going through hell keep on going, you might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

Like 0      
27 Feb 2009 2:56 PM by ******** Star rating in UK & Murcia. 574 posts Send private message

Come on boys, give us a great game tonight and fingers crossed for a win.  Techno - I hope you're wearing your lucky jersey !!

Jane

Like 0      
27 Feb 2009 3:10 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Am wearing my Rugby Shirt at the moment whilst at work, which I think is making Justin of his Pool game... or is it that I'm in the zone.

However tonight, down itZabar, I shall be wearing my lucky No.9 Welsh Rugby Shirt that I always wear, and only wear, for each and every match, during the match, as at the end the top comes off! (oo-er) ....

AND NO! It doesn't come off down the pub... well not all the time.... ok maybe sometimes.

So come on my boys, let's do it again.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Like 0      
27 Feb 2009 4:02 PM by raff Star rating in Belfast. 143 posts Send private message

Would be fantastic  to see Wales beat the French tonight, so good luck to the team and all its supporters- have a great game.

And goodluck to Ireland on saturday against a very determined English team.

Wales v Ireland final:- What a prospect

Like 0      
27 Feb 2009 4:26 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Keep your shirt on Techno

Not too long to go now Jane, KO at 8, we are starting at 6.30   

Good Luck Wales

Like 0      
28 Feb 2009 9:47 AM by ******** Star rating in UK & Murcia. 574 posts Send private message

Techno - why oh why did you take your shirt off?? look what you've done now!

Seriously gutted - outplayed by France, and lost.  Good match though and worth the headache and sore throat this morning.   I started at 8 Gina, unlike some, how's your head!

Jane

Like 0      
28 Feb 2009 4:09 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

I kept my shirt on... honest!

Although I couldn't keep my seat!!!!

Terrific match and such a shame the boys couldn't hold it together, to many errors, on both sides, lead to France nicking the win from us. I must say that I can't take anything away from the French squad as they punished us every time we made a mistake.

Well, gone are the dreams of back-to-back Grand Slam, however we are still on course for the Triple Crown and we can still win the Championship.

When I got home and finally decided to go to bed, having drowned my sorrows, I realised as I was taking of my Lucky Shirt, that I wasn't wearing my Welsh socks!

Must make sure that for the final two matches against Italy and Ireland that I am wearing the socks and the shirt.

This message was last edited by TechNoApe on 2/28/2009.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Like 0      
28 Feb 2009 5:23 PM by raff Star rating in Belfast. 143 posts Send private message

Bad luck Wales  though you had it in the bag at end of first half.

NOW ITS THE TURN OF THE IRISH SO COME ON  IRELAND.

Like 0      
28 Feb 2009 9:34 PM by raff Star rating in Belfast. 143 posts Send private message

Stayed at the Arlinfton hotel on the banks of the Liffey, just below ha'penney bridge, the last time England meet Ireland at Croke Park . Tonight  must say think both sides were afraid of the other and though I found the match exciting ( jumping up on the bar seat and shouting at the TV screen) i'm aware that the game may not have lived up to exectations.

I  believe that ruby fans are some of the the best in the world . English, Scots, Welsh and  Irish  all in the same huge lounge, sining , cheering and bantering each other. Where would you get it! 

Hard Luck England COME ON IRELAND

PS DIDN'T WEAR SHIRT OR SOCKS- QUITE NAKED ACTUALLY.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Ariving on flight blah blah - 7 posts
Bank of Spain petition - latest - 3 posts
New Criminal Activity - can anyone substantiate - 7 posts
New to Eye on spain - 3 posts
New Criminal Activity - 4 posts
Child Maintenance Issue. - 1 posts
Aifos Demand Letters - 5 posts
Snowing again! - 5 posts
Proposals for AGM - 12 posts
Blue Tits, Fat Balls & Pinched Nuts - 13 posts
Local Moving Company - 0 posts
MURCIA? MAR MENOR? COSTA CALIDA? - 14 posts
Interior Paint - 5 posts
unwanted furniture packs - 1 posts
A task for Justin re mobile sites - 0 posts
One for the PC techies please? - 11 posts
How much to sue a builder? - 11 posts
Iberdrola & Aguaquest bills online - 11 posts
El Pinet Rental - 0 posts
Property management - 1 posts
Communal areas change of use - 13 posts
Wages in Spain - 8 posts
anyone got a high chair senorio de Roda area? - 0 posts
Horror Stories about refunds from Polaris! - 0 posts
Villa to sleep 30 people or seperate villas close to eachother! Money no objest! - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 49

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x