New Criminal Activity

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 Feb 2009 12:00 AM by Leoleon Star rating in Estepona. 38 posts Send private message

Good morning everyone,

I had a request from one of my members to post a story on our private Forum.

It follows that:-

Supposed East Europeans are dressing up as Guardia Civil and lurking around on secondary roads.

They pull in obvious tourists and give them a breath test. Followed by an on the spot fine.

If the tourist has not been drinking they object, the impostors suggest their equipment is defect.

The tourist is then invited back to their Lookalike Guardia car to take a more sophisticated test.

Whilst in the car they are robbed of everything, and sometimes beaten.

This doesn't sound like a very valid story to me so I thought I would make further enquiries before posting.

Can anyone confirm this story?

Many thanks

Leo

Like 0      
13 Feb 2009 11:57 AM by Fly380 Star rating in Las Filipinas, Orihu.... 253 posts Send private message

Apparently this is a hoax.

Like 0      
13 Feb 2009 12:12 PM by johnf Star rating in London / Costa Del S.... 66 posts Send private message

I have just received this message and this appears to be a genuine warning :-

BE CAREFUL AT GUARDIA CIVIL CHECK POINTS

The other day, a senior police officer, Sr.. Manuel Piedrabuena, told a police conference about a new activity of robbers on secondary roads.

This information comes from a good policeman who wants people throughout Spain to be aware of what is going on.

It seems that a gang, mainly Rumanian including people from Bulgaria and Poland, are disguising themselves as Guardia Civil, with similar uniforms, tri-corn hats, but non-standard pistols. 

They even have cars similar to those of the Guardia Civil.

Because their disguise is not very effective in the light of day, they do their dirty work at night. 

They wait until a car appears and stop it at the side of the road. 

They say that they are checking for drink driving and the result of their test is always positive even if you have not been drinking. Naturally, most people will challenge this result and that is when their game starts. 

They will tell you that perhaps the machine is not working properly but that they have another machine fixed in their car which will determine the result.

THIS IS AN ABSOLUTE LIE!

As soon as you get into their car they will rob you of everything, money, credit cards, mobile phone and whatever they find in your car. The big problem is that they can use your cards straight away and you can do nothing because they are in control.

The Guardia Civil  NEVER ask you to leave your car and they NEVER ask you to take a breathe test in their car.    

On some occasions they can be very, very violent.

Be very careful if you are stopped by the Guardia Civil on secondary roads; keep your mobile phone ready so that you can call the POLICE.

If you keep reporting this gang which is causing havoc we will break up the entire organisation and their numbers will be reduced.  

We must all watch out and use the power of the internet and the public to fight this threat.

If we allow this gang to get away with it, all the other criminals will be headed for Spain.

SEND THIS MESSAGE TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS FOR THE BENEFIT OF ALL OF US.

Like 0      
13 Feb 2009 12:27 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi all, hope you're remembering it's Valentine's Day tomorrow.

The Costa Blanca News is running a feature on this hoax...

READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE .. HOAX

Like 0      
13 Feb 2009 12:37 PM by Leoleon Star rating in Estepona. 38 posts Send private message

Many thanks morerosada, that's what I figured.

I just couldn't believe that the so called criminals could get hold of Guardia Uniforms.

Let alone a car to look the same.

There is still one crime to address here and that is the instigation of the insidious e-mail that started the rumour.

Cheers

Leo

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Child Maintenance Issue. - 1 posts
Aifos Demand Letters - 5 posts
Snowing again! - 5 posts
Proposals for AGM - 12 posts
Blue Tits, Fat Balls & Pinched Nuts - 13 posts
Local Moving Company - 0 posts
MURCIA? MAR MENOR? COSTA CALIDA? - 14 posts
Interior Paint - 5 posts
unwanted furniture packs - 1 posts
A task for Justin re mobile sites - 0 posts
One for the PC techies please? - 11 posts
How much to sue a builder? - 11 posts
Iberdrola & Aguaquest bills online - 11 posts
El Pinet Rental - 0 posts
Property management - 1 posts
Communal areas change of use - 13 posts
Wages in Spain - 8 posts
anyone got a high chair senorio de Roda area? - 0 posts
Horror Stories about refunds from Polaris! - 0 posts
Villa to sleep 30 people or seperate villas close to eachother! Money no objest! - 3 posts
mortgage with halifax es - 0 posts
Documentary Spanish Property - 26 posts
Spanish Toyota Corolla For Sale - 1 posts
Confused - 2 posts
Education system of Spain - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x