Bank of Spain petition - latest

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 Feb 2009 12:00 AM by ruth Star rating in on a hill in rural L.... 117 posts Send private message

The petition to the Governor of the Bank of Spain is now on its way. Because the best laid plans etc… and because time is running out, it was decided to post the petition. So anyone wishing to support it and tell their own story in detail to the Governor now is the time to do that. But first, read on.

I have a couple of things to report.

1.  Michael Cashman, who wrote to the Governor after I sent the Open Letter
to all MEPs, has now had a reply – a copy of which he sent to me today. It
reads (complete with errors):

Dear Mr Cashman

Thank you for your letter of January 9, 2009 regarding off-plan property and bank guarantees. While I appreciate it your concern on the issue, let me inform you that Banco de Espana is aware of the importance of this matter and all the necessary actions within the scope of its supervisory competences are taken in order to ensure full compliance with regulatory requirements.

Additionally, since 1987, Banco the Espana counts with a “Complaint Service” which carries out a bank customer’s protection procedure, provided that there is a prior complain filed before the Customer Assistance Department of the private bank. Banco de Espana Complaint Service is part of FINNET, the European Network dealing with protection of financial customers.

Nevertheless, since our Complaint Service is not part of the Judiciary, its reports are not binding but can be used as expert witness evidence before the competent Court.

A more detailed information is available in English at http//www.bde.es/servicio/reclama/reclamae.htm

Yours sincerely
[scrawled signature]

So please note that if/when you write you should provide evidence of the complaint you made to the bank providing the guarantee together with their reply. 

1. Yesterday I received a copy of a letter from Mark Francois, Shadow Minister for Europe, addressed to Alan Duncan, my MP who I had been to see last month. AD showed concern and promised me to raise our issues with William Hague, etc. So this is (maybe) a beginning. MF is having lunch with the new Spanish Ambassador, Carlos Casajuana, round about now (mid Feb) and is going ‘to raise this issue with him and impress upon him that something ought to be done.’ Unfortunately his office has been closed today as I wanted to give him more information re the petitions/bank guarantee problems/Auken report, etc. before he went to lunch. He needs all the ammunition he can muster.  Well, no matter, perhaps it’s just as well that MF starts gently and puts the screws on later! I think it’s called diplomacy.  I’ll keep you updated.

1. The petition to the Governor of the BoS has been revived - this time in Spanish by a fellow petitioner. See it at: http://www.gopetition.com/online/25216.html 

Nuff for now.
ruth

Like 0      
13 Feb 2009 7:21 PM by wouter Star rating. 10 posts Send private message

Well done Ruth !!!

Wouter

Like 0      
14 Feb 2009 8:05 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Congratulations Ruth! Please keep us posted.

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
19 Feb 2009 10:20 PM by kelju Star rating in South Yorkshire . 300 posts Send private message

kelju´s avatar

Hi,

is there anyone on the forum that could draft a letter that we could all send individually to our MEP asking them to look into the matter, if this has been done before then ignore me.

Just thinking along the lines of Martin Lewis the money saving expert and his template letter to send to english banks reclaiming bank fees.

Kel

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

New Criminal Activity - can anyone substantiate - 7 posts
New to Eye on spain - 3 posts
New Criminal Activity - 4 posts
Child Maintenance Issue. - 1 posts
Aifos Demand Letters - 5 posts
Snowing again! - 5 posts
Proposals for AGM - 12 posts
Blue Tits, Fat Balls & Pinched Nuts - 13 posts
Local Moving Company - 0 posts
MURCIA? MAR MENOR? COSTA CALIDA? - 14 posts
Interior Paint - 5 posts
unwanted furniture packs - 1 posts
A task for Justin re mobile sites - 0 posts
One for the PC techies please? - 11 posts
How much to sue a builder? - 11 posts
Iberdrola & Aguaquest bills online - 11 posts
El Pinet Rental - 0 posts
Property management - 1 posts
Communal areas change of use - 13 posts
Wages in Spain - 8 posts
anyone got a high chair senorio de Roda area? - 0 posts
Horror Stories about refunds from Polaris! - 0 posts
Villa to sleep 30 people or seperate villas close to eachother! Money no objest! - 3 posts
mortgage with halifax es - 0 posts
Documentary Spanish Property - 26 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x