6 Nations 2009

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
01 Mar 2009 11:05 AM by ******** Star rating in UK & Murcia. 574 posts Send private message

Hi raff

I completely agree with you, rugby fans love the game and the crowd is great.  I'm not an ardent fan but just love the 6 nations, has to be in my blood being Welsh with a bit of Irish, English, and Scottish thrown in down the centuries!!  I know Spain is crazy about football but never seen any rugby there.  If we persuade them, perhaps it could become the 7 nations?

Good game but not as tense as others.  Ireland/wales should be superb with a fantastic atmosphere. 

I'm getting a bit worried about you and Techno competing to get yer kit off though !   Techno, we want the Tripple Crown - get those socks on!!

Jane

Like 0      
01 Mar 2009 3:44 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Disappointing game, but the writing was on the wall early into the first half.

Talking of socks, I did say they would have to pull them up but they didn't listen did they???

Great match  last night, well done Ireland, very exciting game

Like 0      
02 Mar 2009 7:55 PM by webby30 Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

ireland fro the grand slam then

Like 0      
14 Mar 2009 8:32 AM by raff Star rating in Belfast. 143 posts Send private message

Well here we go again , the Welsh fans are Partying in Italian sunshine wanting their much changed side to come away with a win.The English face a formidable French side with concerns over discipline and this match will be hard to call. The Irish meet a confident Scottish side after their impressive win over Italy last time out.

This is an important day for all the competing teams and I think all fans will be showing some degree of nervousness as to the outcomes of their respective matches.

Colin you may get your shirt and socks on  for I've a four leaf clover in my pocket and twinkle in my eye.

GOOD LUCK ALL

Like 0      
14 Mar 2009 8:43 AM by ******** Star rating in UK & Murcia. 574 posts Send private message

Well said raff - an important day!  I've seen news clips of Welsh fans in Italy and the tension is rising and everyone's sooo excited, would be great to be there.  Just googled for Wales/Ireland tickets - I'd have to sell my house in Spain for them ! 

So flossy what time are you starting on the vino collapso today?

Good luck everyone - especially Wales of course!

Jane

Like 0      
14 Mar 2009 9:17 AM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

According to the Costa Blanca News, Spain are in the B division and will be playing Portugal this weekend.  They also have an Englishman playing for them - he has just qualified after 3 years' residency!  He must be good, as he has only just completed his 3 years, and he doesn't play for one of the top teams either.

Sue

Sue Walker

Author of "Retiring the Ole Way", now available on Amazon

See my blog about our life in Spain: www.spainuncovered.com

Like 0      
14 Mar 2009 12:40 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hey Jane

Just going to finish work then might as well make a start LOL!

Like 0      
14 Mar 2009 9:27 PM by raff Star rating in Belfast. 143 posts Send private message

Just back from a most splended night in town, began at 12:45 and finished 8:30. I won't talk about the Welsh Game to spare Welsh blushes but as I said this morning there's a lot of nervousness out there.

Like****** I would give my back teeth to have a ticket for the Ireland v Wales game.

Tomorrow is an important day as to outcomes. so for now the four leaf clover is hidden away in its golden box but the twinkle is hard to surpress.

What a great game awaits both Welsh and Ireland fans, once again Good Luck to ALL

Like 0      
15 Mar 2009 9:48 AM by ******** Star rating in UK & Murcia. 574 posts Send private message

Hi raff - you deserve to have a splendid night, Ireland were awesome.  Scotland were also brilliant.  Wales could have been if the man hadn't played around with the team so much, disgraceful in such an important test match and a real insult to the Italians. 

It looked like school/college rugby not a test match. He's either paving the way to get a way out from his contract or he has no clue about what the people of the country he's working for want, and will go from hero to zero very quickly. 

Hi Sue, thanks for that info, I've never heard of a Spanish rugby team, maybe we'll be seeing more of them in the future.  If their football's anything to go by it should be well worth waiting for - come on Spain!

Roll on next week.

Jane

Like 0      
16 Mar 2009 4:22 PM by sandiemac Star rating in Ireland/El Barranco .... 22 posts Send private message

Well Lads n Lassies

I think Ireland has it in the bag.Well done to Scotland but the better team won on the day.

Wales will need all the luck of the irish if they think they have a chance of winning the six nations

its IRELANDS turn this year

COME ON IRELAND !!!!!!!!!!!

Like 0      
20 Mar 2009 3:16 PM by raff Star rating in Belfast. 143 posts Send private message

Well tomorrow will be the deciding day  for the six nations with the current holders Wales needing to win by  at least 13 points over Ireland at Cardiff. Ire

Like 0      
20 Mar 2009 3:16 PM by raff Star rating in Belfast. 143 posts Send private message

Well tomorrow will be the deciding day  for the six nations with the current holders Wales needing to win by  at least 13 points over Ireland at Cardiff. Ireland

Like 0      

Well tomorrow will be the deciding day  for the six nations with the current holders Wales needing to win by  at least 13 points over Ireland at Cardiff. 

Like 0      
20 Mar 2009 4:42 PM by raff Star rating in Belfast. 143 posts Send private message

England, who surprised me, totally destroyed the French in one of the best matches of the competition so far. But they meet the mighty Scots at Twickenham tomorrow and what a delicious treat this will be.  The ever improving Scots, with just one win under their belt, will want to commence battle with their English rivals who will need to show grit and determination to subdue their worthy opponents.

The Italians will of course give the French a run for their money, particularly if they haven't recovered from their humilitating defeat last week.

But  of course the game receiving the most attention will be that held at Cardiff between Ireland and Wales. I know both sides will set out to win this game and the competition. The Welsh will have home advantage and although they have 'wobbled' over the last two games there is nothing so say they won't be a rejuvenated side and play as to form. Ireland on the other hand have their best chance to win the competition since 1948, we had our hearts broken last year when the Welsh dragon snatched the tile from our grasp.

Once again good luck to all the teams and fans, enjoy the Rugby enjoy the day..

Muster you men of Erin with valour and strength and may the luck of the Irish enfold you.

COME on IRELAND.

Like 0      
20 Mar 2009 4:54 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Sort yourselves out Wales and don't let us down

It's gonna be a nail biter again I think  

Like 0      
20 Mar 2009 8:11 PM by sandiemac Star rating in Ireland/El Barranco .... 22 posts Send private message

Well tomorrow will tell all,

BEST OF LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS

COME ON IRELAND

Like 0      
20 Mar 2009 8:23 PM by tired of waiting Star rating in navan,ireland.. 100 posts Send private message

COME ON IRELAND - WE'RE ALL BEHIND YOU

"LOW LIE THE FIELDS OF ATHENRY"

HELEN

Like 0      
20 Mar 2009 8:26 PM by ******** Star rating in UK & Murcia. 574 posts Send private message

Good luck to all teams tomorrow.  Looking forward to some great entertainment.   Come on Wales - we can do it !

Jane

Like 0      
21 Mar 2009 8:06 AM by alantracey Star rating. 156 posts Send private message

I am a rugby widow.  My husband used to play, and now he's too old, he's an ardent fan.  However, I can't avoid it, as we live near twickenham rugby ground, so I can't even move the bloody car to go shopping!!

I must agree, that we have never had any major trouble from rugby fans (maybe except the army/navy matches !!) and we really enjoy the atmosphere in the town, whoever is playing.  the banter is great.  I would never consider living near a football ground.tho.

And if you can't beat them.....................

COME ON ENGLAND

Tracey

Like 0      
21 Mar 2009 9:19 AM by tricia52 Star rating in Dublin. 277 posts Send private message

Should be a great day for rugby fans.

Good luck to all the teams playing today...but extra luck to the Irish team.

C'mon the Irish

This message was last edited by tricia52 on 3/21/2009.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Ariving on flight blah blah - 7 posts
Bank of Spain petition - latest - 3 posts
New Criminal Activity - can anyone substantiate - 7 posts
New to Eye on spain - 3 posts
New Criminal Activity - 4 posts
Child Maintenance Issue. - 1 posts
Aifos Demand Letters - 5 posts
Snowing again! - 5 posts
Proposals for AGM - 12 posts
Blue Tits, Fat Balls & Pinched Nuts - 13 posts
Local Moving Company - 0 posts
MURCIA? MAR MENOR? COSTA CALIDA? - 14 posts
Interior Paint - 5 posts
unwanted furniture packs - 1 posts
A task for Justin re mobile sites - 0 posts
One for the PC techies please? - 11 posts
How much to sue a builder? - 11 posts
Iberdrola & Aguaquest bills online - 11 posts
El Pinet Rental - 0 posts
Property management - 1 posts
Communal areas change of use - 13 posts
Wages in Spain - 8 posts
anyone got a high chair senorio de Roda area? - 0 posts
Horror Stories about refunds from Polaris! - 0 posts
Villa to sleep 30 people or seperate villas close to eachother! Money no objest! - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 49

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x