power of attorney

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
24 Jan 2009 12:00 AM by willoughby Star rating. 53 posts Send private message

can anyone give me an insight here as i am a little in the dark

what happens with your power attorney after the sale of the property etc.

our power of attorney was our solicitor representing us in the purchase of our place in spain.  he was also the brother of the bank manager and they have both moved on.. a friend of mine put to me that i needed to address the power of attorney side of things but didnt go into detail.

a few years have past now & would like to learn more about my spanish paperwork documents etc and realise i have been too laid back in a lot of areas.

kind regards

Like 0      
26 Jan 2009 5:20 PM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

Hi Willoughby,

I think your post would attract more help if you put it on the 'Spanish Lawyers' thread.

Power of Attorney is not strictly a health related question unless it is in relation to  someone with  diminished mental capacity. Even so it is still a legal matter that needs expert advice rather than the general advice you might receive on this thread.

Like 0      
26 Jan 2009 7:53 PM by willoughby Star rating. 53 posts Send private message

sandra

yes i agree sorry for that.. i am very new to all this and guess maybe i have been a little over eager to communicate

first time a forum member

regards

Like 0      
26 Jan 2009 11:05 PM by PaulandJane Star rating in Walsall, West Mids. 68 posts Send private message

I to would be interested to find information on this issue. Any ideas who to contact ??

Like 0      
27 Jan 2009 5:41 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Willoughby:

You can start by sending a certified notice to former lawyers on your will to cancel your  old Power of Attorney and then you can communicate it to him through Notary conduct ( Notary to Notary communication on Power of attorney´s revocation)

Was the POA an specific one for the purchase of a determined property or an open-general one for purchases in Spain?

Best,

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
27 Jan 2009 4:16 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Hi Maria

I was going to see my solicitor in February to revoke my POA which is a general "manage my affairs" POA. I am also changing bank accounts so they will not have the authority for that any more either. So basically I still have to go to a notary to revoke the poa?

Thanks

MArk

Like 0      
28 Jan 2009 8:01 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Yes, most advisable. It is a very easy procedure. You just need to go to a Notary office with a copy of your Power and ask him to revoke and communicate the revoking to the curent holder of that Powe of Attoney.

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
28 Jan 2009 8:05 AM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Okay, thanks for the help Maria.

Mark

Like 0      
28 Jan 2009 8:23 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Sure Mark !

Maria 

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
10 Jul 2009 2:33 PM by ElSordo Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Sorry to ressuscitate an old query, but I'm in a similar situation to Marksfish.

In 2002, we gave power of attorney to an abogado in Cadiz province in relation to a property transaction and it has remained effective ever since. For reasons which I won't go into here, we need now to revoke this power of attorney and appoint a new lawyer to act on our behalf. Is it possible for us to do this without alerting the original abogado until after the fact? We're sorry to have to act in this manner, but there has been a serious impropriety on his part and we can no longer have confidence; as things stand, he is empowered in a very broad sense to "manage our affairs" and I would like to secure our interests without forewarning him...

Also, the POA was originally drafted by a Notary here in Ireland and subsequently translated (with the apostilla Convencion de la Haya). Maria, are you saying that it is sufficient for us to return to the Irish Notary and complete a Deed of Revocation, and then send this to our lawyer in Cadiz? Or do we need to do it with a Spanish Notary?

Many thanks for any advice you can offer!

Like 0      
10 Jul 2009 2:39 PM by ElSordo Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Oh, I'm sorry, I've just noticed this thread is in the Health forum (?!) so I'll repost my query in a more approriate place!

Like 0      
10 Jul 2009 3:58 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Dear Elsordo:

If you are starting a new action regarding the property, just the communication of the new legal work being started by a different lawyer will be enough to have him stopping any deal on your behalf.

Your same new lawyer will be able to issue the revokation notice on your behalf.

Best regards,

Maria L. de Castro

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
10 Jul 2009 5:47 PM by ElSordo Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Thanks, Maria! I've added more on the other thread... I still can't post a html link here, but it's in the "Spanish Lawyers" forum.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

anyone used Abolex Lawyers????? - 2 posts
Long Term Rental Property Required Cartagena Area - 2 posts
Long Term Rental Property Required Cartagena Area - 2 posts
Castellon - 0 posts
RC Equipment - 1 posts
RC Equipment - 0 posts
Car prices in Spain - 11 posts
We've pulled out - 4 posts
Simo - Peniscola - 0 posts
Cancer - 2 posts
Peñíscola Owners - 3 posts
Maria - need some help can't seem to get any sense from my lawyer - 12 posts
Driving from the UK - 3 posts
Life insurance - 7 posts
Block 37 - 0 posts
First time visit! - 14 posts
Electricity/Water Meters - 8 posts
Boats and Boating Sailing in Spain ! Help required? - 0 posts
Whats your perfect golfing holiday? - 0 posts
Has anybody had any luck with regularising and registering their illegally built house ??? - 4 posts
private schools in costa blanca are now too expensive - 5 posts
Ford Explorer for sale LHD UK plates - 1 posts
Doin the vida loca... - 1 posts
What do YOU want out of a Property Management company - 2 posts
advice needed - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 13

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x