psi lawyers?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
21 Feb 2007 12:00 AM by raych Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

can any1 help, we were taken to psi "independent solicitors" by amba sun. has any1 delt with them r they any gud .please help

Like 0      
21 Feb 2007 2:01 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Hello Raych

I have no knowledge about this company, but others here will reply if they have.

However, It is never a good idea to use the Solicitor that is provided/recommended by the Agent.

You should always choose your own Solicitor who is totally inependant from the Agent.

I am not suggesting anything immoral here, but Solicitors recommended by the Agent, are normally well known to each other, and you should have someone who's best interests are with you and you alone. Not someone who may have an alliance with an Agent.

Kind regards,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
21 Feb 2007 2:18 PM by fredmorey Star rating in Dubai UAE. 36 posts Send private message

Hi,

My solicitors are PSI based in Playa Flamenca Centro Commercial.They tell me they are independent but i have strong doubts.It is too late for me to change but i would not use them again.It seems to me they dont feel inclined to stand up for the people paying them,unless the developers are paying them more.Thats just my opinion.I posted some advice from PSI on some other thread and both Roberto and Smiley were not impressed with what they said.

Like 0      
21 Feb 2007 3:08 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Yes, I Know the commercial centre, I own very close to there.

See, that's what I meant, they are not acting in the best interests of their clients, the people that are paying them!

Is it too late to change?

Have you asked the advice of our resident Maria de Castro on this forum?

She will tell you if it's too late or not.

Kind regards,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
21 Feb 2007 7:17 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
Never too late to change. They probably haven't done very much anyway yet!

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
21 Feb 2007 9:27 PM by raych23 Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

thanx 4 all ur help. do u recommend any particular lawyer /solicitors?

All we've done is ask her questions through email and get her to send us documents about the site being legal?

do we have to let them know we dont want to use them?We r not liable to paying them anything r we?

please help

Like 0      
21 Feb 2007 9:43 PM by conrad Star rating in Milton Keynes and Dr.... 298 posts Send private message

conrad´s avatar
We are using them and so far everything has benn done to our satisfaction when we went to the notarys office on our first visit the lady we were using was also representing other clients who were not with any agents.

Like 0      
21 Feb 2007 9:45 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/18/2007.

Like 0      
03 Mar 2007 2:57 PM by sdboyle Star rating in Lancashire. 13 posts Send private message

sdboyle´s avatar

Hi,

we're using PSI (our lawyer's name is Annabel).

So far, we're undecided about whether they're any good. We met her in Spain and she seemd very competent but....

The initial contract we received from San Jose was so biased in favour of the developer it was amazing. We know they got a copy but we're not seeing evidence of PSI doing anything to rewrite the contract so that we are protected. Maybe they're just not telling us clearly what they're doing but I've now told Ambasun that they'll not get a penny out of us until the contract is more balanced.

It would be useful if EOS could pull together a 'template' example of a good contract so we could have something against which to compare.

Best wishes

S & S

Like 0      
03 Mar 2007 3:03 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/18/2007.

Like 0      
03 Mar 2007 3:39 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

03 Mar 2007 6:12 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

I was actually doing that kind of work for an article.... Justin... you are saved. Let me have till the middle of next week.

Best regards,

María L. de Castro

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
03 Mar 2007 9:00 PM by Rose1 Star rating in El Pilar, Estepona. 78 posts Send private message

Rose1´s avatar
S & S if you have any specific things you want to put in the contract such as delay penalties or something like that tell PSI thats what you want and see if they can get them put in - instead of letting them take the initiative and letting the developer decide what he wants tell them what you want taken out or what you want added - what have you got to lose ...... if developer refuses then would you want to sign a contract with that developer anyway as long as your requests are reasonable - if the lawyer not happy to do it ditch the lawyer they are supposed to be acting for you

Like 0      
05 Mar 2007 1:21 PM by lizpryce Star rating. 34 posts Send private message

I have just parted company with PSI, (the in-bed-with-Ambasun firm), after three and a half years, and stated my lack of confidence in them as the reason . My propery is now a year and a half overdue, with no Licence of First Habitation in sight and, although my apartment is actually built, the rest of the development is not. PSI were happy to advise me to complete, even when there was no water supply to the property and the builder had left the site abandoned for a year!  

The individuals who work for the firm are generally nice people, but the company policy seeems to bypass YOUR interests in being properly looked after, especially when problems arise. If nothing goes wrong, you will probably be ok with them. However, I am relieved to have broken the association and I think they were pleased to wash their hands of the problems connected to my property purchase.

I am presently shopping for a new lawyer.

Good luck,

Liz

Like 0      
08 Mar 2007 6:42 PM by raychy Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

this is Raych again.I have changed from psi now. We asked them about the bank guarantee and anabel said we'd have to pay 4 it. because of this great site found out we shouldn't have to pay the builder has to. We then got recommended a lawyer in san miguel who says that it is the builders job to pay. I feel psi were not working 4 us its all about getting more money out of us !

Like 0      
12 Mar 2007 3:29 PM by lizpryce Star rating. 34 posts Send private message

You got that right,

Good luck with your purchase,

Liz

Like 0      
12 Mar 2007 4:24 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi all,

PSI are very much in bed with AMBA SUN,and because of the volume of customers that they put their way i would find it very hard to beleive that they will not favour them over the client.

to sdboyle

Your solicitor is not Annabelle she is your translator,your solicitor will be Pablo i would imagine,but you would not have met him as Anna would have done the introduction meeting.

If you were wondering i know Anna personally and the workings of Psi.

If it's San Jose at Jumilla you have a contract for the reason the contract may be one sided is that at the time of sale there was no licence!!!

Concerning Bank Guarantee it is not neccesarily the builders perogative to pay for it unless Amba sun negotiated this for you.Some builders refuse so the agents have to pay it or even clients.

And by the way Amba sun get a kick back from every client they send there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so make your own minds up!!!

P.S To lizpryce i can recommend a great lawyer if you pm me i will forward her details,what development did you buy on?

This message was last edited by georgia on 3/12/2007.

Like 0      
21 Mar 2007 10:30 PM by joolsveer Star rating in Dublin. 7 posts Send private message

My wife and I went to Orihuela Costa with Ambasun last month.  They have recommended that we use PSI as our lawyers to look after the purchase of a resale house.  After reading this thread I would like to get the name of a good independent lawyer in the area.  Can anyone help please?

Like 0      
30 Apr 2007 9:00 PM by Duesy Star rating in West Yorkshire and H.... 21 posts Send private message

Duesy´s avatar

Do PSI have a website ?

Like 0      
30 Apr 2007 9:09 PM by Tish Star rating in Surrey. 833 posts Send private message

Georgia, how I wish there had been someone like you around when we bought through Ocean Estates.  Top marks for telling it how it is.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Apartment for rent - 1 posts
Lounge/Patio door curtains, free - Costa Blanca, 10 mins South of Torreveija - 9 posts
Where's Tinasolero ? - 3 posts
Shakira in concert in Torrevieja - 15 posts
Barclays Buying Property Abroad Guide - 1 posts
WHO'S UP FOR A MEET, POST HERE ! - 109 posts
Saladillo golf - 1 posts
The Best Place To Hide Money: Conversation With A Burglar - 0 posts
Help - scared and frustrated re mortgages - 6 posts
Scared and frustrated re mortgages - 13 posts
Osteopath in Torreveija or surrounding areas - Costa Blanca? - 0 posts
La Cala de Mijas Marina - 4 posts
letting agents for altea hills - 0 posts
Gina in here ................ (San Miguel, not 4 U ! ) - 0 posts
Mar Menor Area - 128 posts
New Ryanair routes - 0 posts
trains,trams and trenets,alicante to denia - 8 posts
looking for the low down on PEINSA please - 15 posts
is this possible - 2 posts
First Meeting. - 9 posts
I need new fingers! - 0 posts
Old cat to Spain ? - 4 posts
Free guides .. downloads - 2 posts
Members.. see SPI postings re Fibby (& JeansSis) here. - 5 posts
Mobile Phones - 67 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 22

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x