Power of Thought

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
24 Oct 2008 12:00 AM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar
Can I ask everyone to spare a thought (or prayer) for friends of ours who today had their twin babies delivered.

Rey was 28 weeks pregnant today & due to one of the babies not growing, a decision was taken to deliver today to give both of them the best chance.

Luke was born at 4.32pm weighing in at 2lb 13oz & at 4.34pm Owen was born weighing just 1lb 15oz. Both are still being stabilised & in the words of their dad, things are looking ok-ish.

Please spare a thought for Andrew, Rey & their 4 yr old daughter Neve (who was also a premmie at 27 weeks weighing 1lb 12oz) as I am sure they will have some hard days along the way to the day that they take the boys home.

Thank you

Noreen 

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
24 Oct 2008 9:52 PM by Ricman Star rating in Hellin, Castilla La .... 104 posts Send private message

Dear Noreen,

Our thoughts and best wishes go out to your friends and their daughter and their two little miracles.  We wish them all the best of luck in the world.  We will pray for them.

Best wishes,

Mandy and Rich

Like 0      
24 Oct 2008 10:19 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Send them our love too please Noreen. We always felt very lucky when our twins were born very healthy and were even overdue. It must be a very desperate time for them. We'll certainly keep them in our thoughts. Justin and Family

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
25 Oct 2008 11:44 AM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar
Thanks Justin & Susan & Mandy & Rich

I haven't heard any more but will probably speak to the babies grandparents over the weekend.
I will update when I get some news.

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
26 Oct 2008 11:49 AM by tired of waiting Star rating in navan,ireland.. 100 posts Send private message

As  a mother of twin boys , now 18yrs, I remember those early days of worry. Will be thinking of this couple and praying for them......................

Helen

Like 0      
26 Oct 2008 4:56 PM by joechristie Star rating in Bacup, Lancashire & .... 64 posts Send private message

joechristie´s avatar
I am a great believer in the power of prayer nad positive thinking.  I will remeber your friends and all their family in my prayers.  

Modern medicine is wonderful, My dear goddaughter Rosie was born at 27 weeks with a very poor prognosis.  She is now a very happy & clever 8 year old who has cerebal palsey but can do all the things her older sisters can do, but somethings take her a little longer.

Please let us know how they go on. 

Like 0      
26 Oct 2008 5:05 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar
Helen, Kathy & Joe

Many thanks for your kind & encouraging words.

I haven't heard any more news & much as I would love to know how things are going, I want to also leave them all alone for the moment.

As soon as I hear any more, I will let you all know.

Thanks again.

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
29 Oct 2008 9:04 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar
Hi All

I have spoken to Luke & Owen's grandparents this evening & to say the least, it has been a bit of a roller coaster ride for the past 5 days.

Both have been on ventilators & Luke has actually been the more poorly when it was Owen (the smaller twin) who was expected to have problems. Owen was put on Cpap today & managed 2 hours of breathing on his own. Luke has been more unstable & they had to completely sedate him for a while but he is slightly improved today.

Poor Rey has been through the wars as well & was very ill over the weekend but again has improved over the last couple of days.

Neve is a little out of sorts, missing school because it is half term & is not impressed that she got brothers & no sister - but she'll love them anyway!! 

So, some good, some not so good but with Rey & the 2 babies still with us, the prayers & thoughts must be working - thank you.

Noreen 

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
29 Oct 2008 11:48 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar
To Luke & Owen

Like 0      
30 Oct 2008 6:58 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar
As a Mum of twin girls, now 29, my thoughts are with these parents and family.
Best wishes  and kind thoughts to them all.

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
31 Oct 2008 3:00 PM by Medical Mum Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

I send my best to this family - sending lots of love and light and trying to visualize the babies growing into strong boys.

I have been taking my daughter to Aprona in Estepona for nearly a year now and I see many premature twins.  There are babies that were born at 24 weeks.  At this stage, the best we can all do is send them lots of love and light.  As someone mentioned earlier, technology today is incredible.  So there is a lot of hope.

Best wishes to the family through these difficult days.  May each day bring them more and more positive news.

Loves Shani

Medical Mum
www.therealestatemum.blogspot.com

This message was last edited by Medical Mum on 10/31/2008.

Like 0      
01 Nov 2008 7:51 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar
My prayers to that family.
Love from Spain,
Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
01 Nov 2008 8:54 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar
Thanks to everyone for their good wishes for Luke & Owen.

I will give an update towards the end of this week. They all have enough to deal with without me phoning, although it is very hard not to!

Keep thinking of them & praying for them please.

Thanks again.

Regards

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
01 Nov 2008 9:35 PM by KEN&LOU Star rating in Manchester. 6 posts Send private message

KEN&LOU´s avatar
It's suprising how strong babies can be, sometimes they can be much stronger than we are, I am sure that in a few weeks Luke & Owen will be home and treasured by their proud parents.  Our prayers and love are sent to all the family.

Like 0      
10 Nov 2008 7:46 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

I don't have a full update on the babies but they have been moved from St Thomas's in London to their local hospital in Kent which means that Rey & Andrew can at least be at home with Neve some of the time.

However, I think things must be going relatively well as I got a lovely surprise this afternoon - an invitation to visit!!!

Wasn't expecting that at all as we had to wait 5 weeks to see Neve so I am taking that as a positive. I will update when I have seen them which will probably be over the weekend, all being well.

Thank you to all for keeping them in your thoughts & prayers.

Regards

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
10 Nov 2008 9:08 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

That's great news Noreen

Hope they will go from strength to strength.

Like 0      
11 Nov 2008 6:48 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Wonderful news!

Will keep the prayers and encouragement up!

MAria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
11 Nov 2008 8:31 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Great news!

Hope things get better & better

x

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
11 Nov 2008 2:55 PM by eilben Star rating in Chesterfield/Santiag.... 101 posts Send private message

Will keep the little ones in my thoughts & prayers.

Like 0      
13 Nov 2008 10:46 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

Thank you all for your thoughts & prayers for Luke & Owen.

We are going to see them tomorrow evening & I had a photo to my mobile yesterday of Rey giving them both a cuddle.

I'll let you know all about them over the weekend.

Thanks again.

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Ghost towns in spain - 1 posts
Finally I have handed my notice in - 15 posts
Mortgages - help! - 1 posts
HealthCare Dillema - 5 posts
Part exchange deals - 5 posts
The Emperor´s new cloth - 3 posts
Removals/Man with Van - 2 posts
New podcast posted on Bravachat - 0 posts
Alicante to Los Alcazares - 3 posts
Tomtom use in Spain ? - 25 posts
plusvalia tax - 8 posts
Painting garden and boundary walls. - 1 posts
swap 3 bed villa in dehesa de campoamor (luxury costa blanca) for house in uk (devon) pref) - 6 posts
Presidency - 6 posts
99 Land Rover Freelander RHD. - 0 posts
Notification of PM - 5 posts
Rentals on EOS - 1 posts
Spanish conversation club - 7 posts
equestrian direct for all your horse needs - 4 posts
Garrett Ace 250 metal detector - 0 posts
Getting an iphone in Spain - 7 posts
Spirit De Mojacar - 6 posts
Introducing David Allen - Wizardgold, Spondicious and BravaChat - 1 posts
Anyone on twitter? - 1 posts
Audi A4 (T reg) Headlanp casings for sale - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 39

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x