Power of Thought

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
14 Nov 2008 11:06 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

HI Everyone

Well, we went to see Luke & Owen this evening & they are absolutely gorgeous but so very tiny. I put my hands together with my fingers overlapping & Luke wasn't even that long

Luke has lost a little bit of weight & at times has apnoea attacks where his oxygen levels plummet & he goes a little blue but a little shake get s him going again. Apparently this is quite common in premmie babies but still a bit scary!!

Owen has more of a look of a premature baby than Luke & has the tiniest little face & is the absolute image of his big sister. Luke is very like his dad.

Rey looks well & is recovering from her own health problems & is running between the 2 incubators sorting the boys out. Andrew is a real hands on dad & is looking after them as well. Neve is back at school, finding it strange that she can't bring her brothers home to play but otherwise fine.

All in all, things are going pretty well but please still keep them in your thoughts & prayers - it is obviously working so far.

Thanks to all of you who have given your good wishes. 

Regards

Noreen 

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
14 Nov 2008 11:51 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Wonderful news Noreen!

Your description of size compared to your hands sounds unimaginable!

My power of thought is still with them and I wish the family well.

Kind regards,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
15 Nov 2008 12:01 PM by eilben Star rating in Chesterfield/Santiag.... 101 posts Send private message

Excellent news, though it's hard to imagine how small they really are -  the miracle of life indeed.

The whole family is still in my prayers.

Like 0      
24 Nov 2008 11:34 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

Latest update on Luke & Owen

We spoke to the babies grandma over the weekend & both are now completely off oxygen. Luke still has his dips in oxygen levels but he is managing to correct them himself. Both have had scans last week & everything seems to be going well.

Luke was 2lb 13oz born but dropped back to 2lb 8oz but has now increased to 2lb 14oz & Owen who was 1lb 15oz born has increased to 2lb 4oz which again is great news.

Then this evening Annmarie (my sister) went to see Rey & Neve to deliver some of the tiniest cardies you have ever seen. She has been knitting furiously since last Saturday & had knit 4 cardigans & 2 hats, so you can imagine how small they are. I have nearly finished one cot blanket & all I can think is, thank God she only had twins!!!!

The news this evening is a little bittersweet for Andrew & Rey as they have been told that Luke will probably be home for Christmas but Owen almost definitely won't. We see that as a positive but they are a little sad that they won't both be at home together for their first Christmas.

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
25 Nov 2008 6:21 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Oh dear!

What a.... ( cannot find words)

Enjoy, smile  to them for me and give all my warmest prayers to the family.

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
25 Nov 2008 7:34 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

That's great news to hear they are thriving Noreen.

When can we se some pics?

Shame about Christmas, but there will be many more I am sure.

Still in my thoughts..............

xx

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
25 Nov 2008 10:06 AM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

Wonderful news Noreen. 

It must be a topsy turvey time for you all......................but looking up now and will continue to do so.

Thinking about you all. x

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
25 Nov 2008 12:39 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Oh that is great news, they are getting bigger and stronger and before you know it they will both be out and about!

Susan

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
25 Nov 2008 1:06 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hi Noreen. have only just seen this thread. I am so glad everything is going well it must have been very hard for them.          Medical science is so advanced nowdays.   Will certainly be thinking about them.   My grandson was in intensive care for quite a while he is now a strapping  5 year old.      It will be nice for them to have Luke  home for Christmas though perhaps Owen will not be to long behind it is amazing how strong babies are.  Take care Pat

Like 0      
25 Nov 2008 3:18 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi Noreen

Very good news, I'm so pleased. It is a worry when they are so small and you just feel so helpless. Takes me back too.

Like 0      
26 Nov 2008 10:39 AM by eilben Star rating in Chesterfield/Santiag.... 101 posts Send private message

Excellent news, Christmas is going to be pretty special this year.

Like 0      
02 Jan 2009 10:17 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

Amongst all the doom & gloom of the credit crunch, falling exchange rates, falling house prices, job losses etc. etc. I have some good news........We have been in Spain for the past 9 days & on Monday I got a text message from Rey to say that BOTH Luke & Owen were allowed home last Sunday.

Rey, Andrew & Neve are needless to say ecstatic (Although a bit scared as well) to have these 2 little miracles at home, 2 weeks before they were even due to be born!

Thank you all for your thoughts, prayers & kind words - they obviously worked. 

Hope everyone had a great Christmas & New Year.

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
02 Jan 2009 10:46 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

That is great news Noreen, what a great start to the New Year for them, they will have their work cut out now.  Hope all goes well for them.

Pat  

Like 0      
03 Jan 2009 11:31 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

That is really great news Noreen.  Thanks for the update.  Great start to the year for the family.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
03 Jan 2009 4:18 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Fantastic news Noreen!

The power of thought certainly worked for this family.

When can you post some piccies for us all to coo over?!

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
03 Jan 2009 5:09 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

That's lovely news Noreen

Like 0      
04 Jan 2009 10:52 AM by eilben Star rating in Chesterfield/Santiag.... 101 posts Send private message

What a lovely Christmas/New Year gift - a double blessing

Eileen

Like 0      
05 Jan 2009 1:43 AM by djrickyb Star rating in Lanzarote. 25 posts Send private message

djrickyb´s avatar

Just read this thread and I feel so heart warmed (and considering I have Angina that is a very good thing!).

Why did they name then after the Wilson brothers though?

:)

Like 0      
05 Jan 2009 7:15 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Those are fantastic news! I am sure the Wise King wil pay a visit to their home.

Best love to they 2.

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Ghost towns in spain - 1 posts
Finally I have handed my notice in - 15 posts
Mortgages - help! - 1 posts
HealthCare Dillema - 5 posts
Part exchange deals - 5 posts
The Emperor´s new cloth - 3 posts
Removals/Man with Van - 2 posts
New podcast posted on Bravachat - 0 posts
Alicante to Los Alcazares - 3 posts
Tomtom use in Spain ? - 25 posts
plusvalia tax - 8 posts
Painting garden and boundary walls. - 1 posts
swap 3 bed villa in dehesa de campoamor (luxury costa blanca) for house in uk (devon) pref) - 6 posts
Presidency - 6 posts
99 Land Rover Freelander RHD. - 0 posts
Notification of PM - 5 posts
Rentals on EOS - 1 posts
Spanish conversation club - 7 posts
equestrian direct for all your horse needs - 4 posts
Garrett Ace 250 metal detector - 0 posts
Getting an iphone in Spain - 7 posts
Spirit De Mojacar - 6 posts
Introducing David Allen - Wizardgold, Spondicious and BravaChat - 1 posts
Anyone on twitter? - 1 posts
Audi A4 (T reg) Headlanp casings for sale - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 39

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x