plusvalia tax

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 Oct 2008 12:00 AM by kennylynn Star rating. 136 posts Send private message

Can anybody tell me what this tax is.And who should pay it.

I have recently purchased an apartment,and am in dispute with my solicitor who has invoiced me for 1900 euro on a property costing 153,500 euro .
I was under the impression that the builder paid this tax to the local town hall.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ken

Like 0      
23 Oct 2008 10:24 PM by Poppyseed Star rating. 897 posts Send private message

Sounds like VAT that the buyer has to pay, but not 100% sure.

Poppyseed

Like 0      
24 Oct 2008 12:21 AM by gwm Star rating in Pizarra. 139 posts Send private message

Plus valia tax is a tax the seller usually pays. It is calculated by the town hall, I was going to explain it but try the site below
www.euroresidents.com/property/faqs/plusvalia

It is not a very large amount. You can check with the town hall in advance how much it is on any particular property
regards

www.selectspanishrentals.com

Like 0      
24 Oct 2008 10:42 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar
Buyer will pay plusvalia just if he expressly agree on this. It is clearly stablished by last Consumers Act.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
24 Oct 2008 10:59 AM by sharonw Star rating in Coin, Malaga. 281 posts Send private message

sharonw´s avatar
Hi kennylynn

Plus Valia tax is based on the increase of rateable value from between the time the land was acquired, in this case by the developer, until point of sale.  The onus is on the seller to pay this tax BUT it is not unheard of for the buyer to pay this, depending on what is stated in your sales contract.

Regards

Sharon

sharon@tmasspain.com

www.themortgageservicegroup.com

Like 0      
21 Dec 2009 6:05 PM by mikelord Star rating in Roda. 148 posts Send private message

Hi,

We just sold an apartment in Torrevieja at a hefty loss and have been sent a plus valia bill from the town hall for 1,200 Euros. Our lawyer told us BEFOREHAND it would be LESS than 100 euros!! He has check the amount with the town hall & has been told it is correct. Anyone else come across this massive increase?

Mike

Michael Lord

www.HealthandBeautyAbroad.com

Like 0      
21 Dec 2009 6:10 PM by mikelord Star rating in Roda. 148 posts Send private message

Hi,

We just sold an apartment in Torrevieja at a hefty loss and have been sent a plus valia bill from the town hall for 1,200 Euros. Our lawyer told us BEFOREHAND it would be LESS than 100 euros!! He has check the amount with the town hall & has been told it is correct. Anyone else come across this massive increase?

Mike

Michael Lord

Like 0      
21 Dec 2009 8:44 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

But you said you has lost money.. have not you?

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
22 Dec 2009 8:35 PM by mikelord Star rating in Roda. 148 posts Send private message

Hi,

Yes we have lost money on the sale, I have sent you a PM with more details, thank you.

Mike

Michael Lord

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Painting garden and boundary walls. - 1 posts
swap 3 bed villa in dehesa de campoamor (luxury costa blanca) for house in uk (devon) pref) - 6 posts
Presidency - 6 posts
99 Land Rover Freelander RHD. - 0 posts
Notification of PM - 5 posts
Rentals on EOS - 1 posts
Spanish conversation club - 7 posts
equestrian direct for all your horse needs - 4 posts
Garrett Ace 250 metal detector - 0 posts
Getting an iphone in Spain - 7 posts
Spirit De Mojacar - 6 posts
Introducing David Allen - Wizardgold, Spondicious and BravaChat - 1 posts
Anyone on twitter? - 1 posts
Audi A4 (T reg) Headlanp casings for sale - 0 posts
Mobile Wireless Connection - 2 posts
selling english property AFTER becoming spanish resident - 0 posts
What are the rules and procedures when a tenant is found? - 1 posts
What would you like to know about? - 9 posts
WARFARIN BLOOD TESTING - 4 posts
Spanish Re-mortgage - 7 posts
Age limits on Spanish Mortgages - 6 posts
carexchange - 0 posts
PEUGOET 206 1.9D - 1 posts
Sick of sun, sea and sand - 0 posts
Bandits in Green Uniforms - 12 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x