What would you like to know about?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 Oct 2008 12:00 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Over the past few weeks we've been doing some serious thinking here at Eye on Spain.  As many of you know we're not keen on sitting still for very long. 

We've been updating our real estate blog quite frequently but everything on there seems to be so depressing at the moment.  I put this video on the real estate blog about it yesterday...

Anyway, we have come up with what we think is a really good idea.  I want it to be a surprise so I'm not going to say what it is yet but let's just say that we plan to inject some fun back into Spain.  It's not that we're ignoring the current state of the property market and the poor economic environment that we're in today, it's just that there is still so much of Spain that is great and we want to do more on that now. 

It's time to move on and try to look at what attracted us to Spain in the first place.  We'll never forgot our roots and the people who have helped make EOS the site that it is today.  We're continuing to develop EOS as a buyers and owners forum and bringing as many people together as possible.  2009 is going to be a very exciting year for the site and we hope you'll enjoy what we've got planned.

But without giving away too much at the moment, I wanted to ask you a little question.  What aspects of Spain would you like us to focus more on?  Here are some of my ideas...

Food and drink (this is my number 1)
The fiestas
The language
The culture
Children's views of living in Spain

What other topics, or any of these, would you like to see discussed more of on EOS?

Thanks for your feedback and continued support.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
22 Oct 2008 1:31 PM by esteban19120 Star rating. 182 posts Send private message

esteban19120´s avatar
For me it would be culture as we all loved the laid back way of the spainish but now all we seem to do is moan about it.

Like 0      
22 Oct 2008 1:42 PM by Ricman Star rating in Hellin, Castilla La .... 104 posts Send private message

Hi Justin,

Definitely the points of view of other kids living in Spain for us.

Would be nice to hear some other kids views rather than just our own two little cherubs!!!

Cheers,

Mandy and Rich

Like 0      
22 Oct 2008 2:23 PM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

The one thing that amazes me when I visit people in their properties is hiw little they know aboutthe areas where they have purchased, bars, shops markets etc

Perhaps stuff specific to resorts

Like 0      
22 Oct 2008 3:30 PM by abbbb1 Star rating in Essex and Ciudad Que.... 306 posts Send private message

abbbb1´s avatar
The language and the cultur , please!

Home
is where the heart is!

Like 0      
22 Oct 2008 3:34 PM by abbbb1 Star rating in Essex and Ciudad Que.... 306 posts Send private message

abbbb1´s avatar

Typed last post very quickly - spotted a spelling mistake, and tried to correct it!  

Just ended up with a load of error messages - perhaps system on strike??

Home
is where the heart is!

Like 0      
22 Oct 2008 3:40 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar
I like the sound of all of them, food especially :0) Although I am not a fussy eater, it would be good to know about traditional dishes and what's in them. Driving laws are a minefield and not always easy to find details about.

Mark

Like 0      
22 Oct 2008 5:42 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Thanks for the feedback so far.  In terms of the Spanish culture, are people interested in interviews with Spanish people?  The views and comments about things like expats, jobs, etc?

In terms of food and wine stuff, I hear a lot of Spanish products are now available in UK supermarkets.  Would you be interested in us telling more about what these products are and what you could do with them?

Thanks

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
22 Oct 2008 10:31 PM by Acapulco Star rating in Costa Blanca South.. 342 posts Send private message

Acapulco´s avatar
OOoh you got me all excited now. It's good to have something to look forward to for a change .

If you're going through hell keep on going, you might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

Like 0      
22 Oct 2008 10:38 PM by DoubleJ Star rating in Las Alpujarras and L.... 143 posts Send private message

DoubleJ´s avatar
Like the ideas about food, culture language etc, but I'd also like to know more about Spain away from the Costas.

We subscribe to the "Living Spain" magazine, which is ok, but only issues every 2 months. Content cover similar to this on EOS would be great

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

WARFARIN BLOOD TESTING - 4 posts
Spanish Re-mortgage - 7 posts
Age limits on Spanish Mortgages - 6 posts
carexchange - 0 posts
PEUGOET 206 1.9D - 1 posts
Sick of sun, sea and sand - 0 posts
Bandits in Green Uniforms - 12 posts
BMW 328i Convertible - 0 posts
Hi I'm New - 5 posts
Renault Laguna Estate 1.9 Diesal for Sale - 0 posts
Any one with family/friends in the armed forces??? - 5 posts
Garden Soil - 0 posts
AMARION III IS NOT AN URBASA PROPERTY NOW. - 0 posts
Working in Spain....Paid in UK or Ireland - 1 posts
moto cross - 0 posts
Where have all the photos gone? - 1 posts
Google Earth pinpoints - 9 posts
Getting british T.V. stations back. - 31 posts
Mortgages - 4 posts
Car Hire - Gibraltar or La Linea? - 4 posts
murica or almeria airport hotel - 1 posts
Photos - 0 posts
Edinburgh Airport - 0 posts
bmi baby - 0 posts
importing rattan furniture - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x